Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 10th, 2005, 08:20 PM
Houstonathome

Default Carnival Victory vs Caribbean Princess

We are scheduled on the Victory 7 day Eastern Carib Nov. 13.

I just received a quote from Cruisecompete for almost identical pricing (great pricing to begin with) for the same trip on the Caribbean Princess.

We have never cruised Princess.

Any thoughts?
Sponsored Links
Old March 10th, 2005, 08:40 PM
borntocruisejp

Default Re: Carnival Victory vs Caribbean Princess

Houstonathome, I haven't personally traveled the Princess Lines. I have friends that have cruised with Carnival, RCCI & Princess, they say Princess & RCCI are more alike. But like I said on the other thread, you must make your own decisions. You can have a great vacation if you go with a positive attitude & an open mind. Carnival usually has a larger variety of ports & you can usually get a less expensive rate. But we still prefer RCCI.

JP
Old March 10th, 2005, 08:47 PM
houstonathome

Default Re: Re: Carnival Victory vs Caribbean Princess

...so Princess and RCCI are alike and Carnival is a bit wilder, more kids, etc?

Funny, as I was typing this a Carnival add was on TV (I'm waiting for The Apprentice to start) .

Old March 10th, 2005, 11:26 PM
borntocruisejp

I wouldn't say more kids, we have yet to be bothered by children on any cruise. Just a different a type of people than we are accustomed to. And here again I mean no disrespect to anyone. You must decide for yourself after taking trips on different lines, which will be best for ME?
Old March 11th, 2005, 07:28 AM
bobj12

caribbean princess wins hands down
Old March 11th, 2005, 07:54 AM
Admiral

its really not fair to compare the two. It would be like comparing apples to oranges, both are unique and special in their own ways. Look at the ports of call, look at the ships see what they have to offer. One huge plus for me is that Princess pools are FRESHWATER not salt and they are open 24/7 as are the hot tubs.
Princess offers Anytime Dining.
The Caribbean Princess has Movies Under the Stars which is kind of cool. Its like going to a drive-in. You reserve a lounge chair up on deck, you get a blanket, popcorn, their are waiters all around to take drink orders and you see 1st run movies.
Carnival is bit more glitzy, showy than Princess
Carnival is a bit more casual than Princess, not that Princess is stuffy or snooty- Princess is casual-elegant like a resort hotel
Carnival attracts more families with infants
Carnival has Las Vegas type production shows that are very good
SInce you said that the prices are very close, i would look at the ports of call. My personal preference would be toward the Caribbean Princess, i have sailed on both lines and Princess suits my personal tastes and likes better than Carnival
Old March 21st, 2005, 09:35 AM
KG53

Princess...no doubt
Old March 25th, 2005, 08:02 AM
JUGL11

Princess vs. Carnival? Princess, of course!
Old March 25th, 2005, 04:05 PM
Admiral

I have only been on 2 W.Caribb. cruises. Sea Princess(Jan./01) and Carnival Valor(Jan./05). Both the same in my opinion for food, lodging,service and I did not notice any differences in clientele either!!