Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 18th, 2005, 12:47 PM
firsttimecruiser

Default Dining for two?

My huband and I just scheduled our first cruise for December. We are celebrating our 15th anniversary. Is it possible, in the main dining room, to be seated alone as opposed to a large table? We are both introverts!
Sponsored Links
Old March 18th, 2005, 12:58 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Darcy
Default Re: Dining for two?

You should make your request ahead of time. Call your TA and have them put in a special request. Once you're on board if you don't have a table for 2 see if the Maitre'de can help you out.

Monarch of the Seas 3/06
Carnival Inspiration 8/05
Carnival Miracle 4/05
Carnival Inspiration 4/04
Sovereign of the Seas 4/03
Old March 18th, 2005, 01:43 PM
First Mate

My wife and I took our honeymoon on the Triumph last October and we had a table for just the 2 of us.

Fascination 7/07

Old March 18th, 2005, 01:48 PM
Passenger

I always request table for 2. Shortly after arriving on board I double check with the maitre'd to make sure we have our own table and have never had a problem yet.

Triumph
Old March 18th, 2005, 02:29 PM
Cruise Maniac

EXACTLY what everyone has else said... if booked with a TA make sure she requested it, then about a few weeks before your cruise have her call again just for a follow up...... then as soon as you get on the ship if this is something you are DEAD SET ON, I would go ahead and get in the line for the change your seating time and make sure you have a table for 2.....

I have to tell you though I have done a honeymoon cruise and a couple of our anniversary cruises, and a few birthday cruises but never wanted a table for 2 the most fun is meeting other people......

2 of my best friends are people I have met on cruises!
Old March 18th, 2005, 07:07 PM
Cruise Maniac

we just went on 10th anniversary cruise and I am also pretty shy [although nobody believes it because I am a tour guide, go figure ] and i was concerned about making small talk, but I didn't know that a table for two was an option. I am so glad that I didn't know because we met the coolest young couple from Ireland on their honeymoon. we had the best dinner conversations and i am so glad to have broadened my horizons and now we have good friends to go visit in Ireland.. You never know who you will meet on a cruise. You will always be able to dine alone but only one chance to meet someone new on your cruise.