Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 19th, 2005, 06:54 AM
Lauraj225

Default 4 to a cabin?

Hello, I am planning on taking my family on a cruise at the end of this year and am wondering if anyone knows anything about cabins for 4? We have 2 teenage boys that will be in the room with my husband and I, and I am wondering how the sleeping arrangements are? I have heard about pull down wall cots or something like that, but are there 2 of them? Any information would be appreciated. Laura
Sponsored Links
Old March 19th, 2005, 07:13 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: 4 to a cabin?

On my first cruise, I went with my sis and her young daughter. Our cabin had to twin beds (lowers), and to uppers which can be pulled out. Although there were only three people in the cabin, it could easily sleep four.

There are cabins that sleep two, others sleep three, others sleep four, and others sleep five, but I think a cabin with five people is toooooooooooo much.

On my second cruise, I went with sis, and my mom. This time I booked an ocean view cabin, and as soon as I opened the door, I staked my claim. I took over the bed right next to the window. Sis took the upper berth, and mom took the lower. We had enough "elbow room", and preparing for the day wasn't a problem. Now, if you can afford it, and you and your husband want privacy, you can book an ocean view cabin for you and hubby, and book an inside cabin across your room for your sons.
Old March 19th, 2005, 07:39 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Darcy

Laura:

Some cabins have uppers and lowers, some have 2 twins an upper and they bring in a rollaway. We've done 4 in a room and it can be tight (in fact I'm doing it again in August, me and 3 kids!). When my husband and I travel with the kids we get two inside rooms. One for the adults and one for the kids. It makes it more comfortable for all of us, plus gives us an extra bathroom which is very helpful when all of us are trying to get ready.

Darcy

Monarch of the Seas 3/06
Carnival Inspiration 8/05
Carnival Miracle 4/05
Carnival Inspiration 4/04
Sovereign of the Seas 4/03
Old March 19th, 2005, 07:51 AM
Admiral

We've done a quad and it works fine, the upper berths just pull down from the wall above the lower beds.
On our next cruise we are going to get two connecting rooms and see how we like having the extra space and the extra bathroom.
Either way I'm sure will be fine. If you are concerned about space you may want to check it out and see if it is much more expensive to go with two rooms rather than one. It was just a little bit more in our case and I thought it was worth it. I hate sitting up in the morning and banging my head on the bed above lol! Plus it will give d/h and I a little more privacy.
But honestly the cruise after next is a bit more expensive and we are just booking a quad to make it affordable so we can squeeze in three cruises this year. Its something I can live with and I will be happy just getting to cruise whether it is two rooms or one.
Old March 19th, 2005, 02:17 PM
Yeoman

Send a message via AIM to -Rob

I was just added to my friends cruise, making a 4th passenger. On the older ships, they can do a roll away bed but the newer ones they cant. We are goin on the glory, and i know thaeir max occupancy is 4 passengers. They have 2 twin beds that can be pushed together to make a king, one upper bunk, and a couch that can convert to a bed. I think sleeping arrangements are shipclass specific, so call and see. The rooms are pretty big, especially compared to the older RCCL ships. You shouldnt have a problem w/ 4

-Rob (17/m)

Carnival Ecstasy-June 2000
Carnival Jubilee-July 2001
Carnival Pride-June 2003
RCCL Sovereign-Janurary 2004
Carnival Imagination-June 26, 2004
Glory
Old March 19th, 2005, 03:34 PM
bjkeen

I agree, for four people you need a quad. I was wondering the first time I had booked a quad on a spirit ship, where the other bed was? The bed comes out of the ceiling. I was amazed when the room steward used a tool and the bed decended. In the morning he used his tool again and the bed went back into the ceiling. Cool huh?
Old March 21st, 2005, 07:51 PM
Deniseluvscrusin

We went on the Triumph 01/01/05 with 2 adults and 2 teenage daughters. We had a inside room with the 2 bunks that come down from the ceiling. We had no problem moving around but it was a little cramped when we were all trying to dress at once. The girls found the bunks comfortable except one of the bunks, it was difficult to get up into the bunk without putting the ladder on the bed. (Thank God she didn't have to get up to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night). We are going again in 01/08/06 and this time we are getting 2 rooms.

Denise
Valor 01-08-06
Old March 21st, 2005, 07:51 PM
Deniseluvscrusin

We went on the Triumph 01/01/05 with 2 adults and 2 teenage daughters. We had a inside room with the 2 bunks that come down from the ceiling. We had no problem moving around but it was a little cramped when we were all trying to dress at once. The girls found the bunks comfortable except one of the bunks, it was difficult to get up into the bunk without putting the ladder on the bed. (Thank God she didn't have to get up to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night). We are going again in 01/08/06 and this time we are getting 2 rooms.

Denise
Valor 01-08-06
Old March 22nd, 2005, 03:02 PM
BoosterMom

We have two college age daughters. We've cruised since they were 6 & 4. We have always gotten a room for four. On RCCL we had two bunks that came down from wall and we had two twins that pushed together. That was great, but two upper berths and two lowers sell out quick. Wall bunks went away during the day which caused our bed to be the couch and catch all for everything. We did a guaranty room on Sensation two years ago and got put in a room with one upper berth, two twins that got pushed together and they brought in a cot that sat right down on the floor. It stayed there the whole week so we just kept stepping over it. We really didn't like that because girls bring a lot of stuff that seems to jump out of drawers and place itself directly on the floor. We tried to change rooms but the ship was sold out and nothing else for 4 was available.

We decided after that time we would always request two upper berths, which are comfortable, OR get one outside room and the inside room across from it since our girls aren't over 25 yet. That's what we are doing late summer on Victory. They are older, have more "stuff" and we just really needed the extra bathroom. The girls will have their own room. It's more expensive, but we just decided to forego the balcony room and move to a lower deck and spend the extra on the girls having their own room.
Old March 22nd, 2005, 04:11 PM
KayCee

We will be four in a cabin on the Legend in May. Our room will be two beds pushed together to form a king, the sofa that converts and one bed that comes down from the ceiling. When I asked about this issue here before booking, lots of folks have done this with no problem. We have two college age kids coming along but we really won't be in the room that much. Some one made the suggestion if we are getting ready at the same time, to send my husband and son to the gym/spa to use those showers. Can't wait--only seven more weeks!!
Old March 22nd, 2005, 04:51 PM
Admiral

I just took my brother and sister-in-law on Carnival Valor and the three of us shared a room. I thought it would be a problem, but there was enough space that we were fine. The sofa was made into a double bed when we arrive. Closet space was very, very ample and we could have accommodated a fourth.

Remember, Carnival has the biggest standard cabins in the mid-priced range of ships so I would stick with this cruise line when sharing with three or four people.

www.cruisingfromnewyork.com/
Cruise news, bargains, tips and commentary.
Old March 22nd, 2005, 05:13 PM
Daizygirl

I've been on 8 cruises and 6 of them we opted for the quad cabin so that we could spend money elsewhere. Each time there were 2 couples in the room. There are 2 sets of bunk beds basically. Two beds fold up and down out of the wall on each side of the cabin with a bed directly under it. The only downfall is sharing one restroom between 4 people. It is definitely doable and is not uncomfortable. I hope I have helped! Have fun!
Old March 22nd, 2005, 06:45 PM
Cruise Maniac

We cruised last summer with our 2 teenage boys, stayed in a quad and had a great time! We are going again this summer and staying in a quad. To make it easy, I would go to the cabin a little early to get ready for dinner. When the boys came to get ready they made a dressing room out of the large closet doors and the bathroom door. We really enjoyed our time together. It was my younger son's birthday and we filled the room with balloons.

Old March 23rd, 2005, 09:32 PM
Lauraj225

Thanks for repling everyone, I feel much better about cruising with all of us now. Cant wait to see for myself;-) Laura
Old March 23rd, 2005, 10:49 PM
geralyn

Default Re: Re: 4 to a cabin?

My brother is about to crusie with us on the victory. they have an inside cabin on the upper deck for 5 of them. two beds on the floor, two that will come down from the wall (bunk beds) and the 2 year old will sleep with them. they plan on having dad take his son into the gym showers while the girls shower in the room. it will probably be tight...I'll let you know..but they are on a tight budget and the kids are all too young to have their own room. i think the biggest problem will be clothing space.
Old March 23rd, 2005, 11:06 PM
Admiral

geralyn, they could take a Pack N Go for the 2 y/o to sleep in, setting it up themselves at night. Might be more comfortable for the 2 y/o!! Just a thought. We did 5 in a room on the Jubilee two times, 2 beds down, 2 bunks and a foldup rollaway when the boys were 13, 11 and 5. The window sill was so wide and deep the 5 y/o played up there at times. I don't remember being crowded at all. Never thought about taking the boys to shower in the gym. Good idea. Now they are grown but we have wonderful memories.

#36-Carnival Splendor 9/16/12
7 night Mexican Riviera
Retirement Celebration

#37-Allure of the Seas 11/11/12
7 night Eastern Caribbean

#38-Celebrity Solstice 4/8/13
17 night Tahiti -- Sydney-Honolulu
40th Anniversary Celebration

270 days at see; soon to be 302
Old March 24th, 2005, 08:28 AM
geralyn

Default Re: Re: 4 to a cabin?

CA- thats a good idea. in fact i babysit the 2 year old and hae his fold n go crib here at my house. will that go with the checked baggage? i mean will they take that? they wanted to avoid the rollaway from the ship becuz of the floor space it would take up. But i cant imagine sleeping wiht that kid every night either! lol he's a "wiggler" when you did 5, was there ample closet space? i did tell them about the over the door shoe rack idea.
Old March 24th, 2005, 10:13 AM
Admiral

geralyn, hopefully you have the outside cover for the portable crib to protect it. I know many who check it in when flying so I think it would be okay. I honestly don't remember the closet situation but I know we did hang like 3 or 4 t-shirts & shirts on 1 hanger with their 2 pairs of long pants for dinner . We used 1 large suitcase in the corner for dirty clothes so as the week progressed we had more and more room. I can see where the over the door shoe rack would come in handy.

#36-Carnival Splendor 9/16/12
7 night Mexican Riviera
Retirement Celebration

#37-Allure of the Seas 11/11/12
7 night Eastern Caribbean

#38-Celebrity Solstice 4/8/13
17 night Tahiti -- Sydney-Honolulu
40th Anniversary Celebration

270 days at see; soon to be 302