Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 27th, 2005, 07:40 PM
Juliel

Default Kids on Sensation

Has anyone traveled with kids on the Sensation from N.O. to Costa Maya and Cozumel. My kids are 3.5, 8.5, and 12 (almost 13), and the reviews I am reading seem to suggest that perhaps this is not the best choice for them. Thanks for any input.
Sponsored Links
Old March 27th, 2005, 08:21 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Darcy
Default Re: Kids on Sensation

Julie

We went to both those ports with our children last year on the Inspiration and we all had a great time.

For Cozumel I would recommend Chankanaab Park. They have a lagoon area that will be great for the little ones and the older one can snorkel from shore. They also have a botanical garden and Mayan ruin replica. There are restrooms, showers, lockers, restaurants and bars, shade huts and beach chairs. It was very clean. This is also where the dolphins and sea lions are. There is a sea lion show several times a day (as I recall it was $5/pp) and you can swim with the dolphins (for a fee).

In Costa Maya we wandered around the shopping area for a while and then rented a golf cart and drove to Majahual (sp). Its about 2 miles from the pier. There is a very nice beach there. The only thing I didn't care for was I found the vendors to be very pushy. We stayed there for a couple of hours and then drove further down the coast before heading back to the ship. This year we're going to Uvero Beach on the ship's tour.

Hope this helps and if you have any questions feel free to email me.

Darcy

Monarch of the Seas 3/06
Carnival Inspiration 8/05
Carnival Miracle 4/05
Carnival Inspiration 4/04
Sovereign of the Seas 4/03
Old March 27th, 2005, 09:26 PM
Beginner

Default Re: Kids on Sensation

Okay, let me try this again .... I've read these message boards a lot but haven't posted so hopefully this works and my post won't come up a bunch of times - sorry if it does!
We just went on the Sensation March 12th with our two daughters who are 4 and 6 .. we all LOVED it! The girls loved Camp Carnival and spent a lot of time there ... we booked an excursion through Carnival at Costa Maya (Jungle Beach Break) and in Cozumel we took a taxi to Paradise Beach - GREAT place!
Hope that helps .. email me if you'd like any other information and have a wonderful trip!
Patti