CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/)
-   -   Question for people who have sailed on CCL Legend out of NYC (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/203327-question-people-who-have-sailed-ccl-legend-out-nyc.html)

525600 April 13th, 2005 01:34 PM

Question for people who have sailed on CCL Legend out of NYC

1) Are there refrigerators in all the cabins? (I have an extended balcony cabin)
2) Are there safes in all the cabins?
3) What time were you able to board?
4) How much non-alchoholic beverages did people bring on with them (or got away with?? : )
5) What complimentary beverages do they offer during the day? (i.e. iced tea, lemonade, etc.)?
6) Do they give you complimentary juice at breakfast?

I think thats it!

Thanks! : )

Jocko the Cruiser April 13th, 2005 02:04 PM

Re: Question for people who have sailed on CCL Legend out of

I've not been on the Legend but I think I can answer your questions.

1. Yes
2. Yes
3. Problably starts at 12-1
4. as much as you can pack in checked luggage
5. iced tea, lemondade, fruit punch, coffee, tea, hot chocolate
6. yes, but it is from a machine

Have fun!

SnowWhiteNYC April 16th, 2005 01:15 PM

Hi!
My husband and I sailed on the Legend out of NYC last August. We boarded before 12, because we were up on deck eating by 12.
I believe we got there around 10:30 am.
We had a reg. balcony and no refrigerator.
You can get juice, water, coffee, tea (iced tea) all day without paying.
My husband and I brought on a case of bottled water, and 2 cases of Pepsi. On ship they only have Coke products and you have to pay. We had a collapsible cooler which we kept in our room. We've done this each time we cruised.
We also brought on a bottle of wine, a 12-pack of beer and a bottle of pre-mixed (just need ice) margaritas and a mini-blender for the crushed ice. No questions asked and no problems.
We tipped the steward when we first met him and he kept our cooler filled with ice all week.
We had a fantastic time on the ship. I know you will too. It's great to sail out of NYC.
Enjoy!
Snow

SJ April 16th, 2005 04:31 PM

We were on the Legend but sailed out of Ft. Lauderdale but that shouldn't affect the answers to your questions.

1. We saw many rooms as were part of a group of 51. All had refrigerators. You may have to have your cabin steward to unlock it, though.
2. All the rooms we saw had safes.
3. We boarded before 12 noon
4. Didn't carry any soda with us as we don't really drink it. The ship's water is very good, though and ice from your ice bucket which your cabin steward fills or from Unicorn.
5. Iced tea, lemondade, fruit punch, coffee, tea, hot chocolate, apple juice was available 24 hours up in the Unicorn
6. Orange juice was available at Unicorn, at Truffles, and with room service.

Meals April 26th, 2005 08:53 PM

Re: Re: Question for people who have sailed on CCL Legend ou

I was wondering, Where did you pack your cooler. Carry on or on board?
What type of cooler is it. And did you pack all the drinks on the carry on or in the luggage?
Thanks for your answers
Sailing the Legend May 2005
and starting to get ready
Also, any other hints or suggestions for the cruise?