Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 11th, 2005, 08:42 AM
Colleens

Default Embarkment at San Diego/Spirit

I am getting mixed messages on the best time to go to the port in San Diego to board the Spirit. I usually go early (around 11) at other ports but I have heard San Diego is very hecitc and we should not try boarding until much later. Any one out there cruise the Spirit and can help out?
Sponsored Links
Old April 11th, 2005, 10:09 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Embarkment at San Diego/Spirit

Colleen,
We cruised the Spirit last November and arrived a little before 10 am...too early according to some. It was still very busy with passengers debarking and there were no porters to help. There is no parking right there at the port so everyone is shuttled over by a hotel or local public parking structure. We were dropped off by our hotel shuttle and joined a long line of excited new passengers. We had to drag our luggage with us for about 45 minutes until finally a porter came around and starting taking everyones luggage. This has never happened before and was not a pleasant experience. Once the luggage was picked up, we passed the fence area and were inside the building, check-in went fast. We only waited another 45 minutes until we embarked but we did go in with the handicapped and assisted passengers. We went straight to our room and put our carry-on in the closet, meeting our cabin steward right away so he knew it was ours and not left by the previous passengers.

That said, we are leaving from there again in 3 weeks with a different cruise line but don't plan to show before 10:30 am or 11 am. If you normally show up around 11 am, I think you will be fine. If you're sailing after me, feel free to Email me next month and I'll relay our experience. If you're sailing before me, please Email me and relay your experience. Thank you. Happy Cruising!!!

#36-Carnival Splendor 9/16/12
7 night Mexican Riviera
Retirement Celebration

#37-Allure of the Seas 11/11/12
7 night Eastern Caribbean

#38-Celebrity Solstice 4/8/13
17 night Tahiti -- Sydney-Honolulu
40th Anniversary Celebration

270 days at see; soon to be 302
Old April 11th, 2005, 10:21 AM
Colleens

Default Re: Re: Embarkment at San Diego/Spirit

Thanks for the update. Not sailing till after you ....darn. Hope your trip goes well.
Old April 11th, 2005, 12:30 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Harry Martin

Colleen, my friend just got back last month from the Spirit. She arrived at 1 p.m. and said check in was a breeze. She said they waited no more than a half-hour.

Harry

[b]Get Lei'd!
Old April 11th, 2005, 03:02 PM
Poker2pla

Just sailed the Spirit in March. Got to the port around 11:00. Plenty of porters, checkin was very quick and they started boarding at 11:30 . We were on board by 11:45 but ask not to go to cabin until 1 pm.

poke