Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 1st, 2005, 08:58 PM
patticake

Default jacques bearstows parents regard. hampton inn miami

thank you for the info. we have already made reservations for our night before cruise ont he victory. we needed three rooms for 11 people. my husband travels a lot so we had hilton honors points to use so we got one of the rooms free. we are paying $105 a night for theother two rooms. for breakfast just so there is something to eat i am sure we can manage. it has a pool for the kids on sat. night and afternoon and we have always liked the hampton inns. just wondered about this one.

what exactly did you mean when you said you would stay at a nicer place. is there something in particular that really was horrible about the rooms or bathrooms or the place in general.? i would like to know what kinds of places there are to eat lunch and dinner since we are arriving in miami airport at noon on saturday? how far is it to get to these places. we are transporting 11 people every time we get in taxis.

my husband says the reser. are made and that is where we ar staying. as he puts it. it is for one night, and all of us can survive. thanks for your info. though.
Sponsored Links
Old April 2nd, 2005, 08:09 AM
Familiar Face

Default Re: jacques bearstows parents regard. hampton inn miami

Ok, let me clarify a bit...........

It is at the least 2 miles to the port. We walked to the shoping area where all of the people were. That is a must see!
The Hampton Inn is small, only 2 stories as I recall. (we were on the first floor) No view.

There was no place close to eat that I can remember. We did look but may have missed something.
I would send a couple people out in a taxi, pick up a bunch of food and bring it back to the pool area. Or just head down to the port shopping area where they have EVERYTHING that you can think of to buy and eat!

Breakfast was continental, which to me was/is no better than OJ and a donut from White Hen.
JMHO anyway.
Our fault for not researching/paying more and getting something different.

I am spoiled by the Tampa Marriot Marina for LESS money!

The Hampton is clean and there is no real problem with it.
We just walked by so many nicer places that we were a bit disappointed in our choice.

Sorry to make it sound so dreary. Your cruise will make you forget about it anyway!
Old April 2nd, 2005, 09:45 PM
borntocruise

Patticake, I agree with your husband, its only ONE night. Don't sweat the small stuff!!!!!

jp
Old April 4th, 2005, 09:02 AM
BoosterMom

Patticake: I agree with other posters........it is for only one night. If it's clean, they have coffee and a pool for the kids, what else do you need? Hey, you are about to go on a cruise, just get a good night's sleep and look forward to boarding that ship.

I know from your other posts that you have planned this trip for your family. I can guarantee you that they are not going to sit around and say, "Boy I wish she hadn't booked us here, I'd rather stay down the street closer to whatever." They had better be saying, "Thank you, thank you thank you for this wonderful trip." Again, I have never had a bad stay at Hampton Inn. I do know the reason that their locations are not always prime is that they buy cheaper, less centrally located properties to help keep the costs down so that we can keep getting those nice continental breakfasts and clean rooms. Enjoy your stay, use up those honors points and have a great cruise.
Old April 5th, 2005, 05:58 AM
Familiar Face

"it is for only one night. If it's clean, they have coffee and a pool for the kids"

Yup!

Again, there is nothing wrong with the hotel, I new it was 2 miles from the port when we booked it.
I just wish that we would have spent another $50-$75 more and got a hotel larger & closer.

$210.00 for 3 rooms in Miami can't be beat. Congrats!
It would cost that (or more) for 1 room closer to the port.

What I am saying is that next time we will spend more and stay somewhere closer.
Old April 5th, 2005, 09:13 AM
Cruise Maniac

which hampton inn are you talking about ... I am staying at the Blue Lagoon property and it is a hot breakfast if I am not mistaken ...

Candy

1st Cruise Fantasy 2004
Old April 5th, 2005, 10:31 AM
patticake

we ate at the downtown hampton inn on brickell ave jusst two miles from the port. i think they do have hot items on breakfast menu. some one had mentioned to m e that it was just donuts and coffee and i was worried, but ichecked with the hotel personally and found out it is a lot more. thanks to everyone for their responses to my concerns.