Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 11th, 2005, 08:50 PM
Passenger

Default Re: publicity for Carnival Glory cruise 2/19-2/26

Why are you not responding to Jocko in the same manner. His comments are useless to me. I am on this board because the information from the Glory passengers is important. What's not important to me is the "advice" from Cruisemates. Perhaps all of the sunshine can be blown on another message board and leave this one to those that have issues with the Glory. And no the situation on the Ecstasy is not different. People paid to Cruise with CCL and CCL's poor maintanece and inadequate spare parts prevented people from getting what they paid for.

Please do not tell me that I paid for the cruising experience.

Triumph 03
Destiny 04
Glory 05
Old March 11th, 2005, 08:58 PM
Don Smith

Mr. Mark Mitchell. it does not bother me that you opt to issue me private emails...it is bothersome that you profess not to on this very thread.

To all the others discussing this issue on this board... I will refrain from any future comments about this issue and will not waste my time reading these comments any longer. Have a nice life.
Old March 11th, 2005, 09:08 PM
Admiral

We have not deleted any "letter" or supposed "letter" from CCL. This is not how we do business. Read the TOS. The staff here including myself have expressed sympathy with your situation and agree that we would probably be upset as well. What we have not done is shy away from any of the facts which is what this and other borads here were designed for. I amazes me that because we have all not lined up behind your cause for the reasons we have stated you have attackled us and told us to leave the very boards we have created for your benifit! Understand, if we leave, you have no board. I wish you well, I really do but stop biting the hand that allows you to voice your opinoins.
Jim

Old March 11th, 2005, 09:31 PM
Secret Cruiser

Jim, when did you ever say you would "probably be upset as well"? Please post that.

Nobody told you to leave except for one nut. It is wrong to say, like you just did, that "we" told you to leave. Certainly misleading, if not outright ly***. How does one person become a general "you"?

All WE want is a fair rebate for a Caribbean cruise we didn't get. I did a little research, and it is not exactly true to say that Carnival can do whatever they want because of the contract. Only a judge can rule if this "caribbean" cruise was truly a caribbean cruise, since the people in here sure cant agree.
Old March 11th, 2005, 09:36 PM
Donna T

CCL seemed to "bend" the contract for Ecstacy cruisers...............
Old March 11th, 2005, 10:43 PM
Passenger

This is not the first time that you have denied that a post has been deleted. ( Remmber last week when the names and numbers of CCL's CEO and Chairman were deleted.) I printed out your classic response and will repeat it if you would like. I don't know who and I I don't care who deleted the letter from CCL.. I know what I read. Stop being so arrogant and just manage the board please.
Old March 11th, 2005, 11:04 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

I don't know where you were looking.. but obviously the wrong thread.
http://www.cruise-forums.com/forums/...04660&t=104660

I posted this earlier with a link to the letter you keep saying was deleted. It WASN'T!!

Rhanting instead of reading seems to be more fun.

- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old March 12th, 2005, 04:21 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter

I just want to express my opinion on a few things.

First of all, I really do sympathize with all of you who spent a large amount of money and did not get the vacation you were expecting. It is like my wedding, where the minister's microphone didn't work. We spent a lot of money, had expectations of perfection, and we were very disappointed. Unfortunately, you can't go back in time and change what happened.

I have not bad-mouthed the place that did that to me, or ranted & raved. I told them how I felt and they replied. I was not happy with the reply, but I certainly didn't look for a public forum where I could throw a temper tantrum in order to try to cajole the company into giving me my money back.

And the reason why is because life IS too short, and all you are doing is making yourself insane with rage and disenfranchising anyone who might be in a position to actually help you.

If you were courteous, and thought things through, you would probably do better.

First of all, had I been on that ship the first thing I would have said is "enjoy it as much as you can, make the best of it. The cruise line is not responsible for delivering specific ports, so just accept that and have fun." There is plenty to do is Nassau, and the food, cabins and shows were the same.

Another thing is this, you CAN go on a Carnival cruise for as little as $450/week. You CAN take advantage of that onboard credit without saving for a lifetime because there are other options out there. I have been in lower inside cabins and had a great cruise.

Also, I would bide my time. Right now ships are sailing full, but keep your records and sometime in the future they may not be so full, then go to a travel agent and tell them what happened and see if they can call in a favor from Carnival for a great upgrade or something.

The point is - you are asking for immediate satisfaction and getting upset that you are not getting it. That isn't how life works. Try being nicer about it and maybe someone who really CAN help you will see your plight, and how a truly nice person like you was "wronged" and do the right thing by you.

No one is going to help out a nasty sourpuss. People help people because it gives them the warm & fuzzies, not because they had egg thrown in their face.

Old March 12th, 2005, 07:45 AM
Familiar Face

<<Mr. Mark Mitchell. it does not bother me that you opt to issue me private emails...it is bothersome that you profess not to on this very thread>>

Gee, looks like we have also been added to Mr. Mitchells email list as well..........

"Mark Mitchell wrote....."
"We havenot called your houses to complain or e-mailed you."

Why yes, you DID email us as a matter of FACT.

I suggest that you spend less time complaining here and emailing those of us that cannot help you in any way.

As Paul said......"No one is going to help out a nasty sourpuss."

Emailing other posters here and telling them to "butt out" is not helping your cause in the least.

Old March 12th, 2005, 08:41 AM
Passenger

Some information that Glory passengers might be interested in. Lets hope this is not deleted so that thopse who need it may benefit.

Author: Ran (---.83.59.246.nw.nuvox.net)
Date: 03-11-05 18:11

IMPORTANT NOTICE
ECSTASY MARCH 12, 2005 DEPARTURE

March 11, 2005
Dear Carnival Guest,

We want to provide you with information about the status of tomorrow’s sailing. We have been experiencing problems with the ship’s propulsion system. We have brought special technicians aboard to assist our onboard technical team in making the required repairs. Please understand that this problem is only impacting the ship’s cruising speed and all other systems and hotel services are operating normally.

Since we have not yet completed the repair, we think it is unlikely that the ship will be able to operate its scheduled itinerary. However, should the problem be fixed in time, and the ship be able to operate at normal cruising speeds, we will proceed to Cozumel and Calica as originally planned.

Should we be unable to provide the normal itinerary and require a modified itinerary to include one Mexican port of call (Progreso, Calica or Cozumel) we will provide the following compensation:

1. 25% refund of the cruise fare paid for this cruise. We will process this refund within two weeks.
2. 25% discount on a future 3 to 8 day Carnival cruise. This discount will be available on departures through December 15, 2006 (Christmas and New Years cruises are excluded). Please understand that this offer is non-transferable.

Should we be unable to reach a port of call on this sailing, we will provide the following compensation:

1. 50% refund of the cruise fare paid for this cruise. We will process this refund within two weeks.
2. 25% discount on a future 3 to 8 day Carnival cruise. This discount will be available on departures through December 15, 2006 (Christmas and New Years cruises are excluded). Please understand that this offer is non-transferable.

To take advantage of this offer of the future cruise discount, you should make your reservations in the normal manner. After the booking is made, please contact our Reservation Administration - Research Department and they will adjust the booking to reflect the special discount.

Should you elect to cancel, you may receive a full refund or future cruise credit.

We sincerely apologize for the possible itinerary change that may be required for this cruise. Rest assured that we will do everything possible to provide you with a great cruise experience.

Sincerely,

Vicky L. Freed, CTC
Senior Vice President - Sales and Marketing
Old March 12th, 2005, 10:55 AM
Jeff's Dad!

I can understand the frustration that my son had on the Glory cruise as he and his sailing friends were not informed of the situation completely during the entire cruise. It's one thing on the Ecstacy cruise that they were told prior to the cruise and they could make their own decision, but on the Glory cruise they did not have that choice. The reason they booked Glory for their cruise was the Eastern Carribian ports, not to float off Florida for their cruise. Those that didn't go on their cruise don't have the right to object to their frustration and their need to be compensated for a cruise that didn't go to the Eastern Carribian as was expected and payed for.
Old March 12th, 2005, 12:04 PM
CAROL & DUANE MILLER

Default Re: Re: publicity for Carnival Glory cruise 2/19-2/26

I am a little confused by the mentioning of a $150.00 credit. All we were aware of is the one we received while on the ship of $100.00. Did we miss something!
Old March 12th, 2005, 05:55 PM
Passenger

Supposedly some people are getting a $150 credit per person to be used on their next cruise. I wrote letters and I have complained and so far I got nothing, so who knows!
Old March 12th, 2005, 06:29 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Check with your Travel Agent. They should have received the new offer of the $150 future shipboard credit.

- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old March 12th, 2005, 10:26 PM
Admiral

Wanna know what the next " jump up and down--shout and flap your lips " tantrum is going to be about ? They will be fighting with each other saying " I only got $ 100.00---- he got this, she got that, I heard so & so got this " , etc.
Wait and see.
Old March 12th, 2005, 10:31 PM
Ciaran

Hey Jeff's Dad, Im 18 and was not on this cruise, but I'm in you court 100%. Dont' let the ppl spitting on you tell you that just because of the contract Carnival is not responsible. The contract doesnt give them the right to do anything (no food, no cruise, no light, no heat, etc). They got a nice cruise, just not a nice Carib cruise. And that they DEF deserve comp. I said before I think 50% is fair. I'm so waiting for this to go to court.