Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 19th, 2005, 06:24 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Amusing Questions

I'm addicted to this message board. I look forward to reading all the useful information here, and sometimes putting in my two cents worth. Some times, I laugh, some times I frown, some times I stare at the monitor, some times I shrug, and some times I nod my head.

Some questions are just so amusing. The one that I found amusing was when a person asked if they served a particular cheese in the dining room. In no way, shape or form am I critcizing anybody. I just love this message board, and I've gained a wealth of information through here.

What's the most amusing question you've read here?
Sponsored Links
Old March 19th, 2005, 07:49 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cruznut2 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruznut2
Default Re: Amusing Questions

Yours <VBG>

Laura

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“
---Mark Twain

Old March 19th, 2005, 05:12 PM
First Mate

Send a message via AIM to Laurie M

"What's the most amusing question you've read here?"

I'll answer....the most amusing question that I can think of offhand is:

"what are the towels like in the bathrooms?"

I mean...come on...do you ask a hotel what kind of towels they have before you book a room?

PAST CRUISES
83/Azure Seas; 84/Song of America; 88/Stardancer; 92/Jubilee; 96/Viking Serenade; 97/Holiday; 99/Enchantment OT Seas; 00/Elation; 01,02,02,03/Ecstasy; 02/Voyager OT Seas; 03/Victory; 04/Adventure OT Seas; 05/Sapphire Princess 05,05,05,06,07/Monarch OT Seas; 06,07,08,08/Paradise; 06/Freedom OT Seas; 07 Pride; 07 Pearl; 08/Valor; 08/Serenade OT Seas; 08/Coral Princess
Old March 19th, 2005, 06:46 PM
Admiral

I think we are related as I have to do the same thing! <> Your question is one that is forever changing and I'm sorry I just don't remember the 'oddest' question. It's like my former occupation, you think you have seen everything and suddenly something new pops up. <G> Yes it is very entertaining.
Jim

Old March 19th, 2005, 10:20 PM
Yeoman

How about "What time is the midnight buffet?"
Old March 19th, 2005, 10:28 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

You should read my e mails.
All valid questions, that I do my best to answer... but doesn't mean they aren't funny! <G>

- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old March 19th, 2005, 10:30 PM
borntocruisejp

Default Re: Re: Amusing Questions

, was he/she blonde?
Old March 19th, 2005, 10:58 PM
First Mate

the one that makes me chuckle the most is ''' has anyone been on this ship before?''''. i know they really want to know what the ship is like, but it makes you think--' no this mega-million dollar ship is just setting at a dock somewhere waiting for the first passenger to walk up its gang-plank so it can go on it's cruise' .

i am guilty of the same thing, asking a question with the wrong wording and i know that i must make others laugh too at some of the post i have made. it just makes this board more interesting..

Old March 20th, 2005, 10:52 AM
Yeoman

Send a message via AIM to -Rob

On a few of my cruises the cruise director told us some of the dumbest questions he has heard.... pretty funny. One was like "does the ship make its own power" and his responce was something like, "well no, we actually just use a huge extension cord and throw it off board to the closest port"

-Rob

Carnival Ecstasy-June 2000
Carnival Jubilee-July 2001
Carnival Pride-June 2003
RCCL Sovereign-Janurary 2004
Carnival Imagination-June 26, 2004
Glory
Old March 20th, 2005, 01:04 PM
Cajuncrab

The most amusing and stupid question that I ever read, was someone asking about smoking weed on board and getting it on & off the ship. I think that one probably got the most responses ever. I had to laugh, I probably did respond to it, and I did shrug at some people's responses.

But I too am addicted to this board. I think I got my future sister-in-law addicted too. Rather be addicted to this to than most other things.
Old March 20th, 2005, 07:41 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via MSN to David148 Send a message via Yahoo to David148

I rem on my cruise last year on the jubilee our CD 'Dana Hudson', he was telling us some funny questions..and the one that sticks out the most is "will this elevator take me to the front of the ship?" haha his response to us was "yes ma'am they started making elevators going horizontal"

-David148
Old March 20th, 2005, 09:07 PM
Admiral

That is one of the most silly statements you often here that as the ship is in international waters there is no drinking age, drugs are legal, etc, etc. I wonder if they think that all laws are suspended because they are on a ship. Maybe that explains some of their behaviour! <G>
Jim

Old March 25th, 2005, 08:10 AM
JUGL11

On my last cruise the CD had us in stitches with a list of the funniest questions he'd ever heard. Here are 2 that I remember:

"What religion are those people with the patches behind their ears?" (His answer was "APACHE").

A woman called down to the desk shortly after embarkation and complained, "I can't get out of my cabin. There are 2 doors - 1 leads to the bathroom & the other 1 has a DO NOT DISTURB sign hanging on it." {8 B