Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 15th, 2005, 01:21 AM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via MSN to windycitykitty
Default Video's for sale?

Just wondering does Carnival film you on their cruises or shore excursions and sell videos? If so how much do they cost?
Sponsored Links
Old March 15th, 2005, 04:04 AM
First Mate

Default Re: Video's for sale?

They do tape and sell the videos, however you do not get the chance to view them, 2 cruises in a row on the Glory, when we got home the tape was blank, carnival has terrible customer service therefore you are out $30 a pop, from experience, not worth it.
Old March 15th, 2005, 08:03 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Re: Video's for sale?

We bought the video tape on our cruise two years ago. They play what they have filmed on the TV in the room. We saw it and ended up buying the tape for $29.00. We got home and watched the tape and it only played half. It was blank at the end. I called carnival and they tried to replace it but couldn't find another tape. So they credited our credit card back the $29.00. We had no problem getting a refund at all.
Old March 15th, 2005, 10:11 AM
Terri Ann

Default Re: Re: Re: Video's for sale?

We purchsed the DVD of our cruise on the Valor in January for $29.00. It is just fine, no blanks areas. We have watched it several times since our cruise. We relive the moments. The line puts the "dailies" on the tv in your room to view and see if you are in the video or DVD. Word to the wise: If you have done something "crazy or outrageous" you will probably be in the video for all of the cruisers to see. You may be recognized after that througout the cruise. (VBG.) It is a wonderful souvenier of your vacation. We decided at the last minute to order it and we are glad we did. We will get one everytime from now on. Terri Ann
Old March 15th, 2005, 01:02 PM
Admiral

Thanks for info everyone!
Old March 15th, 2005, 03:49 PM
Phil & Liz

We bought the video on out last cruise since Liz was up on stage for "The spoon" game.
What fun that is to show the family and friends!

Phil & Liz

10/24/2004 Elation

4/24/2003 Jubilee
Old March 15th, 2005, 07:01 PM
Admiral

>>They do tape and sell the videos, however you do not get the chance to view them, 2 cruises in a row on the Glory, when we got home the tape was blank, carnival has terrible customer service therefore you are out $30 a pop, from experience, not worth it.>>

Have to disagree. We bought a tape, came home and discovered it was for the cruise the week before ours. Interesting to watch, but not *our* cruise. I called Carnival Customer Service and they had solved the problem and shipped us the correct tape within days. Not only that but they couldn't find a record of us having purchased the tape because I paid cash (on the last day after I had settled my sail and sign account). She took my word that I had purchased a tape and sent me the correct one.

I couldn't have been more pleased with the customer service.

dorothy

Carnival Elation
Carnival Elation March 11
Carnival Imagination Sept 07
Carniival Sensation Dec 06
RCI Sovereign of the Seas Sept 06
Carnival Miracle Sept 05
Carnival Glory Sept 04
Carnival Fantasy Jan 04
Old March 15th, 2005, 07:06 PM
Cruise Maniac

On my last cruise last year, I was able to watch the video on T.V., but because neither I nor any of my traveling companions (my mom, and my sis), were in it, I didn't buy it. But it does make a GREAT souvenir.
Old March 16th, 2005, 03:40 PM
First Mate

Be sure to catch the 'action' on your t.v. in the cabin and know that "what you see may NOT be what you get"!!! There is a certain measure of 'stock' footage and some events may not be the ones that happen on your cruise. The presentation of the officers--one of the gals in my group of twenty was totally caught up in all the trappings of her first cruise and she went to the 'live' event. Later, in her cabin viewing the event she saw something wasn't right. On the t.v. the head chef came on stage and walked across the back to take his place on stage as the last person. But, in the live show he wore a different hat and took a position at the end of the line nearest his climb on stage--he didn't really cross the back of the line. There were many events that didn't get recorded. The massive end of cruise 'colors' contest which had over three hundred participants went unrecorded. So ask questions before you buy to at least assure if there was an event you were in that it is on the tape. If you're traveling with friends and family you may want to consider investing in a video camera outfit and take some lessons on how to use it. Could be the difference between a nice time and a celebration to view during summer reruns.