Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 15th, 2005, 09:29 PM
Lenny and Christina

Default Re: Glory Class Action Suit

Wes like I said in mt early posting at least you did'nt die was not pointed at you. I am trying to tell you, you should be thankfully taht you made it back to your home. If you want to be mad about something, go to your loset Children's Hospital and yalk to a kid that has cancer and see what the say. I have been on Carnival many times and had problems but after have to tell a family that there 5 yeard old daughter pass away during surgery makes that kind of problem small. To sit there with them when they are saying good bye so the funeral home can take her, that is something to get upset about.
Yes you want everything to go right when you are on vacation , but is life far? Is life perfect? No it is not , maybe it life was perfect we would all be living in Perfect USA.
You want to fight for some thing and bring a company down well there are a lot of people that will still cruise Carnival because they know things happen and to me use to be away for the hospitl for a week means a weeks, I don't have to see a funeral home come to take a loved one away.Death is final, it is something you can't fight. That is way you should be thankfully because you are still here and a lot of kids are not.
One question for you Wes do you have kids?
Old March 15th, 2005, 09:34 PM
wes

no...but my wife has me!!!
Old March 15th, 2005, 09:39 PM
Lenny and Christina

I will be nice and say good night and best of luck to you and maybe one day you will understand where I am coming from.

Good night Wes
Old March 15th, 2005, 10:44 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via MSN to Storm'n Norman

Wes (and others on this Glory cruise).......

As you know I was on board this cruise supposedly celebrating my 30th Carnival cruise.
Remember the Hats and Bubbles..............!!!!

I have repeated your "FACTS" and have posted my agreement or otherwise to your posts. I also have remained very silent on this issue as I currently have a letter in Carnival addressing this 'problem' cruise as well as a few other 'personal' issues which made this cruise overall very disappointing.

FACT: I came to this website to find other cruisers who had experienced my problem. on Glory.......AGREED
FACT: I never posted the first week to ten days because I was looking for information.......AGREED (even longer)
FACT: Over that ten days I observed numerous people including one who works for this website minimizing complaints, calling us exagerators and rumor mongers...AGREED
FACT: I only posted when I saw my fellow cruisers get abused for expressing what they experienced (how can anyone have a legitimate reason to question somebody who was there when they weren't).......AGREED
FACT: The same story is being repeated by EVERYONE... there is almost no discrepency in everyone's account.......AGREED
FACT: Carnival realized the propulsion system was not working before we tied up in Nassau ( as we had no opportunity to propel during the day since we were tied up at dock)........AGREED (and verified by Captain Salvatore Rassello to me personally).
FACT: Carnival told us there was an itenerary change and nobody should come to the pursers desk.........AGREED
FACT: I called the pursers desk and was told that the vacation guarantee would not be honored........AGREED (there was a lot of mis-information circulating the ship - especially through the Purser's Desk)
FACT: About two dozen people who did not follow direction showed up at the pursers desk seeking to use vacation guarantee........AGREED (in fact 25 used the guarantee in Nassau and a further 27 in Freeport the next day - due to flight restrictions - again verified personally by the Captain to me).
FACT: Those two dozen people were allowed to get off the boat and received a partial refund.............AGREED (in Nassau)!
FACT: Carnival gave everyone a $100 credit on their Sign and Sail Cards.......AGREED
FACT: We were not given the option of not accepting this compensation......AGREED
FACT: This compensation was non-refundable.......AGREED (I had $2.34 left over )
FACT: We were stuck on a sandbar outside Key West Because our ship did not have enogh propulsion to dislodge itself........DISAGREE (Captain who is a personal friend said was not true)
FACT: Carlo (CD) came on the intercom and said we were not allowed to pull up to the pier in Key West until immigration had cleared all foreigners........AGREED
FACT: I have been on about 25 cruises and we never have had to clear immigration before we were allowed to tie up.......AGREED
FACT: Carlo MISLEAD everyone into thinking the REASON for the delay was because some poor foreign passenger had not cleared customs when in fact we were delayed because we were sitting in the harbor like a beached whale!!!! DISAGREE (Captain's info provided on Second Formal night at 'special cocktail party for V.I.P. guests)
FACT: The lights went out on the ship for about three minutes at midnight on Wednesday (standing in the atrium in the complete dark)............AGREED (I was on net reporting problems on another website under the name Nassaucruiser and Propulsion)
FACT: The ship vibrated violently causing light fixtures to fall before we arrived in Nassau..........AGREED (4.00am awoken by shuddering in cabin.......reported to Purser's desk......."it's normal for a ship of this size").
FACT: People were pleasant to the crew but did express their displeasure with the information desk (refusal to give people reference numbers)......AGREED
FACT: The Carnival Customer Relation agent said we COULD have left the ship.....NO COMMENT
FACT: Carnival Relations agent said 500 people left the ship permanently in Freeport and Key West and they "have the records to prove it"........RUBBISH (see above)!
FACT: A Carnival rep was quoted in Florida Today as stating 25 people had left the ship (which is it guys???)........DISAGREE (see above)
FACT: Agent said that the fact that I "accepted" compensation released Carnival from further obligation...AGREED
FACT: Carnival has still not offered the $150 sign and sail credit to all passengers....AGREED
FACT: Carnival called me on Thursday (two days before sailing) because I am on alist for last minute Eastern Caribbean cruises...thats the ONLY reason I went on this trip......NO COMMENT except to say I chose this itinerary as I usually do the Eastern and flew 10,000 miles and 24 hours to join ship (and spent approx. $10,000.00) !!!
FACT: I signed up for a a Carribean Cruise and that is what I expect to get... I understand that ports can be changed, but they need to be comparable...if not just let me take the guarantee and I'll come back next week.......AGREED but not an option for me (see above)!
FACT: They have a gurantee that they let some passengers use but not others (it does not matter that they did not HAVE to do so the fact that that they DID do so selectively needs to be addressed......AGREED (it was NOT offered to everyone - only those who 'forced' the issue at the Purser's desk).
FACT: Carnival still maintains that evryone was given the opportunity to take advantage of the Vacation Guarantee on board....RUBBISH!

Finally, I would just add that in ALL my 42 cruises (30 with CCL)..........I have never had a situation like this. I have had 'weather' related changes but never mechanical! Maybe I have been lucky.

Overall, disappoiinting is the word I would use to describe this cruise. Although we had a problem, I understood that Carnival had to modify the itinerary to protect the safety of the crew, passengers and ship. BUT ·fellow guests had more of an impact on my cruise experience than I could ever imagine. It is so difficult to smile and laugh when you are surrounded with hostile sometimes, hateful people. It was ugly and it was contagious.

I did not mind the change in itinerary as much as I was offended by the cavalier attitude of Carnival Cruise Lines (I expected no less than a letter of apology and a discount towards a future cruise whilst we were on board the ship).

Instead of declaring, “$100 ship credit for each passenger, enjoy!.......AND we are looking into some form of compensation”......... The whole delivery came across as insensitive and arrogant. Plus not all cabins are of equal value. I paid top dollar for my cabin (as well as flew 10,000 miles to join the ship). To give me the same credit as someone who paid significantly less does not seem fair.

·My MAIN issue on this cruise was with the communication, or should I say lack of communication from the cruise staff. The night before we arrived in Key West, at midnight, I was with Carlo (Cruise Director) - we have cruised together a number of times and he confirmed that boarding time in Key West was 5.30pm for a 6.00pm departure. Even in Key West we got different answers about when we needed to be back on board. No time was listed in the Capers. Purser’s desk confirmed 6.00pm but there was an announcement in the morning (I never heard it as we were in immigration collecting our passports) that the new time was 5.00pm. Someone kept getting his or her signals crossed. I almost missed the ship and was one of the last to re-board at 5.15pm. I was furious and VERY upset!

On the last 2 days at sea, we often just stood still and idled. They were repairing the propulsion unit and required an ALL engine stop! I do not like to be still. I like the rocking of the ship! I want to be on the move. The seas were VERY calm. If I wanted a stationary vacation I could have gone to a resort and stayed there. When I called the Pursers desk as to why were stopped, I received the reply, "everything is fine, we are still sailing!"

So we will see what eventuates.........but as far as a 'Class Action' - you are ALL wasting your time (I am a former Attorney). Carnival will defend and tie up 'any and all' actions for years to come........

It's been an interesting ride.........I've booked my next cruise on the Caribbean Princess (Eastern Caribbean) on September 17th and may even 'sneak' another cruise on the Carnival Valor sometime before (my best buddy Ed Rrocks is playing in the piano bar till August '05)!

Catch ya later..........from Down-under!!!!
Old March 15th, 2005, 10:57 PM
Wes

Hey stormin... a couple of questions:
When you say "Rubbish" you are replying to Carnivals assertions not my claims of what Carnival said to me, right?
Second did the captain say why we were on the sandbar and why we did not dock in keywest until almost 11? according to Carlo we should have been docked at about 8:30... thanks for backing me up (especially on my earlier post about what time we were expected on the ship in Key West)
Old March 15th, 2005, 11:22 PM
Cruise Maniac

Wes,

Q.When you say "Rubbish" you are replying to Carnivals assertions not my claims of what Carnival said to me, right?

A. YES SIR! Apologies for any confusion.

Q.Second did the captain say why we were on the sandbar and why we did not dock in keywest until almost 11?

A. He explained that there was tons of sand being churned up - due to the fact the area we docked at is not normal to receive ships of this size. Also the Port Authority changed their minds about having the Glory in Port of Key West for the 'supposed' time - 9.00am till 6.00pm.

Even I almost 'missed' the ship! Can you imagine Storm'n Norman "missing" a ship! There would have been "hell to pay".........

That's all I know...........feel free to e-mail me direct if you wish!
Old March 16th, 2005, 06:48 AM
Dale A

Default Re: Re: Glory Class Action Suit

Norman glad to see you on this board! You stated everything in a nutshell at the frustration of this trip. I did get to meet you one day on the lido deck in one of your crazy hats.
Norman, if we were not stuck on a sandbar in Key West, what the heck was it? I was in the main dining room and everything was jumping (dishes) on the tables, the wait staff stopped in their tracks, and you could heard tray of dishes crashing to floor.

Wes I can understand your frustration I can feel it in your messages. People that were not on this trip cannot understand. It was a strange atmosphere and very hard to describe if you were not there. I have cruised before and never anything like this. It was weird from our departure from Carnaveral.

Utilize the Attorny General of Florida, use your own in your own state. This trip needs to be investigated. Something was really amiss . Just state the facts when you write to the AG.
Old March 16th, 2005, 07:39 AM
sno

If the ship wasn't stuck on a sandbar, or even in too shallow waters, then, answer this one, why would the United States Coast Guard be flying around us, while Port Authority had a tug boat pushing out the ship? This is when all the dishes were shaking in the dining room, and light fixtures were rattling in their sockets on deck. Also, why would there be a dredger just before departure, and again, the violent shaking? I too, not only paid top dollar for my state room, but also paid for a second stateroom for my two teenagers, and this was not the cruise we booked. While we were angry at the many things that went wrong, and many did, my family and I were still very kind and congenial to the staff. We did remove our tips from the sail/sign card acct, but paid out very generous tips to those who took good care of us and our kids. All I ask Carnival is, is a reimbursement for 3 days. We had a 4 day package for the price of a 7. If I wanted to go to Key West, Id go to my mother's home, as she lives in Florida.
Old March 16th, 2005, 11:57 AM
Mark Mitchell

Thank you Stormin Norman, your presence and testimony on this thread has lent a certain amout of credibility to what we have all been saying. It just took a well known cruiser to quiet the non-believers. ( We love the hats)
Old March 16th, 2005, 12:00 PM
Chilled in NE

Norman, thank you for your post. I think we will agree to disagree on the Sandbar, but that to me was just 1 example of many disappointments. During the "sandy event" we were in line to clear customs. My Son had heard we hit a sandbar and was scared. He did get over it in like 30 seconds. Where are you in Oz. I travel to Melbourne 2 or 3 times a year on business and I know the challenge of the LAX to Melbourne leg. Melboune and Sydney are beautiful cities. I think I saw you in the pursers line and again on the Lido deck. My family and I had a wonderful time on the ship but were very dissapointed with the change in itenerary. We choose to enjoy the cruise and then hammer CCL after. This was our third CCL cruise each one being a little worse that the last.
We did cut our gratuity to the housekeepers as we were not impressed with the service. We did tip the waitstaff the full amount as I thought they were pretty good. What is a shame is that the people responsible for this (engineers, mechanics, management) should be the ones taking the hit. In this case it was houskeeping, the waitstaff and the passengers that got shafted.
Old March 16th, 2005, 12:44 PM
Passenger

Don't really know what exactly happen on this cruise, but we were on a Carnvial Cruise 7 years ago. The boat caught fire befroe we left Miami, but we still were saling out to sea(supposely to get into international waters so the US could not interfere with the ship) To make a long story short, Us Coast Guard had to order the Captain of the ship to stop the boat(first time in 20 years that they had to do that) Anyway we had to fight for our next cruise, lost our air fare money, and had to stay in a hotel in Miami for three days with no chothes or suit cases(they were still on the boat) Finally we got back home, but like I said we had to fight for our next "free" cruise. They gave us a specail number to call and it was the run around from the begining. We had a summer cruise and they were trying to get us to book a fall cruise(not understaning that my husband only had 1 week of vacation and we had already used that for our July cruise that caught fire) We finally after many phone calls and complaints did get our cruise for the following July. Now ask me if I will ever go on a Carnival cruise again NO WAY!!!! We now go with RCC and plan a June cruise and are really looking forward to it!!! So Good Luck to all you cruisers with getting what you want, just keep trying. KMBB
Old March 16th, 2005, 04:18 PM
First Mate

Send a message via AIM to MrPete

That must have been the Ecstasy you were on. I remember seeing that live on the news. I was horrified watching those flames shoot out the back of the ship.

She was my favorite glitzy Fantasy class ship.

Past Cruises: Explorer of the Seas 2008 Explorer of the Seas 2007 Carnival Victory 2007 Explorer of the Seas 2006 Legend 2005 Miracle 2004 Disney Wonder 2004; Pride 2003 Legend 2002 Disney Wonder 2002 Destiny 2001 Victory 2000 Triumph 1999 Jubilee 1998 Imagination 1997 Imagination 1996 Fascination 1995 Ecstasy 1993 Fantasy 1990 Jubilee 1990 NCL Seaward 1989 Jubilee 1988
Old March 16th, 2005, 05:13 PM
Passenger

I just got my letter today from Carnival that they will offer the $150 pp onboard credit. I also got a letter from my travel agent that was a response to a series of questions that I asked her to ask CCL. "....Regarding the inquiries you made, Carnival has advised that they were not aware of the issues with the propulsion system prior to your sailing. With regard to the loss of power and shaking you experienced, Carnival stated that, regrettably, the electrical system is sometimes affected when the propulsion system is being worked on and that the motor involved in the repair can cause shaking. Carnival has further advised that they have no knowledge of the ship hitting a sandbar at Key West and are therefore unable to offer further explanation on that matter."

What do you think?
Old March 16th, 2005, 07:55 PM
Lenny and Christina

Familycruiser, I bet you have never lost a child have you. There are things worth fight for
and to a lot of familys that have lost children this is not one. I understand you are upset about you vaction and you want a fair deal from Carnival. But the way I see it there are family out there that have lost loves one on vaction do to the tsunami that would love to be in your sjoes because there loved ones would be home. What I am trying to get across to you and others would you want to be dead or have a bad time on your vaction
I am sure a lot of you only want to see things your way and on other way, well there is a lot more that can happen on vaction to make it bad. You say give you a break, I can tell you did'nt like what I had to say. Well like I said be there when a family says good bye to there 5 years old daughter because she did not make it thru her surgery. Tell a family of a 10 year boy that after 20 hours of surgery that it could still be 20 more before the Doctors are done. Ypu want peolpe to listen to you but you don't want to listen to what others say unless they are thinking the same way you do.
Old March 16th, 2005, 08:15 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Too be fair here.. I don't believe all the awful things that happen in the world and to people in the world are really in any way equivelant, or frankly relevant to this particular discussion.

We all have different levels of concern for our fellow man... and I have no doubt plenty of the passengers on this "gory glory sailing" gave donations to the victims of the Tsunami, and have likely all given to their favorite charitable agencies over the years.

The logic of.. it is better than being dead, or enduring unthinkable suffering is much to simplistic.

Following that thinking.. no one should ever take any vacation. They should just give it all to people in need. Sure there are people who are that good in the world... but those reading here obviously are not those saints... we all go on cruises for vacations, and we all spend money on ourselves buying all sorts of creature comforts.

I actually understand when people spend their hard earned money on any product, they want value for their $.

The way some people posting let their emotions control their posting.. and therefore their message, was disappointing. But I don't think any of them would ask that a child or family suffer so that they can get the compensation they think fair.

Who knows.. if some got refunds, maybe those refunds would go directly to a charitable agency to help some of those in the world who are suffering.

- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old March 16th, 2005, 08:19 PM
Carrie Tyrrell

I would like the name of the attorney handling the Glory Case. Thank you and hopefully we will be compenstated in some way other than the $150.00 shipboard credit.
Old March 16th, 2005, 08:54 PM
Cruise Maniac

Chilled in NE ..

I live in Melbourne, Australia and travel to the USA 4-6 times a year on business and pleasure (especially to cruise)! Glad you have been lucky enough to see some of my country and if you are ever around / coming to Melbourne, please e-mail me direct and I'd be happy to show you (or anyone else who happens to be in town) some Aussie hospitality............

***Personal attack deleted***
Old March 16th, 2005, 09:06 PM
Admiral

[i***personal attack quote deleted**[/i]

NOT TRUE! Everyone has the right to express their opinion here... even when we don't agree, as long as they do so within the terms of the User Agreement.

Rudeness is NOT welcome here!

Common now... folks so easily type.. but don't listen to their own words... stick to the topic.

Old March 16th, 2005, 09:10 PM
Cruise Maniac

[img]http://www.gameznet.com.au/australian/animated/aus.gif[img]

[img]http://www.gameznet.com.au/australian/animated/kangaroo.gif[img]
Old March 16th, 2005, 09:14 PM
Cruise Maniac

Apolgies for previous post............trying to add my Kangaroo and Skippy to my post!

Kuki..........Can you assist here?
Old March 16th, 2005, 09:23 PM
sno

As a nurse, I have to agree with you Norman. Shortly before this cruise, I thought I'd have to cancel as my father was ill and nearly bled to death in front of my poor mother. I was stuck up north due to a blizzard, and they live in Fl. Thankfully they're both fine, and in good health. That has nothing to do with the fact that we had some very dissapointing experiences on this Glory cruise. The topic here, is a cruise gone horribly wrong, not Asian tsunamis or the loss of children. While I sympathize with anyone losing a family member, being it a child or adult, this isn't the forum for that discussion. Just so you know too, I did inquire to those I observed to be from Indonesia, India, Sri Lanka, and other areas affected by the tsunami and offered my prayers to the many families affected by the tragedy. And yes, I have made many donations, both personally and through my job. Now, please allow us to get back to the subject of a bad cruise, and how we as passengers fighting with a multimillion dollar company can make it right.
Old March 16th, 2005, 09:33 PM
Dale A.

***Personal attack deleted**

I agree with this statement, not the time nor the place, stick to topic. To assume those of us talking about this cruise have no right too,or ever endured a significant loss is ridiculous. Been there done that, several times in my life, but I do believe that life is for living and if that means I was able to take a cruise with my daughter and have some mother/daughter time, then so be it.
Old March 16th, 2005, 09:49 PM
Ricky Sr

Not sure why some of you think the way you do! here is an experience that we (a group of 30 passengers) had on the Conquest in February of 2004. We were scheduled to sail from New Orleans on the Sunday before Mardi Gras. On Saturday a Cargo ship and a barge collided about 7 miles from the mouth of the Mississippi River. The coast guard shut all river traffic down, which meant that the Conquest could not get to New Orleans on the scheduled return date. On Sunday our scheduled sail date we were put on a bus to Gulfport Mississippi where we were to board the ship. It was mass confusion in New Orleans when everyone showed up to board the Conquest and it wasn't there. we finaly arrived at the pier in Gulfport at 10:00 PM Sunday night and was told the ship would not sail until 6:00 PM Monday evening. A letter was given to us Monday morning stating that we would be credited $40.00 per passenger for missing meals on Sunday, and $50.00 per passenger credit for our trip now being cut to a 6 dat cruise. We sailed on Monday evening and headed for Grand Cayman. When arriving at Grand Cayman we were told that the seas were to high for the tender boats to pick us up from the ship. The ship then turned and headed towards Cozumel. We then get another letter stating that since we had all the trouble in New Orleans, the cruise was cut to 6 days, and we missed 2 ports every passenger would receive a 25% discount for this cruise and a 50% discount on a future cruise within the next 22 months along with the credits from the first letter. That is somewhat similar to the offer I've seen for the other cruises that had problems. The way I see it is that CARNIVAL did the best they could under the situations and while a lot of you are still stewing over it my wife and I will be enjoying our 50% off cruise on the 10th of April. So I look at it as getting a 6 day cruise for about $1000.00 (25% discount) and now a 7 day cruise for less than $800.00 (50% discount). Add it all up and we're getting 13 days of cruising for $1800.00 per couple. Sounds like a sweet deal to me, because when I think of cruising I'm thinking of being on the Ship not necessarily in all the foreign ports. Hurray for Carnival! Ricky
Old March 16th, 2005, 09:51 PM
Unbelievable

It doesn't matter what side of the arguement...with the exception of the moderators (who are trying to keep thing in order here), you are some of the rudest, coldest, arrogant and greedy people I've ever "seen" online.

Gently informing someone they may be off topic is one thing. Being nasty to someone who has undergone a tragedy of some sort is another.

Lenny and Christina, thank you for your perspective on this matter.
Old March 16th, 2005, 10:12 PM
Admiral

Author: storm'n norman (dsl-202-45-113-110.VIC.netspace.net.au)
Date: 03-16-05 21:14

Apolgies for previous post............trying to add my Kangaroo and Skippy to my post!

Kuki..........Can you assist here?

Norman.. assuming you registered, on the bottom of any thread you should see
Forum List | View All Topics | Threaded View | Log Out | My Profile

Click on My Profile... then click on edit my profile, then drop the url for your gif in the appropriate box.

Welcome to the site!

Old March 16th, 2005, 11:04 PM
Admiral

Okay. let's get a bit of a grip people. If you do not like what is posted here, report the message by clicking on the report the message area. It is not up to you to determine who is or is not welcome here or what does or does not violate the TOS. As has been stated, we know and understand your had a much less than desirable cruise. That is between you and the cruiseline, not you and CM, not you and me, not you and others. Conversly others need not tell you that you have no right to be upset. It does not help and is not productive in any way. A personal loss is of course never the same but nobody said it was nor does it lessen their dissappointment. Tell you what, how about everybody just for giggles go and read the Terms of Service and understand them before you post again. They are pretty simple and next time you post, place yourself in the other persons shoes and see if you could have offended them. If the answer is yes then don't post it and either let it go or re-write it. Being polite and civil costs nothing and pays big rewards.
Jim

Old March 17th, 2005, 07:06 AM
Dale A.

To Ricky Sr. who got some good deals from Carnival for missed ports/late/etc , consider yourself lucky. Go back and read Stormin Normans 3 page message. The Glory passengers (basically to be nice) they tried to pull the wool over our eyes and they are trying to keep it there.
We did not get all the offers that Ricky Sr. got for his trips. And ya know what, iif Carnival had stepped up to the plate, the majority of people on that ship would have been happpy.
I cruised this ship for the itinerary, yes, mechanical problems happen, yes, those we could understand, the bottom liine is the treatment that was received from Carnival toward the passengers and many paying a pretty buck or two. Some people had to work two jobs in order to take their whole family. Many of us would have been happy with a percentage off our next cruise,that offer never came,
Stormin Norman says it all in a few pages and expianes it very well. He has 29 other Carnival Cruises to compare it to.
He is very fair in his comments. I hope someday to be able to sail on another cruise with him. He was one of the ones trying to keep spirits up and have fun. Not once did I hear anything negative from this man, the day I met him, about the cruise while on that cruise,. In fact some people were not quite sure if he worked for Carnival or not.
Sorry I did not get to talk to him more.
Old March 17th, 2005, 01:43 PM
Passenger

Send a message via MSN to Christina S

What I am tryu to say there are wosre thing in life then a bad crusie, I knowlosing someone so not like a bad cursie. I just to let you know that things could be worse. They way some people made it sound about the Glory was there was nothing worse. So my point is there are worse things in life then a bad crusie and be happy for what you have.
I know you want you vaction to be just right but let's face facts, does evertything always go the way we wnat it no and that is a part of life. I am sorry about your cruise but things could be worse.
I have been on several crusie and not everything has been perfect but it is all a part of life you have to take the good with the bad.
YOu can say what you want to about me, I don't care . I will stay with Carnival even if my ship had the same problem.
I hope you all get waht you want and a happy life to you all.
Old March 17th, 2005, 02:22 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter

Hi Folks...

Why is everyone so prickly here? Can we all please get gets our hackles down and stop getting offended at everything someone says? We are so off-topic now.

Losing a loved one is a HORRIBLE thing. I got an email a few weeks ago because someone has posted a link to a story (in another area) about someone who had died tragically. The person did not know the victim, but thought it was "interesting" the way the person had died. Well, some people who were actually close to the deceased in real life saw the message here, and it was very painful for them.

So, I am once again asking that people here stick to the topic, and stop JUDGING other people's feelings and telling them whether they are right or wrong to feel the way they do. You have limited ability to "put yourself in their shoes" and you never know how offensive something you say might be. Because of that, the safe thing to do is "stick to the topic" and judge people on the facts they present, and NOT on how you perceive their feelings be right or wrong.

Just as I have no right to speak for Carnival as to what is "just compensation" I also have no right to judge the people who feel short-changed because they spent a lot of money on this vacation that did not go where it was advertised to go.

I feel sorry for these people, but there is nothing we can do at CruiseMates to help them. As for posting the name of the class-action lawyer. That *IS* advertising. You see lawyers advertising on television for people to join class action lawsuits all the time..

"Have you taken Vioxx and had a heart attack?"
"Did you suffer an accident on the job and have not received your disability compensation?"

Those are ADS. That is why the post was deleted. Just like our other messages, if someone asks and you want to share personal experience about a hotel, cruise line, agent, etc, then that is allowed. But you cannot post a link directly to a commercial service for the purpose of sending them business.

Old March 17th, 2005, 03:23 PM
Passenger

MrPeteLI----Yes it was the Ecstasy cruise ship that caught fire(we call it the Fire Boat). We had no idea how bad it was until we got home(near St. Louis,MO) Carnval shut down all the T.V.'s and radios on the boat(can't blame them, people would have really panic if they did not). My family tape it from our home t.v. and we have all the local coverage( we were on t.v. stations around here). We could not believe how bad the flames were coming out of the ship. Needless to say, we were very glad to come home safe and it was a bad experience, but life goes on!!! KMBB