CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/)
-   -   Are there irons in the state rooms (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/203325-there-irons-state-rooms.html)

MJ April 13th, 2005 01:11 PM

Are there irons in the state rooms

We are going on R.C. Explorer of the Sea in a few weeks my wife has to iron everything. She also wondered about a washer dryer on board, heck I thought we were going on a vaction?

Jocko the Cruiser April 13th, 2005 01:23 PM

Re: Are there irons in the state rooms

I don't know about RCI, but I think on at least some Carnival ships they have self-service room with washers, dryers, and irons.

CA Cruiser April 13th, 2005 01:43 PM

MJ, RCI doesn't have self-service laundry rooms but they do offer laundry services including pressing for a nominal fee. We always take a travel iron with us and are very careful with it. I have heard if they see it in your luggage they take them away but I've been lucky so far. We'll see what happens in 17 days! WOO HOO!!

TC(Top-Cat) April 13th, 2005 02:05 PM

Cruiselines see irons as a fire hazard in the cabins and that is why they don't allow them. I can understand that. You might try taking Downey Wrinke Release as an option.

Funny that they allow you to smoke in you cablin. i would think that would even be a bigger hazzard if one had had too much to drink and fell asleep smoking.

oh well, go figure....

Lynn Shaw April 17th, 2005 10:27 AM

We just got back from the Carnival Triumph. We did take a travel iron with us but didn't need it as once everything was hung up, the wrinkles came out. They did have a self service laundry/ironing room but I only met one person who made use of it.

Jim Bragg April 17th, 2005 12:02 PM

RCI does not have passenger laundry rooms so you have to send it out to get it pressed. CCL has irons in the self serve laundry rooms. Irons are not allowed iun cabins as a fire hazard. When you pack, place those plastic bags you get from the dry cleaners over your clothes, I do not know why but it does help prevent wrinkles. Otherwise carry a steamer.
Jim

bc3536 April 17th, 2005 02:22 PM

We use a travel steamer to steam out the wrinkles in our clothes. It works great

Landlubber April 17th, 2005 07:38 PM

No irons in the cabins,only in the .....brig!

jknichols April 17th, 2005 07:52 PM

I also take a travel iron. I am very careful with it, but I still bought one with an automatic shut-off just in case I forget.