Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 15th, 2005, 05:59 PM
heatherk

Default never cruised carnival? help!

hi,
My family and I have cruised once before. We have never been on a carnival before. We are going in October on the Sensation. There is like 25 of us going. Do you think this would be a good ship and line to cruise. I have never heard anything bad. I was just wondering. And my mom was wanting to know how are the cabins... When we went on the spirt we had a port hole and it wasnt bad. What do you think.. Please help!
thanks
heatherk
Sponsored Links
Old March 15th, 2005, 06:02 PM
Admiral

Default Re: never cruised carnival? help!

Do you like purple? <> I say this because that is the loud color of the Lido deck. We took out very first cruise on the Sensation back in 96 and that is the reason we fell in love with cruising and have taken about 24 since them with 16 of them on CCL. Go and enjoy and let the fun just wash over you. Let us know how you liked it when you return by writing a review and of course let us know when your next cruise is. <VBG>
Jim

Old March 16th, 2005, 10:11 PM
chefkel22

Heatherk:

You will love it.

We ourselves did the same thing. Our first cruise was on the Sensation last April. We thought a nice 5 day trip would be a great start.

And were we ever right.

Wonderful food, great service, not tooo big and not tooo small. Nice length to begin with.

Our stops were to Grand Cayman and Cozumel. Ports were beautiful.

Friends look at our photos and comment on how relaxed our family looks.

Let me know if there is anything else we can help with.

Have a wonderful time and enjoy your trip.

If you are anything like us, you'll be addicted.

Kelly
Old March 17th, 2005, 07:01 PM
First Mate

check out my review from my Sensation cruise, which was November 11, 2004.

http://www.cruisemates.com/articles/...ensation30.cfm

but no worries.... you will have a fabulous time!!

*Kim*
07/30/95 - Fantasy
12/19/97 - Ecstasy
07/26/99 - Imagination
04/01/00 - Grandeur of the Seas
04/01/01 - Carnival Victory
03/29/03 - Carnival Triumph
11/11/04 - Sensation
04/17/07 - Imagination (again)
Old March 18th, 2005, 01:56 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter

Please do us a favor - YOU come back here when you return and tell us how YOU liked it.

Old March 18th, 2005, 05:44 AM
JUGL11

If you have cruised before on another line, & are now going to be on Carnival, you may wind up disappointed. That's what happened to my wife & me.

If you had never cruised at all, you might be able to put up with the Carnival experience because you wouldn't know what you were missing (like a friendly staff that actually seemed to care about you).

My advice - quickly switch to another line.
Old March 18th, 2005, 06:36 AM
Kimmie Girl

Quick question,

Isn' the Spirit (I asume that is what your meant in your original posting) a Carnival Ship?????? or is there another ship called Spirit in another fleet?

Regards,
KG
Old March 18th, 2005, 02:39 PM
Passenger

You will love Carnival! Especially with 25 people as the staff are fantastic with groups (or couples) the food is amazing and from what I hear some of the best at sea.
Old March 18th, 2005, 02:43 PM
Cruise Maniac

My first cruise was on the Sensation. We had a great time.

It is not a new ship, so you cannot really compare it - the newer ships have more in the way a amenities, but I am usually a glass-half-full kinda guy and have a good time no matter where I am.

There will always be people who tell you that no matter what ship you are on, another one is better. Forget that - book your trip and enjoy yourself.
Old March 18th, 2005, 03:29 PM
Passenger

I disagree with JUGL11. I've been on multiple NCL, Carnival and RCL ships (though not the Sensation). There has never been a problem with staff friendliness on any of them. Carnival has the most lively atmosphere. If you're looking for a line that will really pamper you with white glove service, then you may want to try Oceania, Silversea or another high end line. Carnival should not be compared this lines like those.

Old March 19th, 2005, 04:36 PM
Kricken13

I will now only cruise Carnival after cruising Royal Caribbean last year. The staff is always great on Carnival. It's the small things like your waiter and room steward remembering your name after the first time you are introduced, to the janitor in the hallway that always greets you with a smile on their face while you walk by. You will have a blast!

The rooms are larger than most cruise lines, so don't worry about that.
Old March 19th, 2005, 05:58 PM
Admiral

Ooooh, I LOVE purple! I guess I'll have to book the Sensation next!
heatherK, I'm sure you will enjoy this ship. We've done 3 Carnival cruises, and are booked for another one in April. No complaints. Enjoy!

donna

Old March 20th, 2005, 03:35 PM
DENISE H

you will have great time on carnival i have only sail twice but i have fond that the rooms
neat and clean we had great wait staff both times staff is always friendly and helpfull
the food is great and the shows are fun when go cruise again it will be carnival
Old March 20th, 2005, 04:37 PM
Vickilynn

Having previously sailed RCCL, Princess, & Costa, we sailed Carnival for the first time aboard the Destiny 2/27/05. Had a great time!!! Not disappointed at all! Staff was very friendly, & the service was great. Food was some of the best we've ever had,and we loved the shows put on by the wait staff in the dining room every night. Cabins are a bit larger than most cruiselines also. It will be Carnival again for us next year!

Have great cruise!!
Old March 20th, 2005, 05:57 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cruznut2 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruznut2

I have sailed with Carnival 5 times and have never been disappointed. I always had a great time. the staff and crew were always terriffic and took good care of us.

Laura

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“
---Mark Twain

Old March 21st, 2005, 11:14 AM
heatherk

Default Re: Re: never cruised carnival? help!

the spirt that we cruised on was a norweign ... it was s beautiful.. my family fell in love with cruising so we are all going on another one this year.
heather k
Old March 21st, 2005, 11:19 AM
heatherk

thanks guys for all of your help.. there is about 25 of us going so im sure we will have a blast. my sister loves purple so im sure she will enjoy it.. well im sure we all will enjoy it.. and thanks again and i will be sure to let you know how it was..
heather k