CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/)
-   -   No Conquest in Cozumel? (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/203215-no-conquest-cozumel.html)

HappyCruiser383 April 8th, 2005 12:53 PM

No Conquest in Cozumel?

I've been watching the Cozumel web cam and don't see the Conquest there today. Is she having problems? There doesn't seem to be any weather problems. ??

Islandguy April 8th, 2005 01:08 PM

Re: No Conquest in Cozumel?

Does anyone else see the irony of having a group of people primarily of Anglo-saxon and European descent visiting places like Cozmel, Belize, just about any of the Caribbean islands, on a vessel called the "Conquest"?

Wouldn't that make the passengers "Conquestadors"?

Chyna April 8th, 2005 01:41 PM

Good one! lol

HappyCruiser383 April 8th, 2005 01:46 PM

That is cute! Now go find the Conquestadors! LOL

Yuyi64 April 8th, 2005 11:12 PM

No Subject

HappyCruiser, which webcam are you looking at? I didn't think there were any webcams at the Puerta Maya pier where the Conquest docks.

Post Edited (04-08-05 23:16)

HappyCruiser383 April 9th, 2005 07:45 AM

Did I completely goof that up? Dummy me, I didn't think there was more than one dock in such a small island. I guess there could be. I'll go see which dock the web cam is at.

Thanks!

HappyCruiser383 April 9th, 2005 08:03 AM

That's weird. It doesn't say what city the webcam is located or what dock. There has been at least one big cruise ship there everyday. ?? Go see Cozumelinsider.com
On Friday, when the "Conquestadors" were to dock, there was nothing.

Ya know what? I think there may be a spot for a ship right out of camera view. OH well, maybe I'll just go get on the ship next week and find out for myself! LOL

Yuyi64 April 9th, 2005 08:17 AM

There are three cruise ship piers in Cozumel. Puerta Maya (used primarily by Carnival and its affiliated cruise lines), the International Pier (used primarily by RCCL and its affiliates) and Punta Langosta (mostly used by NCL and other cruise lines). Most of the Cozumel webcams I've seen point towards the Punta Langosta/downtown area.

BobM April 9th, 2005 08:20 AM

How do you get into the casamel web site?
thnaks bob

beenie weenie April 9th, 2005 08:43 AM

There are definitely two ports in Cuzumel. One of our dining companions decided to explore the town and when she went to return to the ship the taxi actually dropped her off at the wrong one and she nearly didn't make it back on the ship in time.

HappyCruiser383 April 10th, 2005 08:34 AM

I never would have figured an island that small would have had more than one dock for these big ships. I do think that the dock I'm seeing is the correct one as I see other Carnival ships there daily and it looks like the same dock we were on last time. I could still be full of beans though!

Bob, do an internet search for Cozumel webcams or search for Cozumel Insider. There are also webcams for other ports like New Orleans (the ship is there now). The Jamaica webcam was down the last time I checked.

Thanks for all your help!

A

Rob M. April 10th, 2005 08:51 AM

The pic in the webcam is of the other pier where RCCL docks.

The Carnival Pier is different and has the long shopping mall at it, which would show in the webcam if it was pointed at that pier.

sunnymom02 April 12th, 2005 02:19 PM

Yes, the Conquest docked on Friday April 8th! I was on the ship :) As far as I know, there were no problems. Have a nice cruise. It was fun!!!

Sunnymom02

HappyCruiser383 April 12th, 2005 05:30 PM

Hi Sunnymom! Welcome back! How was cruise? Any rough seas?

Rob, You're right. How could I forget about the shops? My kids are going to think I'm a failure of a mom! LOL

sunnymom02 April 13th, 2005 03:02 PM

The cruise was excellent! The seas were pretty smooth except for 1 night. We were going from Jamaica to GC and the swells were aprox 4-7 feet. (which really does not seem very high) but the waves were hitting on the side of the ship which caused some rocking from side to side. (as the ship was not "busting" through the waves). Other than that night, smooth sailing :) I would go on this ship in a heart beat! If you have any other questions, please ask. You will have fun.

Sunnymom02

Conquest 4/2005
Sensation 2/2003

HappyCruiser383 April 13th, 2005 03:26 PM

Was the CD very good? I heard the CD is Steve Casale(??) but I think he rotated out. ?? Did you go to any of the R-rate comedy shows? Tell me . . Tell me! I can't hardly stand the suspence!

sunnymom02 April 13th, 2005 03:31 PM

The CD was Todd Wittner (sp?). He was very good I though! We did go to the R rated comedy. The first one we went to was a guy with a vantrilliquest (sp?) And we did not care for him that much. The second guy was good, but I do not remember his name. And the third guy we saw was a guy called "fat kat" and he was pretty ok. So I guess the middle show was the good one and I can't remember his name!! Sorry:(

Sunnymom02

Rob M. April 13th, 2005 07:56 PM

HappyCruiser, make sure you go to the magic show called "DEJA"

Oh MY GOD IT WAS the best thing ever!!!!

HappyCruiser383 April 14th, 2005 12:45 PM

Thanks Rob! Pretty good magic show huh?

I can't hardly wait!!! I've done everything except put on the suntan lotion!