Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 7th, 2005, 05:40 PM
patticake

Default self debarking in miami

we have a group of 11 getting off the victory in july in miami. i am hoping i did not make our return plane reservation too early. carnival assured us through our ta that it would be ok. our plane leaves from miami airport at 12:55pm. i did not know that we will not be allowed to get off the ship until at least 11am. i was thinking we would be getting off the ship earlier than that. we have decided to take a one way transport ont he carnival shuttle. i also called carnival myself and told them my concern and they said no problem. however i read to them from the back of booklet, make no flights earlier than 2pm. i just hope everyone is not just saying ok to get rid of my bothering them what is this self debarkation all about? we made this flight early because the nex choice was almost 5pm. thanks
Sponsored Links
Old April 7th, 2005, 05:46 PM
JNKY

Default Re: self debarking in miami

We self-debarked the Fascination last October, and were off the ship by 8:00 am, if that helps! Of course, it was a madhouse GETTING off, but we made it...HA
Old April 7th, 2005, 10:55 PM
CherylR

The last two times we went on the Victory we were let off between 9 and 9:45am after the ship cleared customs. Depending on your luggage tag color it could be earlier since we always seemed to be one of the last groups called , but if there is any problem and it is getting late, let the pursor know and they will get you off to make your flight. The 1255pm flight should be perfectly fine. Like JNKY said, it is a madhouse in the terminal getting your luggage as if all chaos has broken loose, and with 11 of you trying to find all your bags, I suggest you tie the handles with the same color bandana or store bag so your bags stand out easier. We have thought about using red bandanas this year but have previously used a cut in half store bag from Burdines which is pink and stays fluffed up so we can see it amidst the endless black bags. Hope this helps!
Old April 8th, 2005, 04:42 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to Linda A

Talk to Carnival. We were on Victory 3 weeks ago and they let you get off at 7:30am. You had to carry all of your luggage off with you. We chose not to because we wanted a little more sleep and we had 11 pieces of luggage with 6 of us. We were also staying in Miami so we did not have to worry.

Linda A.