Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 15th, 2005, 06:48 AM
Familiar Face

Default Re: Glory Class Action Suit

Once again, we are guests here and must play by the rules, no matter if we think they are right or wrong.

At no other site would the staff tolerate so much abuse.

If they decide to delete most posts now for any little thing I don't blame them.
You can thank those few that kept pushing them into this position.

There are always other playgrounds...............

Again, hats off to the crew here.
Old March 15th, 2005, 07:14 AM
Yeoman

Can we get back to the Glory problem??
Old March 15th, 2005, 12:21 PM
oncezenuf

This is an absolute riot,utterly fantastic,what a hoot......... The people who were not on the cruise are hotter under the collar than the ones who trolled around the coast of Florida. This is better than watching a sitcom.
Old March 15th, 2005, 12:23 PM
oncezenuf

.......its also funny how some people think they are on a real ship
Old March 15th, 2005, 01:53 PM
familcruiser

onze,

Are you saying the glory isn't a real ship????????????
Old March 15th, 2005, 02:39 PM
Wes

Here is my post again:
FACT: I came to this website to find other cruisers who had experienced my problem. on Glory..
FACT: I never posted the first week to ten days because I was looking for information
FACT: Over that ten days I observed numerous people including one who works for this website minimizing complaints, calling us exagerators and rumor mongers...
FACT: I only posted when I saw my fellow cruisers get abused for expressing what they experienced (how can anyone have a legitimate reason to question somebody who was there when they weren't)
FACT: The same story is being repeated by EVERYONE... there is almost no discrepency in everyone's account
FACT: Carnival realized the propulsion system was not working before we tied up in Nassau ( as we had no opportunity to propel during the day since we were tied up at dock)
FACT: Carnival told us there was an itenerary change and nobody should come to the pursers desk
FACT: I called the pursers desk and was told that the vacation guarantee would not be honored
FACT: About two dozen people who did not follow direction showed up at the pursers desk seeking to use vacation guarantee
FACT: Those two dozen people were allowed to get off the boat and received a partial refund.
FACT: Carnival gave everyone a $100 credit on their Sign and Sail Cards
FACT: We were not given the option of not accepting this compensation
FACT: This compensation was non-refundable
FACT: We were stuck on a sandbar outside Key West Because our ship did not have enogh propulsion to dislodge itself
FACT: Carlo (CD) came on the intercom and said we were not allowed to pull up to the pier in Key West until immigration had cleared all foreigners
FACT: I have been on about 25 cruises and we never have had to clear immigration before we were allowed to tie up
FACT: Carlo MISLEAD everyone into thinking the REASON for the delay was because some poor foreign passenger had not cleared customs when in fact we were delayed because we were sitting in the harbor like a beached whale!!!!
FACT: The lights went out on the ship for about three minutes at midnight on Wednesday (standing in the atrium in the complete dark)
FACT: The ship vibrated violently causing light fixtures to fall before we arrived in Nassau.
FACT: People were pleasnt to the crew but did express their displeasure with the information desk (refusal to give people reference numbers)
FACT: The Carnival Customer Relation agent said we COULD have left the ship.
FACT: Carnival Relations agent said 500 people left the ship permanently in Freeport and Key West and they "have the records to prove it"
FACT: A Carnival rep was quoted in Florida Today as stating 25 people had left the ship (which is it guys???)
FACT: Agent said that the fact that I "accepted" compensation released Carnival from further obligation...
FACT: Carnival has still not offered the $150 sign and sail credit to all passengers
FACT: Carnival called me on Thursday (two days before sailing) because I am on alist for last minute Eastern Caribbean cruises...thats the ONLY reason I went on this trip
FACT: I signed up for a a Carribean Cruise and that is what I expect to get... I understand that ports can be changed, but they need to be comparable...if not just let me take the guarantee and I'll come back next week
FACT: They have a gurantee that they let some passengers use but not others (it does not matter that they did not HAVE to do so the fact that that they DID do so selectively needs to be addressed
FACT: Carnival still maintains that evryone was given the opportunity to take advantage of the Vacation Guarantee on board....
I hope this does not get deleted again!!!!!!!!
Old March 15th, 2005, 02:48 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Wes...Should be safe this time. The posts in front of it all look acceptable too <G>

Old March 15th, 2005, 03:00 PM
oncezenuf

Thank you Wes.... hang on...the people who werent on the ship should start bashing you any minute.
Old March 15th, 2005, 03:34 PM
chilled in NE

Thanks Wes. I was also on the Cruise and remember it as you do. I have also been reading and will agree in all of your comments.
Old March 15th, 2005, 05:11 PM
Passenger

Send a message via MSN to Christina S

To all the people on the Glory, I am sorry about your the problems you had. But to should be happy you are home safe. Think about all the people that planned a nice vacation to get away and never made it back to there loved ones, because of the Tsunami. Now that is something to be upset about all the lives lost and the people that will never be found for there familys to say good by. The kids that will never grow up and have family of there own.
You want to go thru something bad, go tell a family there little girl did not make it thru surgery and then one year later there son need the same surgery and sitting with the family waiting to see what happen.
I know you plan a trip for a year or more and some spend a lot of money, but can you put a prcie on your lived ones life's.
You are all safe and should be thankfully for that. Think of the family that will never be a family again and will never have family trip's again.
Old March 15th, 2005, 05:14 PM
Admiral

Your post this time Wes left off the part that caused it to be deleted so this time it stays. Lori C, I am not nit-picking but I am now going to enforce the TOS to the letter as deleted any that have a violation in them.
Jim

Old March 15th, 2005, 05:18 PM
First Mate

Send a message via AIM to MrPete

Yup. I noticed that last FACT was missing too.
Old March 15th, 2005, 05:20 PM
Ray Stoney

Wes,

Thanks for the facts.

I had contacted CCL early on, and received a letter back from them that "no further compensation will be offered". Yet, it makes my heart flutter that they do "empathize with any disappointment you experienced" after all. They really do care. Yea right.

Who said we should expect a $150 credit? Has anyone actually received a letter to that effect?

I've posted before and I'll say it again, that it so unfortunate that the CCL corporation didn't do better. I will not tell anyone not to cruise on this ship. (Doing business with CCL is another matter). The ship, the crew (excluding the purser's desk!), the food, the entertainment were very good. Stuff happens. Yet for some reason, CCL doesn't understand that passengers have an expectation to reach their destinations. There was no hurricane or storm beyond their control. CCL was responsible for the mechanical trouble, and they just won't own up to it. Nor, in my opinion, did they notify passengers there was a problem until it was really to late. They just don't understand that $100/per was insulting compensation for not getting an "eastern caribbean cruise". There was a corporate business decision made here that I find fault with.

An observation: I am really surprised that this topic has taken such a life of its own and just won't quit. I thought it would have died by now. When I wrote to them, I calmly brought up the PR and goodwill regarding how they respond to this. CCL should take notice. At some point, this has got to hurt.

Cheers fellow posters! Keep the topic alive, don't blame Jim and Kuki (I think they've been fair regarding the TOS), and don't let this ruin your lives. To the posters who were not on board this cruise, please do not bash the posters who were. The disappointment is real and justified.
Old March 15th, 2005, 06:00 PM
Admiral

Well, you are correct in that if you keep talking to CCL they might actually provide you more than originally asked. I emphisis talk to them as you know how most people react to someone yelling, demanding, and threating them as they usually turn a deaf ear to those people. If handled like adults I think they will accomodate those as I have seen it happen in the past. I have also seen them get pretty firm when approached with a heavy hand as I have seen other lines. One guy got mad because they were going to be charged a government fine by allowing his wife to depart the ship before it went to a 'distant port' as is required by the PSA. He got nasty and abusive with RCI and guess what they did. They tossed him and his wife both off in that port and charged him for both. <G> What I am saying is that beating your head against the wall will only give you a headache but talking and discussing something like an adult usually, not always mind you, but often gives you results that you can live with.
Jim

Old March 15th, 2005, 06:45 PM
sno

Default Re: Re: Glory Class Action Suit

thank you wes for your statement as i took my family on this cruise and everything that you said is all true.
we call carnival each we and e-mail them, and they realy don't care as they maid all there money and then some
Old March 15th, 2005, 07:13 PM
wes

***edited****

Anyways, this topic will not go away until the folks at Carnival admit that they did not handle this in a professional manner: Let me give you two further examples of unprofessionalism expressed to me directly on the ship (both were by the same person...a little chubby fe,ale Eastern European purser whos name begins with "B"...those of you on the ship know exactly who I'm talking about!!!!)

Example 1- When our itenerary was changed to Key West I noticed that in the Carnival Capers (Holy Bible of the Cruise) that it did not mention what time we needed to be back on the boat or when the boat was sailing... so I walked down to the pursers desk and asked when we needed to be back on ship....Female Chubby Eastern European purser said "Don't you have ears? they announced it over the intercom yesterday"

Example 2- On Friday afternoon after we picked up engine parts (you know its a bad cruise when you hear " we have to stop in Miami for parts") and the ship startred to move agiain at a quicker pace, I asked the same purser "are the engines completely repaired?" she replied "we're moving aren't we?"

When you take into context the disappointment of not getting what you paid for along with the ***edited** attitude by the pursers desk onboard, I think you should be able to understand our expectation of just having someone in customer relations say "you know what? we're sorry...you should have been kept informed and treated in a professional manner" Instead we get lies like you COULD have taken the Vacation Guarantee ...when we were denied it when we asked to take it...

Also one more thing the vast majority odf cruisers on the Glory made the best of their week (a couple of exceptions) and decided to just not worry about it until we got home...the fact that the deception and lying has continued from the corporate office in unacceptable...you could argue that the crew on the ship was caught off guard and wasn't prepared to handle sharing information, but customer relations excuse???
Just so all will be informed
Old March 15th, 2005, 07:54 PM
Mark Mitchell

I'm baaack........Wes ,you are correct ,everything is true. oh yeh, if anyone wants to tell me how I should have read the contract just email me directly and dont clutter this thread. It seems to have turned civil.I would love to hear from a CCL representitive that might be off duty now.They dont call,write or e-mail me back.
Old March 15th, 2005, 07:54 PM
Admiral

So what you are saying Wes is that you are going to keep complaining on our website which is in no way associated with CCL until they relent to your demands? Come on, does that make sense? Would that no be like saying I'm mad at paying the IRS income taxes so I am going to protest inside the local Wal-Mart until they stop it? Take your complaint to Carnival my friend, they are the ones that can satisfy you, not Cruisemates.
Jim

Old March 15th, 2005, 08:04 PM
oneznuf

yeh wes, talk about interesting stuff like gold by the inch and how to get a deal in the spa.......................not!!!..........keep it up
Old March 15th, 2005, 08:23 PM
wes

I thought this Board was for Glory passengers to come and talk about our experience...did I miss something??? I did not realize this board was for "positive" experiences only... does anybody else agree with me??? i don't remember mentioning Cruisemates.com in my post or expecting you guys to do anything... so if this thread is not for me to communicate with other passengers about the facts of our cruise and organize...then whats it for???
Old March 15th, 2005, 08:26 PM
Mark Mitchell

I agree Wes,I was there for the dissappoitment too.
Old March 15th, 2005, 08:34 PM
wes

I hate to give you guys too much credit Jim, but if it weren't for this board many of my fellow passengers would never have known about the extra $150...so if its ok with you we will continue to organize and communicate here...afterall isn't that what its for????
Old March 15th, 2005, 08:36 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Glory Class Action Suit

so if this thread is not for me to communicate with other passengers about the facts of our cruise and organize...then whats it for???

It's for the same thing ALL the message boards are for... communication and discussion.

You want to vent, fine. But STOP attacking people who post their opinions, even if you don't like them. You can disagree with their opinions, but DO NOT try and put them down personally!!!!

You post reasonably, then you insist on putting in a line or two that show no thought, or reason.

Stick with REASON!

Old March 15th, 2005, 08:59 PM
wes

personal attacks??? I said it must be NICE to be around with someone who felt they did not have a right to be disappointed!!! C'mon!!! Its ok for people to tell us "at least you didn't die" and we can only respond "gee, I didn't think about that"...or else we get deleted...that doesn't sound like open dialouge to me
Old March 15th, 2005, 09:01 PM
Wes

by the way...I am a third year law student I know what REASON is...
Old March 15th, 2005, 09:13 PM
Admiral

C'mon!!! Its ok for people to tell us "at least you didn't die" and we can only respond "gee, I didn't think about that"...or else we get deleted...that doesn't sound like open dialouge to me
She directed her comments "in general"....She didn't direct them at YOU!

Never said you had to agree. Just don't make it personal!

Not a hard concept to grasp I wouldn't think.

As for being a 3rd year law school student.... I have 30 years of being succssful in the hospitality industry ,owning my own hotels, bars and restaurants.... still doesn't mean I'm always right <G>

Old March 15th, 2005, 09:36 PM
Admiral

Again with the attacks on us! It WILL stop. You can discuss anything but follow the TOS and understand that we do not have to give you a reason even though we do and bend over backwards to help you and allow you to speak freely! You violate the TOS I will delete your post and if you continue to violate it you will be barred from posting to this website. That is the rule for everyone no matter who they are or how long they have been here or how recent they arrived here. As for the $150, I hope that is true but it seems that many people who were on that cruise have not been able to find out anything about it. Unless it comes from their TA or they see it directly from CCL or 'we' post it as a report, then take it for what it's worth, just a 'reported' result. I would suggest that they work through thier TA or directly with CCL.
Jim

Old March 15th, 2005, 09:36 PM
Dale A.

Author: Kuki
Date: 03-14-05 21:02

So.. WES.. even if everything you and others have said IS true (though I personally think much is, and some is just rumors and hearsay)... What would you like the people on the CruiseMates web site do????

No one here can give you compensation.

What you need to do, to have a chance at any further compensation, is to deal with Carnival. Since you said you didn't book this with a TA, but Carnival's Vacation Planners, you're going to have to go after this yourself.

You have Jennifer De La Cruz's name, and you have Vickki Freed's name. One's the head of Carnival PR, the other the head of Guest Relations. Those seem like pretty good places to start.

But when you do, use reason. Start YELLING at them, and telling them you'll never cruise Carnival again, and you can be assured their human nature will kick in, and they'll shut you out.

Present a well reasoned letter, telling them what compensation would make you happy, and you might stand a chance!

Regards,
Kuki
Features Editor
CruiseMates

Kuki,
Thanks so much for your input, but guess what, I have written to the Carnival Pres., The CEO, Vicki Freed and Jennifer DeLaCruz was totally usless. All I have gotten and others in my group have gotten, is a standardized form letter, not even addressing the issues that any of us presented to them. Jennifer DeLaCruz, was contacted by
WIXT Channel 9(You can find this stations website, part of story is under "your Stories)
The reporter, Dan Cummings called Jennifer DeLaCruz. He talked to her before he ever interviewed me and after he interviewed me. She tried to tell Dan Cummings that the people who were allowed to use the vacation guarentee were special circumstances. When he asked her to be specific and what were those speical circumstances she told him she would have to get back to him. Well, he said the story was going to air that night ,March 4,and he could he have a reponse before it went on the air. Well guess what, she never got back to him about the :special circumstances." That same day, suddenly Carnival decided to "revise" their position and issue everyone $150n shipboard credit for our next cruise with Carnival.
So let me tell you, the names you mention are totally usuless and they ignore what is being asked. Bob Dickinson passes his correspondence to "spcial assistents to send out and sign "standardized Glory form letters." Trust me, I have two of these letters,
one from a Shelly Pollard and another from someone with the last name of Mintzer.
None of them address the issues, specially about Jennifer DeLaCruz and her press release saying we were given an option.
So the last name I have for everyone that was on the sailing of Feb. 19-26

Charlie Crist -Attorney General
State of Florida
The Capitol PL-01
Tallahassee, Fl 32399-1050

Carnival is totally ignoring questions posed to them. Who else has the form letters from Carnival? It is probably identical to mine, except they put my name and address on it.
Old March 15th, 2005, 09:43 PM
Dale A

Hey, anyone know how to contact John Stossel and 20/20, this is a great story for
"Give Me a Break" specially with Carnival's $150 shipboard credit for our next cruise? How funny can these people be?
How many people on the Glory Feb. 19-26 are actually going to take Carnival up on this one? Who is going to spend over $2000, plus airfare, to take them up on this offer.
Old March 15th, 2005, 10:03 PM
wes

Because I saw somebody got $150 on this board, I called Carnival back and now I hold in my hand (crinkle, crinkle) a letter stating I have a $150 credit... ican't believe someone would minimize the effectiveness of theur own board