Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 26th, 2005, 10:21 PM
Linda Jo

Default Grand Cayman/Costa Maya

Any suggestions to "go on your own" fun in Grand Cayman and Costa Maya? Been to Grand Cayman's excursions, but want to go on my own for a change. Also, have never been to Costa Maya. I've not yet been there, any suggestions? Any public beaches? Inexpensive cabs? Any reef to explore on our own? Safe? We booked excursions for the rest of our cruise (Valor, 04/03), but not there two. Thank you!!!
Sponsored Links
Old March 27th, 2005, 06:08 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Darcy
Default Re: Grand Cayman/Costa Maya

Linda Jo:

Grand Cayman: We did the Stingray Sandbar/snorkeling trip through Soto's Cruises and had a great time. We did 2 snorkel sites and the Stingray sandbar. Trip was about 2.5 hours and cost $24/pp. This year we're going down in the bubble sub. You can check that out at caymansubmariners.com.

Costa Maya: We rented a golf cart ($15/hr) and drove to the village of Majahual (sp) which is about 2 miles away. They have a very nice beach there. The only thing I didn't care for was the vendors were very pushy. We spent a couple of hours there and then drove further down the coast before heading back to the ship. When you get off the ship you will enter a huge shopping area. They have bars, restuarants, a pool with swim up bar, and there is some entertaiment. There is a beach area there, but the day we were there, there was trash all along the shore. This year we're doing the ship tour to Uvero Beach.

Darcy

Monarch of the Seas 3/06
Carnival Inspiration 8/05
Carnival Miracle 4/05
Carnival Inspiration 4/04
Sovereign of the Seas 4/03
Old March 27th, 2005, 06:12 PM
Captain

Default Grand Cayman/Costa Maya

We love to swim with the stingrays, but you can't do it every time, or all day.
Last time in Cayman, we took a self guided walking tour downtown, down the backstreets, and visited with some of the locals, where tourists normally do not go.
This may be especially interesting now, after the hurricane.
I have felt safer and more comfortable on cayman than anywhere else.
Exact opposite of jamaica.
Old March 27th, 2005, 11:10 PM
Yeoman

I agree with Joemo !
Myself, I could spend a week there in Grand Cayman with no problem !

happy cruising and smooth seas;
david
Old March 29th, 2005, 05:40 PM
First Mate

I booked a tour with island marketing for a snorkel trip from tequila beach club in Costa Maya. This was a great tour 25.00, and a secluded beach. I would love to go there again! SOON!