Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 13th, 2005, 07:48 PM
maryanne

Default excursion with captain marvin in cayman, not the turtle farm

Hi out there. we have booked the half day excursion with captain marvin to sting ray city and then on to coral gardens for snorkeling and also the barrier reef for snorkeling. we could not fit the turtle farm in and be back at the ship for departure. i hope the kids in our group will not be missing something by not seeing the turtle farm. should we have just done the sting raycity trip come back to shore quickly and go to the turtle farm? they also offered that along with a tour of the town hell. i really wanted to stay on the boat longer and experience more snorkeling. waiting to hear fromm all of you.
Sponsored Links
Old April 13th, 2005, 08:25 PM
Passenger

Default Re: excursion with captain marvin in cayman, not the turtle

We did the Stingray City, snorkeling trip with Captain Marvins a few weeks ago. We also followed that with the Turtle Farm and Hell trip. Hell was just a gift shop and some strange rock formations, (it was fun to send postcards from Hell, but they just arrived a few days ago. I wouldn't visit Hell again.) We enjoyed the Turtle Farm and were allowed to catch and hold some of the turtles. My teenage sons even enjoyed this trip. I had looked at doing the longer snorkeling trip with Captain Marvins, but decided against it because we snorkeled in Jamaica, and had a snorkeling trip booked for Cozumel. We decided to do as many different things as possible.

Have a great trip. This was our first cruise and we're ready to go again!!!!!!!
Old April 16th, 2005, 01:08 PM
SnowWhiteNYC

Captain Marvin's is awesome....Did it last February- What a great time!
From what I heard, turtle farm is blah....
Doing Captain Marvin's again is just over a week. My husband and I are on the Miracle out of Tampa 4/24
Enjoy!
Old April 16th, 2005, 06:33 PM
kmdwn5

Where can we find this Captain Marvin on the web???? We are planning a trip soon and would like to find a good deal.
Old April 17th, 2005, 09:54 AM
SnowWhiteNYC

Default Re: Re: excursion with captain marvin in cayman, not the tur

He has a website. I found it by putting in his name in a search. Nice small group compared to the ship's excursions (20 people).
Enjoy.
Snowy