Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 8th, 2005, 06:51 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Ever lost your sign & sail card?

Yep! My husband lost his on our last cruise. I was PETRIFIED - he was cool as a cucumber and kept saying 'I am not the first person to ever loosed their card' - which I can say now.....makes sense........but at the time - I was sick I was so nervous.

Luckily, he still had his license and I had my sign & sail with my license so we were able to prove to the pier inspectors that we did indeed belong on a particular ship. Once we arrived at the gangway to board the ship, my husband and I were asked to step aside where the security officer asked my husband questions that you would only know if you had been onboard the ship. We were then able to board the ship and had to go to the pursars desk and a new card was generated for him.

All in all it worked out fine, but in the end..............DO NOT LOOSE YOUR CARD. I can not imagine what would have had to take place had he not had a picture i.d. and me with all of my documents.....................here comes the disposable gloves ....ha-ha.

Would love to hear any of your 'horror' stories so my husband can feel assured he was not the first.

Sponsored Links
Old April 8th, 2005, 08:49 AM
Passenger

Default Re: Ever lost your sign & sail card?

My 9 year old son lost his in Costa Maya, he too was petrified that they were going to make him stay in Mexico by himself. Everyone was terrific, just very gently asked him a couple of questions about the ship and the cabin (which thank goodness he could answer), then the same by the porters on the ship. We went to the purser's desk and got him a new one, where he was assured that it happens several times during every cruise.

Suzanne
Old April 8th, 2005, 09:14 PM
cali-croozer

I always collect everyone's sail and sign at port since I'm usually the only one with a hip-pack or beach bag. So far, so good. However, my son did lose his on the ship; went to the purser's desk for a replacement. He didn't have charging priveleges so I didn't have to worry about that. Somebody had posted that there were safeguards in place to prevent somebody from using another persons card, but I'm not aware of what they would be.......anyone know?
Old April 8th, 2005, 11:16 PM
First Mate

If you like to party when off the ship try to make it back to the ship with the person who is carring your card. Our friends stood at the gangway for an hour. Her hubby had the card he was passed out on the bed. When they called the room he said his wife was on the ship. But she was not. She was ready to call home for a airplane ticket. Finaly when they blew the horn on the ship. she took off running and got past the gurad and on to the ship. Was he in big troube when he woke up.From now on she will carry her own card.

Destiny,Rhapsody ,Conquest x2
Old April 10th, 2005, 01:43 PM
Cruise Maniac

My daughter lost hers on a beach. They let us on the ship within a few minutes and then she got a new one at the purser's desk. They were very nice about it. I bet it happens often, especially with kids.
Old April 10th, 2005, 02:46 PM
First Mate

Send a message via Yahoo to TC(Top-Cat)

In Mexico two years ago on the Conquest, we were in Mexico and were about to board the ship before sailing in about 45 minutes.

Well I was going to run through that shopping thingy right there at the pier to pick up a couple of odds and inns for our girls and DH was going to go ahead back on the ship and go to the gym.

Well I shopped a few minutes, picked up my purchases and went to pay. When I opened by waist pack and got my wallet out, all I had was my VISA and a small amount of cash. Then it dawned on me that I had asked my husband to hold my ID's for me right after we through the Mexican Guard that stands at the entrance to the pier and check's ID, while I adjusted packages that we had already bought.

I had NO ID and I was FREAKING OUT.

Now we had two cabins, one in my name, one in DH, however we had two teens who stayed in one cabin and us in the other. That meant that my S&S card fit their door.

I ran to the boaarding gate terrified that I would be left in Mexico with a Visa card and no ID. Turned out that DH went to our cabin and tried to open the door with my card. It didn't work so he took a good look at and realized that he had my card. He also new that I would be freaking out. When I got to the gangway, he was there waiting. My knight in shinning armour! Man was I relieved.

What is real funny is that he actually boarded the ship using my card. Now we don't look a thing alike. The reason we knew that he had used my card is because they paged him about 15 minutes after pulling away from the dock, thinking he was still in Mexico.

On Glory - 05-06-06

Sensation,Jubilee ,Maj.of the Seas,Conquest, Victory.