Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 8th, 2005, 01:03 AM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via MSN to windycitykitty
Default questions about the Legend

1.Does the Legend have any non smoking bars?
2. How much is the internet usage charge?
3. When you go down the water slide do you end up on a different deck?
4. Are their lockers to lock up stuff in the health club?
5. How tight or loose are the slot machines? Any nickel slots?
6. What kind of shops does the ship have? How are the prices? What can be brought?
7. How are the different restaurants or food stations? Any reccomendations for food?
8. How are the Sunsets and Sunrises?
9. How much do ship photos cost? Video?
10. Are their theme nights or partys?
11. Is the health club crowded?
12. Which pool did you like best and why?
13. How hard is it to get a deck chair?
14.If I want low carb food do I have to suggest it before the cruise or are their low carb options on the menu?
15. What shows did you like or dislike?
16. What bars did you like or dislike and why?
17. Did you get a cabin upgrade? From what to what?
Any info would be apresheated, thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old March 8th, 2005, 01:10 AM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via MSN to windycitykitty
Default Re: questions about the Legend

Opps, I almost forgot,
18. Are the washing machines and dryers coin opperated? Can I get change if I need to?
19. Did your feet hurt walking around this large ship?
20. Were the cabins loud at night do you hear the engines humming etc.?
21. How was the embarkation and debarkation process?
22. Any staff member you really liked?
23. Prices for spa services and hair services?
thanks
Old March 8th, 2005, 07:20 PM
Cruise Maniac

This sounds like your first cruise. I will answer what I know for sure.

2. They have plans. Not sure what they are but if you will spend alot of time online, the plans get u better buck for your money.
3. No, the slide is on deck 10 to the back. You just have to climb some steps on the same deck. Then its comes down to deck 10 again
5. Not to tight on the machines and we sailed twice. September 03 and July 04. Yes They have nickel slots.
6.They have a logo shops with anything you can imagine with the logo. Liquior and smokes. Jewelry, perfumes, some reg non logo clothes, watches, sunglasses, formal wear, flowers.
7. All are great. Friendly people, great services, great food.
8. Depends on weather. Applies to all cruises.
9. $29.99- 39.99
10. Yes they do. Many different food nites, Mexican, Indian, Japanennse, French, etc parities and nights yes but cant remember.
12. The ones in the middle. Next to the band stand and stage, Music and show and deck games
13. Get up early.
14. Its on the menu but only in the main restaurant and the reservations only place.
15. The productions shows. 2 of them on a 8 day maybe 3. The best. the rest is comedy shows and singing people they bring on the ship.
18. Yes they are, not sure of the change machines but I do really thing they have.
19. Never, and if they did I did not realize it cause I was having to much fun.
20. Dont know about the engines, We did not stay on the lowest deck so would not know but on the first time we went we stayed on the 8th deck. No good, You hear the noise from the lido deck.
21. Depends were u sailing from. We sailed from NYC both times, Embrakation was HELL!!!!!!!!. Debarkation was not bad
22. Ya but cant remember there names?
Any more questions? Wow. Finally. Happy Sailing
Old March 8th, 2005, 08:22 PM
SJ

2. Internet cafe is pricey and the more minutes you buy the cheaper it is. The connection is slow from what others tell me.
4. Do you mean the gym? I did not notice lockers.
6. Shops carry jewelry, clothing, toys, pharmaceutical needs, alcohol, photo albums, snacks, souvenirs; a really big variety. Prices are not bad, really.
7. We enjoyed the food in the Truffles Restaurant and the Unicorn Cafe. We did not pay extra for the supper club--the Golden Fleece.
8. The sunrises and sunsets were great. Our dining room table looked out at the sunset every evening
9. Photos vary in price with the size. 8x10 are around $20, then there were 6x9 and 5x7. Once you buy the picture, you can have copies made -- packages are available to make it cheaper
11. Not crowded ever. The treadmills look out the front of the ship.
12. There is an adult only pool but we liked the one that did not have the band stage.
13. Not hard but then we went in January.
14. I believe in the dining room (Truffles) there were three low carb options every evening. I did not take notice up at the Unicorn.
15. The talent show was bawdy and did not have true talent but while I did not enjoy it, many others did.
19. No my feet did not hurt-- loved all the walking!!! Was so nice not to have to put on a coat and drive somewhere.
20. We were on the Riviera deck but there was little noise.
21. It seemed slow to me but in reality, considering 2000 people were on the move. . .
22. We loved our steward, McDonald, and our headwaiter, Azem, and our waiter, Lindon. They all provided excellent professional service.
Old March 9th, 2005, 12:34 PM
Captain

Send a message via MSN to hockeyluver

my hubby found a penny slot machine 5 plays for a nickel!! he finally found a machine he could play all day lol

Next up Elation Aug 23 '10
then the Miracle again Feb 7,2011
Miracle '10
Holiday '09
Legend '09
Triumph '08
Valor '07
Triumph '06
Fascination '04
Legend '03
Old March 9th, 2005, 01:24 PM
Admiral

1) yes, but too many have smoking.
3) Starts and ends on the same deck
6) shops sell everything from jewelry to clothing to notions and gifts, anything you would need (and a whole lot you do not need).
7) besides the main dining room you have the option of 24 hour room service and the Lido Deck buffet areas. There you have many choices from continental breakfast to full breakfast to made to order omlets for breakfast. Lunch options range from hot to cold food, salad bar and pizza with ceaser salad. Lots of choices.
Highly recommebnd the Supper Club. It is a $500 meal for what ever the charge is now $ 25 or $30.
8) the sun rises every morning and sets every night, Quality of the view depends on the weather.
9) photos and videos are about $15 and up.
10) yes , dinners in the dining area are themed as are Lido deck late night buffets.
11) crowds depend on time of day
12) I liked the Lido deck stern pool. Quiet, great bar service, near to food and icecream machines.Also near to slide.
13) never had a problem finding a chair at the stern pool area.
14) just pick and choose from the lower carb options on the menu or at the buffets.
15) The stage shows were excellent, some of the individual acts were a bit
bad, you can't compare as you never know what they will have now.
16) most bars and longes were great. Piano bar and one of two bars outside the dining area had WAY too much smoking.
17) we got exactly the cabin we booked. We did not book a catagory guarantee.
18) coin operated , yes you can get change
19) mine didn't , the ship is not that big
20) noise would depend on cabin location. Ours was mid ship on an upper deck and was quite quiet.
21) embarkation not good due to 4 other ships sailing the same day, disembarkation was a bit slow, but ok.
22) bar service waiter named Wilmur on stern of Lido deck was great guy.
23) figure spa and hair services to be about double what you would pay on shore
Old March 9th, 2005, 02:12 PM
on behalf of Steve

Im gonna look for that penny slot machine, hockey lover! Thanks for info and insight Papa Bill!
Old March 9th, 2005, 03:06 PM
Admiral

Funny thing on those penny slots. I saw a lady playing them and she hit one of the 'jackpots' on it. She was jumping up and down and yelling until she relized that 1,000 means 1,000 pennies and that's just $10. She was pretty ticked off after that and stomped away. <> It was really kinda funny to watch.
Jim