Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 2nd, 2005, 11:46 AM
Kricken13

Default Parking in New Orleans

We are driving from Houston, TX to New Orleans in May for our cruise on the Conquest. We plan to park our vehicle at the port for the week we are gone. Has anyone ever had any problem with that? I am wondering how safe my vehicle will be.......
Sponsored Links
Old April 2nd, 2005, 02:59 PM
debra

Default Re: Parking in New Orleans

DH and I cruised out of New Orleans in March 2004. We left the vehicle there and had no problems whatsoever. Try to get there as early as you can to park in the cruise terminal lot. We boarded the Grandeur around noon with no problems at all.
Old April 2nd, 2005, 05:48 PM
sls

If you get there too early the parking lot at the pier won't be cleared out. Another option in the Fulton St/Hertz garage. There is a free shuttle that will take you from there to the pier (3 blocks maybe). If you park at the pier it is uncovered and you have to pay in advance with cash. The garage you pay afterward and can put it on a credit card.

sls
Old April 2nd, 2005, 06:35 PM
Yeoman

Send a message via Yahoo to karessamom

With all the construction, i'm not even sure you can park at the port anymore--correct me if wrong, but it seems i've heard something to that nature?? You might opt for Fulton st. Garage as mentioned earlier.

Old April 2nd, 2005, 07:44 PM
Cruise Maniac

A warning about parking garages....... Make sure your auto isn't under a gap in the road above you. My truck sat for a week in FL, the salt water from rains dripped on the hood of my truck & embedded that salt into the hood & down the bumper. Took alot of work to buff it out.
Old April 4th, 2005, 01:33 PM
sscruz

I was at the port a week ago and there was alot of construction. I wasn't sure I could get back to the Carnival Dock , I did drive past it , but there were tractors and construction everywhere.
Old April 4th, 2005, 03:05 PM
cali-croozer

Because of the construction, there's no parking at the port; but there are several garages that are accepting cruise passengers and provide a free shuttle to/from. Go to the port of New Orleans website.........it has all the details for those who need parking information.