Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 12th, 2005, 01:16 PM
ads2280

Default Holiday Inn Bayside - Miami

We are going to be staying at this hotel prior to our June 5th cruise out of Miami. Will it be difficult to get taxis to the port from this location? It is supposedly 2 miles from the port, and we were just hoping that so many cruisers stay here, that there will be an abundance of taxis close by. Any help would be appreciated. THANKS!
Sponsored Links
Old April 12th, 2005, 01:44 PM
patticake

Default Re: Holiday Inn Bayside - Miami

I hear from everyone that you will love itthere. i think it is very easy to get a taxi with no problem. we wanted to stay at this place when our cruise leaves in july on the victory. we tried to get three rooms for our group but they were full. i was very disappointed because i guess it is right across from the bayside marketplace which is a great place to go and walk around. so we are staying at the hampton inn, i think west of the airport. my husband secured two of the rooms there for free with his hilton honors points. that was a wonderful surprise. you will have a wonderful time at the holiday inn marina bayside and be sure to see the marketplace.
Old April 12th, 2005, 02:00 PM
First Mate

I've stayed there a couple times. Taxis are plentiful, just go out front with your luggage, they know cruisers stay there. It will be around $8 for a taxi to the pier, takes about 5 minutes.

Also, if you plan on spending time over at Bayside, be sure and pick up your coupon book for discounts (2 for 1 drinks, discounts on millionaire row boat trip, etc.)

Just print this page and take it to either Bubba Gumps or Hard Rock Cafe for your book:

http://www.baysidemarketplace.com/ShopDine/Coupon.htm

Bayside is a great place to spend a day.

Celebration 2/96
Imagination 2/97
Fascination 12/97
Imagination 3/99
Spirit 11/01
Sensation 1/02
Pride 11/02
Voyager of the Seas 5/03
Conquest 10/04
Conquest 10/29/06
Inspiration 11/08
Celebrity Solstice 2/09
Oasis of the Seas 10/16/10
Old April 12th, 2005, 02:33 PM
Passenger

I stayed there in May 2003 for my first cruise and loved the hotel very much. It was very clean and the staff were very friendly. I liked the hotel so much that I am staying there again this year May 6,2005 day before my May 7 cruise and the day after my cruise.

I think that you made a good choice in hotels and there are lots of cabs and shuttles that go to the port. Have a great stay

Old April 12th, 2005, 02:59 PM
Cruise Maniac

I stayed in the Holiday Inn Port of Miami, it was very close and I had no complaints. I think any hotel with in a couple of miles of the port would be a good choice, especially hotel chains such as the Holiday Inn.