Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 17th, 2005, 10:47 AM
ellen265

Default Re: Re: What must bring items do you pack?

Hello Rosiesunshine,

You might want to check with Customs, etc., because some of those large sea shells may be on the endangered species list and you might be stopped from bringing them back into the U.S.

Being a U.S. citizen myself, we are prohibited from bringing those shells and certain woods back into Bermuda (where I live) as they were on the endangered list.
Old March 17th, 2005, 06:33 PM
bjkeen

Default Re: What must bring items do you pack?

I have been at work.

My email address does work.
Old March 18th, 2005, 07:31 PM
bjkeen

Did you try peachyke1@yahoo.com

?
Old March 19th, 2005, 04:01 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: What must bring items do you pack?

Hey KYCruiser,
If you got that list send it to me at "jeffy4216@yahoo.com Please I would appreciate it very much.
Georgia girl
Old March 19th, 2005, 08:17 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: What must bring items do you pack?

bjkeen

I just sent you an email about your packing and to do lists!!

Could you please sent it to me too!! kdickers@mrtc.com

Georgiagirl and I would LOVE to have a copy!!

THANKS!!!

Post Edited (03-19-05 20:17)

Old March 20th, 2005, 01:32 AM
sno

Here's my usual list. Ziploc bags. Prescription meds in the original bottles, as some of mine are capsules, and you never know what can be switched in those. Sad we have to think that way, and also if on narcotics, always bring the original prescription bottle. Sunscreen, bandaids, antacid. Cellphone and charger, 2 swimsuits,2 casual dressy outfit, one formal, 2 pairs shorts, enough underwear to get you through a week plus 4 days, I brought a small shoulder bag to hold my credit card and my sail and sign card, backpack for excursions, a sweatshirt for the evenings, as it can get chilly, sunglasses, if you're a gym person, workout clothes and shoes. No need for soap or shampoo, unless you prefer a specific brand, a travel iron, lip balm, downey wrinkle release, and one thing I haven't seen listed was fabric softener sheets. I use them in the suitcase to keep my clothes smelling fresh, and they work well in the closet area as you may also have a bag of soiled clothing that can create an "odor" in the closet. Also, a trashbag for your soiled clothes, and if you plan on using the on board washer and dryer, a few rolls of quarters. For the gamblers more cash than you need as it's $5 for the ATM and to take a cash advance on your SS card. Hope it helps.
Old March 20th, 2005, 04:50 PM
Passenger

A over-the-door shoe holder and a LCD clock are a must.
Old March 21st, 2005, 12:35 AM
sno

I forgot toothbrush and toothpaste. They do give you toothpaste, but it's a sample and it doesn't last long.
Old March 21st, 2005, 10:10 AM
Snorange

We just got back from the Miracle. We really overpacked.

Brought but Never used:
Power strip - I used the ships hair dryer. Girls used the ships hair dryer and had the one plug for their straightner.
Night Light - Left the bathroom door open a crack with the light on
Downy Wrinkle Release - STuff didn't get that wrinkled
MOST OF THE CLOTHES

Brought, used and left there:
Beach towels - We had enough old ones around that we brought places, didn't have to worry about losing them and donated them to the ship when we left.
Old Tennis Shoes - Used them for snorkleling and cave tubing. They were comfortable, blister free, and one less thing in our closet when we got home.
Insulated Drink containers - We've accumulated many over the years, used them and left them.

VERY GLAD WE BROUGHT
Sweater/jacket for the dining room and evening shows. BRRRRRRR... Need I say more?
3 swim suits and 2 cover ups. - Lived in them.
5 bottled water - Actually I brought 3 full ones home. I kept refilling the 2.
Small backpack for excursions
Large duffle bag from Lands End for the excursions
Sun Screen - Went through a bottle of 15 and 48. The girls and I tanned, the men didn't. There were so many stupid, fried people on Monday night that were miserable for the rest of the trip. We used it, still got tan and had a good time.
Digital Camera - Fun to see immediately the pix
$5. bills - We brought 20 and used all but 5.

Again, we grossly overpacked. I wore 1 pair of shorts the entire week. The rest of the time I was in my swimsuit. My husband who NEVER wears shorts, wore his 3 cargo type swimsuits the entire week and only wore 1 pair of jeans. And the jeans were only worn on the way down and the way home. I ended up wearing my favorite capris several evenings and didn't wear 3 of the pair I brought. Next time I will pack 1/2.