Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 9th, 2005, 01:48 PM
wacmckee

Default cabin assignment

We're getting ready for our first cruise (May 2). We booked an inside room guarantee. At what point will we be able to find out where our cabin will be? Thanks in advance for your help.
Sponsored Links
Old April 9th, 2005, 03:52 PM
Passenger

Default Re: cabin assignment

Hi wacmckee,
Rollerdonna's hubby here (using my alternate e-mail) We are in a similar situation as youself. We have a guaranteed balcony cabin for the 24th April but no stateroon assignment. Apparently, according to Carnival,when you arrive at the port the people who will take your baggage will have a list of the guaranteed cabin assignments and will tag your bags accordingly with the deck color tag you've been given along with of course your cabin number. At least I HOPE this is the way it works!!!!

Old April 9th, 2005, 06:28 PM
Jd

Hello all from what I have learned in past cruises when you land at the airport if it is the same day of your cruise the carnival rep will meet you and tell you what cabin you are in.. Good luck Justin
Old April 9th, 2005, 07:03 PM
Admiral

We booked a GTY on the Inspiration a few years back. What happened was (we drove to the port) when we arrived the porter had a manifest with one of our names on it (they pick one passenger from each cabin to do the manifest under and it happened to be our 10 yr old daughter ) and they pulled the correct tag colors, attached it to all our checked baggage and wrote the cabin number on them all. We were also given the cabin number so we knew. It was pretty simple.

Old April 9th, 2005, 07:51 PM
Admiral

It is also possible that your cabin assignment will be listed on your documents that should arrive before you sail. Our 1st cruise we didn't know until we got to the pier (kinda exciting that way...) our last one, we knew about 4 weeks out.

dorothy

Carnival Elation
Carnival Elation March 11
Carnival Imagination Sept 07
Carniival Sensation Dec 06
RCI Sovereign of the Seas Sept 06
Carnival Miracle Sept 05
Carnival Glory Sept 04
Carnival Fantasy Jan 04
Old April 10th, 2005, 08:01 AM
Passenger

I've heard if you log in at Carnival.com, complete the fun pass etc., then attempt to purchase something and your room number may show up as your going through the purchase process. Then just cancel the purchase.

Carnival Holiday '90
Old April 10th, 2005, 09:39 AM
Cruise Maniac

I booked a gty OV cabin, and the cabin assigned wasn't included in our docs. We found out when we got to the pier. We had carry on luggage, so it wasn't the porter who told us; we found out when we got our sign and sail cards before boarding. We ended up on the Upper Deck, aft, which wasn't much to my liking because all of the movement. This was my third cruise, the first two being in the Riviera Deck, and I loved being on the Riviera deck, but the Upper Deck aft was a piece of work.
Old April 11th, 2005, 12:59 AM
Captain

We also have sailed twice where we did not find out until we got to the pier. We always take our mailing stickers ( you know the one's you use for you return address when you mail a letter), I add the our phone number to them ahead of time and then when we get our appropreiate colored luggage tags we can quickly attach them, write our cabin number and check our luggage with the porter. Have a great trip.

ROMANS 8:28

VIKING SERENADE 1993
HOLIDAY 1995
HOLIDAY 1997
HOLIDAY 1998
ECTASY 1999
ELATION 2000
STAR PRINCESS 2002
SPIRIT 2003
NCL STAR 2004
PRIDE 2005
PRIDE 2006
PARADISE 2007
MS OOSTERDAM 2008
SPLENDOR 5/2010

Carnival Splendor
Old April 11th, 2005, 08:06 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to GloryCruiser

We had also booked an Inside Guaranty. When you get your documents, find the Sail and Sign card page. On the bottom of the back of that page there is a series of numbers that includes the booking number. On our documents, the 4 digits after that were the cabin number.
Old April 11th, 2005, 08:12 PM
CherylR

Like everyone said, you probably won't know until you get to the port. Personally, we like to pick our cabin assignments way in advance...with a guarantee you might end up somewhere good or it could be at the back of the ship rockin and rollin with the engines rumbling through your cabin all night. Not for me.
Old April 11th, 2005, 09:18 PM
Admiral

Those aft cabins sell out first, according to my TA. It's funny to hear that some people consider them a poor choice. We don't have any issues with ship movement, so are really looking forward to our aft balcony cabin. In fact, when we booked, we got the last one!

dorothy

Carnival Elation
Carnival Elation March 11
Carnival Imagination Sept 07
Carniival Sensation Dec 06
RCI Sovereign of the Seas Sept 06
Carnival Miracle Sept 05
Carnival Glory Sept 04
Carnival Fantasy Jan 04
Old April 12th, 2005, 04:35 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: cabin assignment

I booked a GTY ONCE....never again. We ended up at the back of the ship right above the motors and our bed actually vibrated the entire trip. It's good if you want a free massage all night but I could not sleep.

From now on we book Empress deck midship balcony and we haven't had a bad cabin since.

Old April 12th, 2005, 07:17 AM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Re: cabin assignment

the front of my documents said guaranty. but, as a previous poster stated, the last four
digits on the back had our cabin assignment.
Old April 12th, 2005, 07:39 AM
Cruise Maniac

I just recieved my docs yesterday. I didnt look at the back bottom of the S&S page. I'll take a look when I get home. The tags they gave me say Grey TBA.

So Ill look when I get home.
5-8-05 is coming fast......

Carnival Valor Western Carribean 04/30/2006