Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 24th, 2005, 12:52 PM
Passenger

Default Formal wear

When I was on our cruise in 2003 on Carnival Ship paradise we were able to go to a litle shop that was on the ship to rent for the week a jacket for my husband and it was great. Can anybody tell me if I can still do that now or do I have to place my order with the formal wear shop that they have on the Carnival web site or can I still rent a jacket (Tux) from shops that are on the ships?

I really do not want to have to buy an expensive tux and wear it for the 2 formal dinners and not wear it again.

Thanks for your advise and help

Eileen

Old March 24th, 2005, 01:07 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki
Default Re: Formal wear

If your husband does enjoy wearing a tux or dinner jacket, I'd check the internet, do a google search, and you'll find you can actually buy one for the cost of a single rental.

- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old March 24th, 2005, 01:27 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Formal wear

We were able to buy a beautiful tux for d/h on eBay. I will buy certain things on eBay, but was a little iffy on this transaction. I found one and it said the proceeds went to Cancer research and the One Less Tear Foundation. So I figured, well even if we don't like the tux when it gets here the money will go to a good cause. I think the price on it was $69.95. Well within about 4 days it arrived and it was very high quality and well made. Since it was shipped in record time I had time to get a few minor alterations done. They also included a music CD from One Less Tear that had beautiful moving music and all sorts of info about the fellow who owned the clothing company who made the tux and his personal battle with cancer.
Our formal clothes were packed in a garment bag and they were not removed during our two day road trip to our port city and our 2 day pre cruise stay in New Orleans. Well when we finally got on the ship and unpacked the tux, you couldn't find a wrinkle on it. I found the minimum price that we could have rented a tux would have been about $85, so since we'll be cruising again twice this coming November it was a great deal for us. You may want to check it out and see if you can find a similar deal, otherwise you can email me and I'll give you their contact info.
Take care and have fun on your next cruise