Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 14th, 2005, 04:41 PM
Passenger

Default Oh no,read feel Victory just bad apple in carnival fleet?

This the ship we are going on this summer. under dear mom one of the last responses and that is just what was stated. it was like an apology and then added maybe the Victory is just the bad apple in the carnival line of ships. where are you anne campbell and jim? help me out here.

i think i should have never gotten on this message board. in other words if youdo not know you will not worry.

if this stuff is all true, why does carnival not do something about it? everyone must be complaining all of the time. the hard thing is that Victory is the only ship that goes to the western carribean in the summer and stops at the three places we wanted to go. ocho rios, cozumel, and cayman islands. anyone out there for responses. thanks
Sponsored Links
Old April 14th, 2005, 10:42 PM
JUGL11

Default Re: Oh no,read feel Victory just bad apple in carnival fleet

I hope it's the bad apple, but I'll never know for sure. After my bad experience on Victory last year I'm afraid to give Carnival a 2nd chance.
Old April 15th, 2005, 05:44 AM
Kathy & Dave

In 3 weeks, we'll be taking our first Carnival cruise on the Glory. In spite of recent events, we are really looking forward to our cruise!

I just wanted to say, don't let everything you read bother you. Our first cruise was on the NCL Sky. After we booked it (on the recommendation of a travel agent), we discovered message boards and read everything we could find about the ship and NCL in general. Most was negative! Had we listened to everyone's advice, we would have canceled our trip and missed out on an awesome experience!

You have to keep in mind that about 150,000 people cruise each ship per year, yet only a handful write reviews. The negative things stay in peoples minds and tend to get spoken about (chance to vent) more than the positive seems to.

Go with an open mind, don't sweat the small stuff. Be flexible with your plans in case there is a change of itinerary. Relax and enjoy your cruise!

Old April 15th, 2005, 01:13 PM
Admiral

No, the Victory is not a bad apple. Just because someone has a 'bad time' just means that this person did not like their cruise. over 2,000 others on the same ship at the same time did have a good time. It is just the way the world works I guess. Ask 100 people exiting DisneyWorld if they had a great time and you will problable get at least five that had a very bad time. That's a 95% satisfaction rate. Not bad you say as you know that people will just be people right. Imagine that 150 people on a ship on every sailing said that they had a terrible time? Still a 95% satidfaction rate but you better believe that heads would roll and rightfully so! So if even 10 people on each ship had a terrible time which I would imagine is very high that is still just a .05% dissatisfaction rate and the ship will still be looking to improve.
Jim

Old April 15th, 2005, 08:39 PM
Admiral

Thre must be 50 reviews on the Victory on this board alone. Don't take ONE review and decide the Victory is a "bad apple".

dorothy

Carnival Elation
Carnival Elation March 11
Carnival Imagination Sept 07
Carniival Sensation Dec 06
RCI Sovereign of the Seas Sept 06
Carnival Miracle Sept 05
Carnival Glory Sept 04
Carnival Fantasy Jan 04
Old April 16th, 2005, 06:07 AM
rosetattoo

My family and I have sailed on the Victory twice because we loved it so much and I have booked a cruise on her in the fall. The service was great, food wonderful, entertainment first rate and the ship is beautiful!! Don't worry, if Carnival is reading these e-mails, they will address the issues. Don't be swayed by someone's bad experience, for one bad experience there are a thousand positive ones.
Old April 17th, 2005, 08:30 AM
Jacqueline01

KP

We sailed the Victory a year ago and we had the best cruise ever.
The ship is beautiful, we stayed on the aft deck on sea days which was very comfortable. The colors on the ship are mexican/spanish, anyway, happy colors
The food was excellent, the staff was beter then expected.
The Deli and the chinese counter were a very nice surprise.
We believe the Victory is one of the better ships Carnival has. We surely book her again in the future, but first we sail the Liberty in January to the Panama Canal!

If we were ever disappointed in a Carnival cruise? No. Every ship/cruise has some negative things, but it cannot and will not spoil my cruise.

I wish you a great cruise on the Victory and if you are at the back aft with a cocktail, then think of me.
Happy Cruising!!!
Old April 18th, 2005, 06:32 AM
Captain

Send a message via Yahoo to wakedreams

My Victory cruise was my favorite cruise so far. I just went last month. I love the colors of the ship.

Form your own opinion when you go, don't go looking for a bad time...or you will probably find it.

Carnival Triumph 11/2008
Carnival Celebration 10/2007
Carnival Victory 11/2006
Disney Wonder 1/2006
Carnival Legend 10/2005
Carnival Victory 3/2005
Carnival Triumph 8/2004
Carnival Sensation 6/2002