Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 5th, 2005, 11:14 AM
First Mate

Default beach at dunns rivers falls, ocho rios jamaica

can anyone describe the area at the bottom of the dunns river falls. i am picturing a giant waterfall emptying onto a sandy beach. some people have described it as a beach where . this is the area where you enter the falls and pay, correct. thanks
Sponsored Links
Old April 5th, 2005, 02:00 PM
Rose M

Default Re: beach at dunns rivers falls, ocho rios jamaica

The beach isn't all that great....there are lots of boats tied up off-shore and boat traffic going by so the water had a slick on the surface, engine oil, gas??? The water was cold because of the run-off from the falls. We booked an excursion thru Carnival and were dropped off at a small boat dock and because of security concerns, we were told to get off the catamaran with just our bathing suit on and to leave all our personal belongings on the catamaran, little did I know they would not be waiting for us at the dock....as soon as everyone got off, the catamaran pulled away and did not return until the shore excursion was over. We didn't even bring a towel with us when we got off, I'll never do that again. My grandson wanted to go in the water and we were shivering when we got out because the water was cold and we didn't even have a towel to wrap around us. There are no snack bars either. So, if you go, I would suggest you leave your money, credit cards, and ID on the boat but take a towel and something to drink.
Old April 5th, 2005, 06:40 PM
Admiral

The beach is fiarly nice and shallow. There is a small pier that the ships tours tie up to. In some areas the water is clod from the fresh water of the falls running into it. You enter the falls there for the climb upward however you enter the falls area and pay at the top. Only if you do the ships tour will you get off at the beach and leave from the beach as they take care of the fee for you. I never have really looked but now that they mention it I don't remember seeing anyone selling drinks there. You do have some bathrooms at the foot of the falls that do have attendants which you are supposed to tip.
Jim

Old April 5th, 2005, 07:14 PM
wayne murry

There is no giant waterfall onto the beach. Be sure to have water shoes for the climb up the falls. We went on a tour with carnival. No problems, great time . Have fun.