Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 12th, 2005, 12:04 PM
Passenger

Default question to anyone,regarding sick about victory

Is it just the victory where you hear these horror stories, or are there other carnival ships that fall into the same woes? more specific, does anyone ever here these kinds of stories about RCL or NCL? I Know you would not probably hear any o these kinds of stories about celebrity or crystal or princess because they cater to an entire different kind of passenger. i hear people say to me all of the time, we will not go on carnival again because there are two many kids and two much noise and partying. I say to them, we are going on carnival because we have kids in the group want it to be a lively , fun , vacation. one last question, is the cost really the reason to pick carnival? lately people are telling me that RCL has prices that are the same as carnival for many of their cruises coming up. there must be people who choose carnival because they like it better, if they can get the same deal for the same amount of money on RCL. any feedback on this.
Sponsored Links
Old April 12th, 2005, 12:20 PM
Admiral

Default Re: question to anyone,regarding sick about victory

KP, yes you hear these stories about all ships and all lines with probably the exception of Crystal or Seaborn. You do, and I have heard them about RCI, NCL, HAL, Celebrity, Princess, Disney, etc. etc. Occasionally it might be pretty much complete bull but majority of the time it is indeed what the person complaining precieves. That is their right and thier honest opinion. You also have to figure in that you will see people on the same ship at the same time say somethng completely differant and some rave about how everything was perfect! There is no rhyme or reason for this except for differant perspectives and both people are equally right. The trick is to look at ALL the reports you can and try and find a middle ground.
Jim

Old April 12th, 2005, 01:05 PM
Admiral

I don't know the specific Victory story but I do know Carnival. The cruise line is very, very good in all area of food. Granted, "Murphy's Law" hits every cruise ship from time to time but if there is a problem, Carnival will be very quick to fix it.

www.cruisingfromnewyork.com/
Cruise news, bargains, tips and commentary.
Old April 12th, 2005, 01:31 PM
First Mate

I've have seen Carnival make numerous improvements over the years. They offer a product that is continually better each time.

Carnival Destiny 3-9-97
Carnival Sensation 3-14-98
Carnival Imagination 3-13-99
Carnival Spirit 3-8-03
Carnival Valor 3-20-05
Carnival Fantasy 9-1-05
Carnival Liberty 1-7-06
Carnival Legend 8-16-06
Carnival Miracle 5-16-09
Carnival Splendor 5-17-13

Carnival Sunshine
Old April 12th, 2005, 02:31 PM
Admiral

As we waited to disembark from a 7 day Bermuda cruise, we were just commenting on how it was one of our best, and it was. Upon overhearing us a nearby passenger took me to task. " it was the worst cruise ever" "food and service were horrible" He would never sail this cruise line again. So I questioned him more specifically as our views of the same cruise obviously could not be farther apart.
Bad Food. On the second day out he had breakfast in the dining room and was served a cold piece of toast. He never went back to the dining room for breakfast or lunch because of it. By the way, that was the "bad service ' comment as well.
This man had a horrific cruise experience and would never sail the cruise line again, ever. Why? Because of a cold piece of toast.
Please do not panic over anything negative you read here. Carnival puts out a very nice product. 900 people are going to be busting their butts to make your vacation you best ever.
Papa
Old April 12th, 2005, 02:50 PM
First Mate

Carnival's website has info on the blowdryers. Along with answers to other silly questions under FAQ's.

Carnival Destiny 3-9-97
Carnival Sensation 3-14-98
Carnival Imagination 3-13-99
Carnival Spirit 3-8-03
Carnival Valor 3-20-05
Carnival Fantasy 9-1-05
Carnival Liberty 1-7-06
Carnival Legend 8-16-06
Carnival Miracle 5-16-09
Carnival Splendor 5-17-13

Carnival Sunshine
Old April 12th, 2005, 03:17 PM
TDCRose

Default Re: Re: question to anyone,regarding sick about victory

Been on both Carnival and RCI. Both are family oriented and will have kids. Carnival did not seem to have anymore "partiers" then RCI. We have always loved our Carnival Cruises. Entertainment is better on Carnival IMHO. Unless you are sailing a Voyager Class ship, Carnival seems to have more activities then RCI. Food is also better on Carnival. Service is hit or miss on both lines. I believe Carnival is a better value for your dollar; but would definately sail RCI again. Your cruise is what you make it! A bad day cruising is better then a good day at work!
Old April 12th, 2005, 04:28 PM
papillon

Anne,

Nicely put. I personally respect your reviews. I have been on quite a few cruises and was taking my 1 st ncl cruise 2 years ago and was scared to death of the bad reviews. Your review put my mind at rest and now I find that I like NCL the best because I always get great upgades and I am a past cruiser. (I am a little prejudiced because of freestyle).

Thanks for your hard work
Old April 12th, 2005, 05:28 PM
JUGL11

I truly wish my only problem on the Victory had been a cold piece of toast. That lucky man! My food was good, except for the almost total lack of a late night buffet. But just about everything else was below average, starting with a poorly trained staff.
Old April 12th, 2005, 05:36 PM
geralyn

wow! just goes to show you?! i just got off the Victory on Sunday. It was one of my best cruises ever. we were a party of 20, almost al lof us past cruisers...everyne loved it. the service was excellent, especially the waiters. the food was top notch....if you are hungry late night, the pizza & ceasar salad & calzone is not to be missed! there were alot of kids, as it was spring break. i thought they were pretty well behaved myself. the ship is gorgeous, although it does take a day or two to figure out how to get to your dining room. the cruise director, dana and his staff (verbalicious especially) are so funny! we had one night of near gale winds and that shipped rocked and rolled like you wouldnt believe! they gave out free dramamine though and taped barf bags up all over the place. kind of made it a little adventurous if you ask me! the rooms, especially the bathroom have so much storage space, very well designed. any questions? ask away!
geralyn
Old April 12th, 2005, 07:16 PM
Admiral

To the person that made untrue accusations and a personal attack on the integrity of the staff here, I deleted your post as it was completely uncalled for and untrue. I would write to you in private and explain this but you are not registered. Read the TOS please, personal attacks are not allowed, even if you direct them at this website. Your remarks could also be libelous unless you can prove that implication and you cannot as I know it to be false.
Jim