Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 8th, 2005, 09:29 AM
asf

Default Elation cruise/good or bad?

Our family of 10 is going on a Christmas cruise on the Elation leaving out of Galveston. We have ages 55 on down to 3. I have read many reviews of this cruise and am getting concerned that we made a wrong choice choosing a cruise. Soooo many folks are commenting on the bad food, long lines and noisy guests. Should I cancel and find an all inclusive resort instead? Any positive feedback would be appreciated!
Sponsored Links
Old April 8th, 2005, 10:30 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Elation cruise/good or bad?

We were on the Elation and January and found none of the problems you are talking about. We loved it. There was a group of 5 of us, all in our early 30's. Some of us enjoyed the quiet side of cruising while others wanted to be doing something all of the time. Each of us found exactly what we were looking for. We found the food to be good, and the people for the most part were very friendly. We enjoyed ourselves so much that we booked another cruise on the Elation for next Jan. the week after we got back. If you have any specific questions I would be happy to answer them.

Old April 8th, 2005, 12:12 PM
M.A.

We just returned from a seven-day cruise on the Elation out of Galveston. My two teenaged daughters, my sister and I were generally pleased with the ship, its cleanliness and decor (which can be an eyeful), and food. If I were to go on this type of ship again, however, I would not book a room on the Empress deck, mid-section. While being on the higher level was convenient, our hallway was fairly heavily used, and late-night passersby tended to use their "outside" voices more often than we would have otherwise wished. Debarkation was pretty much a muddled series of hurry-up-and-wait lineups; maybe 30 per cent more frustrating than what I remember from another Carnival cruise on Inspiration in February 2004.

By the way, Galveston is a fun town to explore. Neat historic district (the Strand) near the port. Have fun.
Old April 8th, 2005, 02:06 PM
First Mate

We were on the Elation this past Christmas and it was wonderful. We are in our fifties and had our teenage son with us. He loved the Elation. The food and service was wonderful. We have been on about 14 cruises and the Elation is at the top of our favorites. Last summer we took our sons on the Conquest which is a larger ship, but
the son that was with us this time preferred the Elation over the Conquest. His only complaint was that the arcade was smaller on the Elation, but he still had a great time. He wants to go back on the Elation for his upcoming 18th birthday. My sister and her family and two other couples she knows just took the Elation for Spring Break. They had a fabulous time also. You will have a great time on the Elation.
Old April 8th, 2005, 03:40 PM
Bills

We had a blast. Just got back last week. We have kids 10, 9 and 3. Camp Carnival was the best thing on the trip according to our kids.

Food, service and the entire experience was awesome.

Only drawback was the Cozumel had 8 cruise ships in. Made for a crowded time, but what do you expect at Spring Break.

Have a great time and we will definitely cruise again when my checkbook allows!!
Old April 18th, 2005, 08:37 PM
MGJ

Just came across your post - we were on the Elation last June (self, husband, two teenage daughters) and are booked again this summer - guess that says it all - we were pleased -
we only book cabins on the Veranda deck and appreciate the peace and quiet up there. There's something for everyone of all ages on board - of course as perfect as last year was, I'm prepared for things to be not quite as nice this time around - would I be naive to think two cruises could be perfect?! Seriously - I think your large group will be pleased and have a great time.
Old April 19th, 2005, 01:57 PM
Passenger

Send a message via MSN to Christina S

I will be on it for the 3rd time in January, and if I did't like i would not be taking my honeymoon on it.
Old April 20th, 2005, 08:38 AM
Happy Camper

We've cruised on her twice as well. Once out of LA when she was doing the Mexican Riviera and once out of Galveston with my father in law who is handicapped. The crew couldn't have been more wonderful to him and his wife - always helping and offering to get things for him in the alternate dining and I was getting jealous! haha Wonderful ship and even he had a good time and he was set against it from the start. That really says something! You'll have a great time - just keep an open mind - all vacations are what you make of it. If you haven't cruised before it is well worth a try just this once - be careful though they are very addicting!!!! 18 cruises later and I can't wait for the next one! Debbie