Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 8th, 2005, 08:48 PM
Cabbage

Default Hotel Stay Tampa

Looking for suggestions for a hotel stay before our cruise out of Tampa on 7-31-05. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old April 8th, 2005, 11:14 PM
CherylR

Default Re: Hotel Stay Tampa

If you are looking for a nice property downtown, I am a travel agent and highly recommend either the Marriott Westshore, the Rennaisance Grand Vinoy resort, or the Hyatt downtown. This is where most of my corporate clients stay. I don't know what places are very close to the port though. Hope that helps!
Old April 9th, 2005, 05:50 AM
spike

How long does it take to get from the pier to the Tampa Airport (TPA)?? I Need to book flights.
Old April 9th, 2005, 06:10 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Darcy

Spike:

About 15-20 min.

Cabbage:

We stayed at Chase Suites last year and really liked it, but there were five of us so we needed something that provided room for that many. This year its just my husband and I in April so we're staying at the Doubletree Westshore which I got on Priceline for $60/night and in August I'm staying at the Wyndham Westshore which I got on Hotwire for $78/night.

Darcy

Monarch of the Seas 3/06
Carnival Inspiration 8/05
Carnival Miracle 4/05
Carnival Inspiration 4/04
Sovereign of the Seas 4/03
Old April 9th, 2005, 06:13 AM
Passenger

I have heard it takes about 20 minutes from TPA to the port. We are staying at a Days Inn in downtown Tamps before we sail. I will post when we get back about the hotel. I am not expecting too much it is only going to be $45 a night but hey they have a pool....lol

Old April 9th, 2005, 07:10 AM
bjkeen

I'm a Tampa native. It depends on how much $ you want to spend. Down town Tampa has the Radisson Riverside (1 mile from cruise terminal). There are other hotels dt. Also Harbor Island is just a couple of miles away and they have the Wyndam Hotel there. Mariott Hotel is close to the terminal. Another cruise group stayed at the Hilton dt. They went to one of the dot coms. I think www.priceline.com and put in a bid of $45.00 and got an expensive dt hotel rooms in Feb. Ybor City has Hampton Inn (a few miles north of the terminal). So you have to decide how much money you would like to spend. And how close do you want to be to the terminal. I saw the Embassy Suites at Westshore last night (a 30 min. ride). It is near the Westshore Mall. If I can be of assistance to you, feel free to email me at peachyke1@yahoo.com
Old April 9th, 2005, 07:29 AM
Familiar Face

The closest place to stay which we really enjoyed......

Tampa Marriott Waterside Hotel & Marina!

5 minutes from Channelside, Tampa Port, Ybor City, and adjacent to the convention center.

Perfect!
Old April 9th, 2005, 08:48 AM
Cabbage

We will be booking 3 rooms and since this is our first cruise, we are looking for a hotel that includes transportation from the airport to the hotel and from the hotel to the port. We are willing to spend up to about $100 for the night for each room. Any suggestions on hotels which include transportation? Thanks again, I love this web site.
Old April 9th, 2005, 05:22 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Darcy

Cabbage

The only hotels I found that included transportation from the airport to the hotel and then from the hotel to the pier were a lot more than $100/night. Chase Suites is one that does. You have to buy Ship/Shore package which is about $179/night. That's why we decided to do priceline. Both the Doubletree and the Wyndham offer transportation from the airport. It will only cost about $20 from the hotel to the pier via taxi. I got the Doubletree room on priceline for $60.

Darcy

Monarch of the Seas 3/06
Carnival Inspiration 8/05
Carnival Miracle 4/05
Carnival Inspiration 4/04
Sovereign of the Seas 4/03
Old April 10th, 2005, 06:57 AM
bjkeen

Radisson Riverside, dt has transportation to the ship. I do know how much the rooms are though.
Old April 10th, 2005, 07:37 AM
Admiral

Call the LaQuinta Tampa Airport. It is not a real fancy hotel but the rooms are clean, the staff is nice, there is a pool and you get free continental breakfast. They have a free shuttle that picks you up at the airport but I think there is a small charge for the shuttle to the pier. I have stayed at this hotel many times and have never had a problem. Whatever you do don't stay at the Sheraton Tampa Suites.

Old April 10th, 2005, 07:54 PM
Big Craig

Baymont Inn in Brandon is the place we stayed, only 10 minutes to the port, Brandon is a suburb of Tampa and has everything you want and good restaurants, ie Don Pablos, Shells, Etc etc
The mini suites are $8 more then a reg room and very large with a king bed and sleeper sofa, next time we go to tampa we will stay here.
Old April 10th, 2005, 08:15 PM
Kelly00

HI last sept. we were in tampa and stayed at the court yard marriott very close to port and it was a little over a 100 a night i think they do shuttle you to the port because its like 5 min from it if that. hope i helped Kelly
Old April 16th, 2005, 10:18 PM
Iliana Blair

Default Re: Re: Hotel Stay Tampa

I found that the DoubleTree hotel Westshore by Tampa airport provides free shuttle to the airport and to the port. Another is LaQuinta with a special for $139 that does the same and picks you up from your arrival from the cruise and takes you back to the airport.
Old April 17th, 2005, 07:56 AM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to RICKinFL Send a message via MSN to RICKinFL

Hi, I just booked at the Westshore Best Western for a stay,park and sail package here is web site if ya care to check it out.. Have a great Cruise...Rick
http://www.thewestshorehotel.com/home.html