Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 31st, 2005, 12:02 AM
Joy L

Default Holiday cruise

My husband and me, our 2 daughters, 1 yr. old grandson, a nanny for him, my 2 sisters in law and their husbands and one niece are going on the Holiday out of Mobile on June 25 for a 5 night cruise to Mexico. This will be the first cruise for 8 of us.Is the parking area a covered area? Any tips on first timers? Is anyone on this board going then? We are big karaoke nuts and we want to do the newlywed game and we plan on having the times of our lives. My daughters and niece are in their 20's and one of sisters in law is a nut and we are both named Joy and we love to dance and sing and laugh and have as much fun as we can. Maybe we will see some of you there. I have been reading so much on this board and I have learned alot. Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old March 31st, 2005, 08:50 AM
Passenger

Default Re: Holiday cruise

We sailed out of Mobile last year on its first trip out of Mobile. We had a wonderful time and will be sailing on it again this October. I didn't use the parking at the terminal because we stayed at a hotel and left our car at their parking garage. The parking at the cruise terminal is a parking deck so it is covered except for the top floor. You will have a great time on the ship. The ship is small enough that you will not be lost. We met some people on board that we truely like and they will also be sailing again with us in October.

Have a good outlook on life and you will enjoy. By the way we went on the Catermeran snorkling trip in Cozumel and had the time of our life. We also went to the Mayen Ruins trip is Costa Maya, it was okay, but the catermeran trip was excellent.

Terri
Old March 31st, 2005, 09:57 AM
coralcove

We will also be on that sailing on Holiday during that week. (myself my husband and Daughter age 5) Can't wait !!!
You may want to pack your bathing suits in your carry-on...after you board the ship it may take awhile before receiving the rest of your luggage. The pool is a great way to kill the time. Also this ship does not have hair dryers...don't forget yours. See you there.
Old March 31st, 2005, 09:16 PM
Beginner

Our group of 18 family and friends ( all women ages range from 20's - 60's ) will be on the same sailing as your family. Only 4 in our group has cruised before. This is my first time cruising and I am soooooooo excited. I agree these boards are a highway of information. Hopefully we will have beautiful weather for the week. It will be an experience none of us will forget. Have a great cruise, I intend to.

Dawn

Old March 31st, 2005, 11:15 PM
Joy L

Default Re: Re: Holiday cruise

Dawn, sounds like you will be having a blast. We are so excited, we can't stand it!maybe we'll meet!
Joy
Old April 1st, 2005, 07:14 AM
debra

I've cruised on the Holiday twice out of Mobile - once in October and again in March. For the money, it's a great trip! It's an older ship but well maintained. The crew was eager to please and the food was good. It can be a little confusing to get to the dining rooms because of the location of the galley but you'll catch on to that. They serve high tea on the days at sea which is nice (as if they don't feed you enough anyway). You can also do "self-assist" disembarkation.... just don't be surprised at how disorganized that procedure may appear. The parking garage is covered except for the top floor so get there early for a covered space. The spa is wonderful but be prepared for some high pressure sales tactics there. Have a fun trip!

Veendam - 2003
Grandeur of the Seas - 2004
Holiday - 2004
Holiday - 2005
Zenith - December 2005