Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 17th, 2005, 10:41 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Teens and dinner

Hi, everyone.

Single parent here, on the Carnival Victory, June 26, with my two teenage sons.

I requested late seating at dinner, thinking that dining later is more relaxed.

BUT - I am now wondering if it might be better for the boys if we switch to the early seating? Does the late seating interfere with too many of the kid/teen activities?

I am open to suggestion from those of you who have cruised with teens. My personal preference is late dinner, but I want to make the choice that is best for the kids.

Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Old March 17th, 2005, 01:15 PM
geralyn

Default Re: Teens and dinner

this hasnt been a problem for us in the past....but there were times when the boys would want to be somewhere at a given time...and we would excuse them from dinner early. they always grabbed some late night pizza if still hungry
Old March 17th, 2005, 01:26 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Re: Teens and dinner

So, is that a vote for late dinner or early dinner? lol
Old March 17th, 2005, 05:19 PM
HeidiHo

I personally prefer late dinner but decided to do early 2 years ago on the Pride so our teens would have more time with their new friends. They didn't participate in the activities (not many do) but the disco was only open for teens until 11:15. I figured that if we didn't get out of dinner till almost 10:00, that didn't leave much time. I just booked the Miracle for next March so I asked the kids which dinner they wanted. DD said she didn't care. DS said he wants early so we went with early again.
Old March 17th, 2005, 06:13 PM
First Mate

Send a message via AIM to nurd13

I'm a teen and I can say I prefer late just because I like having time before dinner to be outside when the ship is leaving port or having a bit more time at the pool. I know others who like early for equally good reasons. As far as friends I've met, it seems an equal number usually have early and late. As far as making it to activities, I'm not one to stay at the disco all night but I do like to participate in things. While I do miss some, the people with early seating miss others. Like someone else said, if there's something one night they really want to do, they can eat by the pool and miss dinner or leave early.

Basically, I think you should ask your teens what they want to do. If they have no preference, stick with late and it will be just fine.

Ecstasy Baja Mexico 8/02
Carnival Spirit Alaska 7/03
Ecstasy Baja Mexico 8/03
Adventure of the Seas Southern Caribbean 12/04
Carnival Pride Mexican Riviera 8/05

Caribbean Travel Tips
Old March 17th, 2005, 06:27 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to drama_dude_renee Send a message via MSN to drama_dude_renee Send a message via Yahoo to drama_dude_renee

Hi,
We sailed with our two kids Christmas 2003, we had late dinner. Our rule was that the kids check in during the day and they HAD to eat dinner with us. Our daughter, 13 at that time, would gobble down her meal, then beg for us to let her go do her own thing. We would eat dinner, try to make the whole show then off to bed. We got up early , we didn't do any latenight activities because we were too tired.

We are booked on the Miracle for Jan 1/2006, we have decided to do early dinner, it will be more relaxed and we wont have any teenagers wanting to leave so quickly. We are planning to make the latenight activities without being too tired and too full from dinner.

I would advise you to book early dinner.
Good luck with whatever you choose.
Brenda

Carnival Valor March 8, 2009