Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 25th, 2005, 11:20 AM
jerijohn

Default alchol

We're taking our first cruise on the Sensation in April, and I've been following the message boards and taking notes. Thanks for all the great tips. We were checking out the photo gallery and my husband noted pictures of cases of beer and alcohol bottles. Is there a problem with bringing beer on board? It would only be for consumption in the room, and of course we would purchase drinks on board. But it would also help save money for more souveniers. Can you just stick it in your carry on? HELP
Sponsored Links
Old March 25th, 2005, 12:07 PM
cruise fan

Default Re: alchol

Yes,you definitely can. Of course your not suppose to but they do not check your luggage. Keep it out of site in your cabin just so your not putting the steward in an uncomfortable situation. We brought vodka, and bought some there as well. When you get on the ship keep it in your bag, don't check it. Hey,you'll spend plenty on drinks outside of your cabin, mine as well get a head start before going out!You can always order juices to mix too!!
Old March 25th, 2005, 02:44 PM
Cruise Maniac

A liquor and beverage consumption policy was created in order for Carnival to be able to control the liquor consumption of minors and the quantities consumed that lead to the disruptive behavior of others on board.

Liquor and Beverage Policy

Bringing Alcohol On Board - Embarkation

Guests are prohibited from bringing alcoholic beverages on board.

One bottle of fine wine or champagne, per stateroom, may be brought on board during embarkation only. If the wine and/or champagne is brought to the Dining room for consumption, a $10 corkage fee per bottle will be charged to the guest; otherwise, the guest may only drink the wine and/or champagne in the privacy of a stateroom. The wine and/or champagne may NOT be brought into any other public lounge or area.

Guests may bring a small quantity of non-alcoholic beverages. Excessive quantities, to be determined at the discretion of security and/or the embarkation personnel, will be confiscated and discarded.

Ports-of-Call

Alcoholic beverages of any kind purchased in any Port-of-Call will be confiscated at the gangway, stored on board and retained by Carnival until the end of the voyage.
Old March 25th, 2005, 06:18 PM
Admiral

The policy shown above is the policy so if they follow it to the letter understand that it is the policy. I have often seen them slack off in this and people have brought beer onboard like a couple sixpacks etc and nothing said. I have also seen them take and hold one six-pack so it is hit or miss. Many used to pack it in thier checked luggage and still do but I have heard of times when people were asked to come down and watch as they removed some booze from their luggage and placed in under safekeeping. Basicall you can do as you want and you may get it allowed though but they may take it as well so understand that. I personally wish they would make a policy that would satisfy others and stick to it instead of the sporadic enforcement they do. We have never packed luggage but we do usually buy it ashore and 50% of the time they take it and deliver it on the last day and the other times they just allow us to take it to the cabin.
Jim