Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 19th, 2005, 04:41 PM
First Mate

Default carnival cabins

I know Carnival Triumph & Victory have connecting cabins, do any of the newer Carnival ships have them? Or the other lines, like RCCL? It is very hard to find them!

We want to go on a12/3/05 cruise and would like our kids to have thier own connected cabin. I also noiticed Triumph and Victory have cabins that will accomodate 5, would they be REALLY crowded? Our kids are 12,9,& 6 so I don't think it will be to much of a bathroom issue with trying to get ready, mostly me!

I would love to hear from anyone who has been on Triumph or Victory lateley, what did you think of the ship???

I have not been on Carnival since 1998, and hope its a little better! That was our 1st cruise aboard the Fantasy.

Thanks for any help!

Royal Caribbean - Navigator of the Seas - 9/27/2003
Sponsored Links
Old March 19th, 2005, 06:24 PM
cali-croozer

Default Re: carnival cabins

Yes, there are connecting cabins on the newer Carnival ships and they are noted on the deck plans. Visit a TA and get a Carnival brochure so you can see where they are located in each category.
Old March 19th, 2005, 07:33 PM
StaceySch

We stayed in connecting cabins on the Triumph. Loved them. You have two bathrooms and plenty of room. Also allows for privacy. Be aware the cabins are on the lower decks. We are fine with that. We like the quiet of the lower decks but some people don't like it.
Old March 20th, 2005, 07:47 AM
Cruise Maniac

There are connecting inside cabins on upper deck on the Triumph 6295/6297 for example. Go to www.carnival.com and look at deck plans there.
Old March 20th, 2005, 08:07 AM
Passenger

Hey Carrie sounds like we're in the same boat!!! Pardon the bad pun.

There's 5 of us also and we've always had one cabin on every Carnival ship we've been on. I must admit that interior cabins are a little more cramped than exterior, so I would consider an exterior and you don't have to worry about bumping into each other constantly.

We did that on the Victory last year and had more than enough room.

By the way if you chose the Victory you won't be disappointed. Fabulous ship. Beautiful, huge and very stable...truly a FUN SHIP!

Victory - 2003
Inspiration - 2004
Victory - 2004
Glory - 2005
Holiday - 2005
Old March 25th, 2005, 08:25 AM
JUGL11

I hope that Victory has gotten its act together & that you have a better experience than we did last July. At that time, things were very disorganized. The crew didn't seem to know what was going on most of the time, & obviously never had any training in guest relations (ie how to smile, respond to requests, etc.). Disembarkation was like a cattle call- ROUND 'EM UP, HEAD 'EM OUT, RAWHIDE! (I'll bet nobody under 50 will get that reference).

The exception to this was in the main dining room, where we were lucky enough to be seated in Zelika's station, all the way astern. She was excellent.
Old March 25th, 2005, 08:54 AM
Passenger

We had connecting O.V. rooms for us (two parents and two young adult children) on the Conquest last June, 2004. Enjoyed them thoroughly. Had the big windows and lots of room.
Old March 26th, 2005, 10:11 PM
Passenger

Send a message via MSN to Carnival_CD_AndiKX Send a message via Yahoo to Carnival_CD_AndiKX

The Connecting staterooms are a great thing to have and you can still listen to what the people are saying next to you. I have stayed with my parents on the TRIUMPH and it was OK but i would suggest the connecting rooms that way it wont be so tight and crowded. If your family is really loving and can stand each other then it will be ok. Bon Voage. btw RCCL SUCKS!!!!!

Old March 27th, 2005, 10:58 AM
sailgirl

2 years ago we had 5 people in 1 room on the carnival Inspiration ( Outside cabin). Me, my husband and 3 kids 15,13,11. It was a little crowded but we really saved money. Last year we had 2 cabins. We put the 2 teen girls across the hall. That was nice also with 2 bathrooms. However if we could have we would have all gone in 1 room again. maybe.. My kids are now 17,15 and 13. If they were 12, 9 and 6 I would go for the 5 in a cabin again. No problem.