Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 17th, 2005, 05:30 PM
KJCCJK

Default Towel Police?

Does anyone know what the policy is regarding folks that leave towels on chairs and then disappear? I thought I read somewhere that the "towel poilce" will throw the towels overboard if unattended for a set period of time. Is this true? It just doesn't seem right that they would throw towels in the ocean.

Thanks!!!
Sponsored Links
Old April 17th, 2005, 05:42 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: Towel Police?

I'm sure they don't throw the towels overboard, but they may just take them. You should never just leave our towel on a chair for an extended period of time, they do charge now for un-returned towels, so that may help the chair hogs not save those precious lounge chairs.. Just keep track of your beach towels and you should be fine.

Message Boards Moderator
Old April 17th, 2005, 05:54 PM
Passenger

We just got back and I did not see one towel thrown overboard......Saving chairs with towels and books starts about 6:30am (I'm an earlybird) and the people show up around 12ish for their spots. The 'no reserving chairs policy' is never enforced along with the 'no kids in a hottub without adult supervision' . One child cut her foot on deck and was bleeding, her dad yelled to her across the deck to just wash it off with in the pool....so she did. Not one person was around to tell them otherwise.
Old April 17th, 2005, 07:19 PM
First Mate

What dorks would do such? No wonder bed bugs, Norwalk, and other verminous diseases are spread by these insolent "adults." These are probably the same ones that scream for a full refund, give horrendous reviews, and profess the perfection of their herd of "angels." Every cruise will have a few of these types, but, that goodness, the majority of the guests still know proper etiquitte and demonstrate good manners. I've yet to let the rudeness and selfishness of others ruin a cruise of mine. Every now and then, I need to be reminded, and thankful that I had parents who could, and would, blister the ole rump when it was needed.
Old April 17th, 2005, 07:28 PM
Admiral

Turkeyman, I absolutely could not have expressed it any better. If you ever run for office, I will certainly vote for you !!
Old April 17th, 2005, 08:01 PM
rosetattoo

If I see someone hasn't been back to their chair in awhile, I take their towel off and throw it on the next chair and sit down. The chairs should only be used by people who wish to get a tan or relax and read, etc. If my grandson is with me and he wants to go in the pool, I put his towel on my chair not on another chair, he's not going to use it. I've seen Mom, Dad, and children reserve 4 or 5 chairs and disappear for hours, very inconsiderate. No one has ever come back to the chair that I took the towel off of.