Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 14th, 2005, 01:57 PM
Passenger

Default Imagination is Fixed

The ship is fixed and going to Grand Caymen and Ocho Rio. Thank you.
Sponsored Links
Old April 14th, 2005, 02:01 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Imagination is Fixed

That's strange.

Carnival Destiny 3-9-97
Carnival Sensation 3-14-98
Carnival Imagination 3-13-99
Carnival Spirit 3-8-03
Carnival Valor 3-20-05
Carnival Fantasy 9-1-05
Carnival Liberty 1-7-06
Carnival Legend 8-16-06
Carnival Miracle 5-16-09
Carnival Splendor 5-17-13

Carnival Sunshine
Old April 14th, 2005, 02:07 PM
First Mate

Send a message via MSN to Eaky77

Yes it is Jocko..... wonder how they did it while in the water, and I thought that he said he got to go to Mexico, but already missed all the others. Hmmm, oh well

Erin
Old April 16th, 2005, 06:22 PM
Captain

Default Re: Re: Imagination is Fixed

well, it was not fixed, we sailed in to port on one propeller this morning in miami. Ship still had 160 people to disembark at 11:50am and so maybe they are able to fix it before it departs on the same itinerary today at 4pm. Carnival did give us all a $100 credit on the sail and sign and also 25% off with the next cruise, which made alot of people happy. We also had 5 great days of weather and got to see cozumel, so overall, it was a great trip
Old April 17th, 2005, 04:39 PM
greeneyes67

Default Re: Re: Re: Imagination is Fixed

I completely disagree. I sailed the Imagination this week as well. Correct me if I'm wrong but we paid port charges for two ports, Grand Cayman and Ocho Rios. We were refunded $100. Shouldn't port be cheaper for ONE port than it is for TWO? Besides Carnival owns / rents the pier at Cozumel so either way we were taken. Carnival refunded our port charge which was due to us. Oh, and those beautiful days at sea where spent with us spending money on drinks, gambling, pics etc....Carnival cleaned up this trip. Don't get me wrong, I understand that mechanical things happen and Carnival will pay dearly to fix the problem. But when you pay $500 for slot and black jack tourney when 150 people participate at $20. And pay basically the same from bingo when 300 - 400 attend. Do the math.....Carnival is making 3 to 7 grand on "entertainment" Further, our ship could have stopped in Key West on the return. But like I say, days at sea pay!!!!!
Old April 17th, 2005, 06:41 PM
Captain

You do make a good point greeneyes67........ They did make out good on this trip. I think the $100 refund and 25% discount pacified most of us, as it could have been worse with our days at sea could have been filled with torrential rains an severe weather. I was on this ship in january for the same cruise and we missed caymans due to a medical emergency but did get to see jamaica, and all we got out of that was a $25 credit and no discount, so I was hoping this time that we would at least see caymans. Also, not sure if you knew how close we were to key west. There was a heart attack on I beleive thursday night and the coast guard had to evac the patient with a boat right in key west. I think a short stop in key west would have made those who have been saying this was the cruise from hell lose at least some of their bitterness.As for me, I like the carnival experience but I don't think I will be riding Imagination again anytime to soon.
Old April 17th, 2005, 08:56 PM
greeneyes67

Default Re: Re: Imagination is Fixed

I do plan to write Carnival a letter just to air my displeasure. However, for all our disappointment it could be worse. We met a woman originally from Jamaica living in the US, she was planning to get off in Ocho Rios and stay for 6 months or so with daughter. She said cruise was just as cheap as airfare. And another couple who planned their wedding on the internet for Grand Cayman. I will not say I will never cruise with Carnival again. I will say that I'm currently angry and disgruntled and for a next 2-3 years I'll take my business to RCCL and sister companies.
Old April 18th, 2005, 07:35 AM
Admiral

Just a FYI, I think Key West limits the number of ships allowed in, so perhaps, they couldn't take the ship to Key West.

Regard,
Thomas
Old April 18th, 2005, 04:58 PM
krissym

I was on the 4/11 Imagination cruise with luv2cruise. It was somewhat disappointing that the engine/propeller broke and the intinerary was changed, however, I was still nonetheless happy with our vacation. Cozomel was fantastic and the weather was great. Face it, sh*t happens. you can only make the best of the situation at hand. I am lookin foward to using that 25% discount on a future cruise.