Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 17th, 2005, 04:31 PM
Penny Mason

Default Anyone been to Margaritaville lately?

We are going on the 4/3 Carnival Conquest to Jamaica, Grand Cayman and Cozumel. We have never been to Jamaica, but would love to go to Margaritaville, but were wondering about the prices. We heard that one drink cost $20. Has anyone been recently and could give us more information. We are going to Sunset Beach resort first, but wanted to stop in at Margaritaville on the way back. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Old March 17th, 2005, 05:16 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki
Default Re: Anyone been to Margaritaville lately?

We went to Margaritaville in Nov. Fun spot. And NO drinks are NOT $20... though they were around $6.50 each for the umbrella drinks. Dont know what beers were.

Margaritaville is also only about 3 blocks from the pier.. so easy to get to and from.

- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old March 17th, 2005, 05:50 PM
runway

We went last week and a great drink Hurricane with a shot of southern comfort was great and 6.50 beers started at 3.00. It was relaxing to just relax and take it all in. Gift shop prices are just what they are but enjoy wearing it for the memories ! plan an sitting awhile to get served and we got nachos for about 7.00 morre than 2 people could eat. But if you go on a tour be sure to watch time there if you go late takes about 10 minutes to walk back to the peer and you will have to x-ray your bags out of the country to the ship. So if a long line you could cut it short. Many Many taxi's there to help just look for a red plate tho and they will take you where ever. Fun time and well worth it, we had stopped at the Key West one a few years back and Jimmy was there since he had family in town. Great to see, very relaxed and who knows ,he goes to to Jamacia often. Have a good time.
Old March 17th, 2005, 10:11 PM
First Mate

Send a message via Yahoo to TC(Top-Cat)

We ate there on our Conquest Cruise. Four of us had a Jerk Chicken plate and a soft drink. Our tab was $89.00 including tip. Hottest stuff i ever ate!

Beautiful views there. Fun atmosphere.

On Glory - 05-06-06

Sensation,Jubilee ,Maj.of the Seas,Conquest, Victory.
Old March 18th, 2005, 03:47 AM
windycity kitty

The jerk chicken is wonderful try it, and Conc salad if they have it. They also have a cool slide off the roof into the water. I went a couple years ago, it was fairly reasonable for being on an island.
Old March 18th, 2005, 08:03 AM
Cruise Maniac

Remember though it is a CHAIN so if you miss it down there don't worry..... there are more all over. Orlando has one, Key West has one and so on......
Old March 18th, 2005, 03:08 PM
Cruise Maniac

went to jimmy's in orlando a month or so ago and prices were the same as runway said.

haley

Old March 18th, 2005, 04:59 PM
Passenger

Best Banana Daquiri I ever had was there...Great fun
Old March 19th, 2005, 03:10 PM
Kricken13

Banana Dacquiri? That sounds great! I'm cruising on the Conquest on 5/8 and we are planning on visiting Margaritaville while in Jamaica. I'm excited now, and I can't wait to tell my husband!

Haley, I have a pug too.....only 9 wks old. I love him already!!

Kristen
Old March 25th, 2005, 08:27 AM
Rose M

Margaritaville in Ocho Rios is a blast!!!! bring your bathing suit.....drinks and food are reasonably priced....their chicken wings are fabulous....last time we visited Ocho Rios we didn't book a shore excursion, just walked to Margaritaville around 10:00 a.m. and stayed there until it was time to return to ship.....great music, waiters walking around pouring drinks into willing participant's mouths, a fun place for everyone....make sure you get a wrist band so you can access their beach.
Old March 25th, 2005, 08:51 AM
Passenger

Hate to be the only downer here.....>BUT......we went to the one in Montego Bay.......it was a tad too small for the large crowd that was there when we went in. They stuck us (family of parents and 2 young adult children) away by ourselves in a little party room (kind of cute but isolated); but we wanted to be out on the patio part...oh well....such is life in the multitudes. We had a so-so hamburger.....giant fruity so-so drink and beers for a bunch of money. I know, I know....what should we expect out of a touristy place. It does sound like the one at Ocho Rios might be the better one, though. Who knows, we might cruise back that way and try that one too.
Old March 25th, 2005, 09:15 AM
First Mate

Default Re: Re: Anyone been to Margaritaville lately?

Beer is between $3.50 and $4.00.
Most FuFu drinks are $6.50-$6.75.
Got these off of an on-line menu for Jimmy Buffetts.
Old March 25th, 2005, 10:08 AM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to Linda A
Default Re: Re: Anyone been to Margaritaville lately?

Yes, I would say the Ocho Rios one is bigger. There is also a swimming pool with a slide right in the middle. Also a beach. It was packed but we all had a great time!!!

Linda A.
Old March 25th, 2005, 02:03 PM
Cruise Maniac

kristen,

mei mei is almost 9 months old and is 14lbs. we love her to pieces. There is a picture of her on this site under personal photo gallery just after a bath.

http://www.cruisemates.com/MBindex/PGindex2.cfm

it is under my pug meimei

haley

Post Edited (03-25-05 14:04)
Old March 25th, 2005, 03:44 PM
BoosterMom

We went to the one in Orlando. Great food, great atmosphere. The Cheeseburger in Paradise is very good also....................There is a volcano at the one in Orlando and when that song is played everyone sings and the volcano "blows".
Old March 25th, 2005, 04:08 PM
Ray Stoney

We popped in on the one in Key West (an unplanned port of call, but that's another story - read the Glory 2/19 threads) and we thought it was great. Was expecting a crowded tourist trap, but was pleasantly surprised at the amount of locals at the bar. It was pleasantly crowded, but not overcrowded. We had a couple of the obligatory margaritas and thought they were well made and tasty and not overpriced. We didn't eat there, but the food I saw others eating looked like "cheeseburger paradise"!
Old March 25th, 2005, 11:34 PM
Passenger

We went to the one in Myrtle Beach and had a good time. The Cheese burger in Paradise was pretty good. And they had a Huricane that came down. Great fun Want to do another one someday

M/V Sun Princess 10-19-2005
M/V Paradise 02-2005
S/S Norway 05-2000
USS Gray 1978-1979
USS Kirk 1976-1978
USS Rathburne 1973-1975
Old March 26th, 2005, 04:45 AM
Cruise Maniac

I loved it and no drinks weren't $20. We drank Red Stripe on tap for $2.00 a cup, ( size you would get at a baseball game.) with the purchase of a burger and the burger was about the same it is in the states 6.50. I had a blast. They also come around and pour shots down your throat, then you leave drunk and they leave with a tip. We all tipped the shot guy a dollar and he didn't act like we were to cheap. It is easy to get to get off the boat, head straight through the gates and stay on the right hand side of the road nad it will bring you right up to the entrance area.
Old March 26th, 2005, 05:47 PM
First Mate

Since you are on the Conquest, you will be going to Montego Bay. I think there is only 1 drink that is $20, the drink I had was over $7 and didn't even come with the glass.

If you want a great place to go, try Sunset Beach Resort, it's all inclusive, 5 minutes from the ship and only costs $20 per person. Includes all you can eat, drink, 3 beaches, 2 pools, swim up bar, activities, kayaking, snorkeling, etc. We did this and loved it. Probably would skip shopping and everything else next time and just hang out at the resort all day

Celebration 2/96
Imagination 2/97
Fascination 12/97
Imagination 3/99
Spirit 11/01
Sensation 1/02
Pride 11/02
Voyager of the Seas 5/03
Conquest 10/04
Conquest 10/29/06
Inspiration 11/08
Celebrity Solstice 2/09
Oasis of the Seas 10/16/10
Old March 26th, 2005, 07:46 PM
Penny Mason

Thanks Irish Girl. We are planning on going to Sunset Beach and just stopping in at Margaritaville on the way back. Not planning on eating there, but wanted to check it out and probably buy one drink. Thanks for the advice.