CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/)
-   -   Wee Jimmy (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/203412-wee-jimmy.html)

Brutis April 17th, 2005 06:03 PM

Wee Jimmy

Just thought I'd let some of you know that Wee Jimmy has been transfered from the Triumph to the Glory as of April 16 2005. He found out on April 14 and announced it on April 15th.
This was our 4th cuise with Carnival and probably the worst we ever had, but Wee Jimmy made a terrible cruise a 'weeeeeeee' bit better.

Best of luck to Jimmy on the Glory.

branflakes1991 April 24th, 2005 09:15 PM

Re: Wee Jimmy

im glad he did that, wee jimmy is AWESOME!!! i wrote an essay about him, lol.

smckee April 25th, 2005 08:19 AM

This was our first cruise...we didn't have too much contact with wee Jimmy...just a bingo game. However, we had a great time on this cruise...sorry to hear you didn't. Just curious...what was so bad about it for you?

Jim Bragg April 25th, 2005 11:28 AM

That's really great as that puts Wee Jimmy with us on the Glory for the Cruisemates Glory B cruise in Sept with Mark Price being the CD. I consider both to be good friends and have known Ralph for years so that will just make the cruise even better. Hope ya'll can join us!
Jim

Rhonda11 April 25th, 2005 12:10 PM

Can you please tell me why your cruise was so bad. Thanks - just curious. I'm going in November 2005.

Brutis April 25th, 2005 08:43 PM

Now I'll have to watch what I say because I find on this board if you say something negative about Carnival you are usually slammed but I'll I'm ready for them :)
Our room was probably the worst room on the ship. We had a balcony on Deck 8, right below the Lido eating area. It was incredibly noisy at all hours of the day and night. Because I'm familiar with Carnival and their Vacation Guarantee we went down and told them of the problem. We were told there were available rooms but they would have to wait until we got to San Juan as more people were getting on and then they would be able to see where one would be available but it wouldn't be a problem. They acknowledged that it was a problem on the ship and also gave us the standard 10% off our next cruise coupon. To make a long story short once we got into San Juan and I asked where we would be moving to they told us there were no more rooms available. When I told them that I would have used the Vacation Guarantee if they did not mislead us the snotty purser then copped an attitude and would not let me speak to her supervisor. I have registered a complaint with Carnival and with my travel agent who is now taking care of it. They will have to do a lot more than 10% to get me back on one of their ships.
Now before someone starts taking shots at me, let me just say that this was my 4th Carnival cruise and the first time we have ever had a problem (not including the time 400 people including my husband ended up with e-coli (sp) in '99...I had a good time though :) ) If they had handled it differently I probably would not be complaining. I feel we were misled right from the start. We did encounter some other problems but I think that we noticed them more because of our lack of sleep. Now don't get me wrong, we were able to sleep just not in our room! There are 2 wooden benches on deck 6 forward on the observation deck that we were able to sleep on.

Don't worry, I'm sure you will have a great time as I always have in the past....now its just a matter of principal for me.

Have fun

Jacque Bearstows parents April 26th, 2005 04:04 PM

Sorry to hear that your cruise on the Triumph was so bad.
We were on her in Feb. and had a great time, along with Weeee Jimmy.

I spent far too much time looking at the deck plans before I decided on a room location but it was worth it in the end.

We got a double lengh balcony for the same price as the other, shorter ones!

Noise is not a problem for us.
By the time we got to bed a war could have broken out and we would not hear it!

We even kept our balcony door open all night.

Thinking about it now, I should have complained about something...................

..........we could sure use a 10% off coupon for our next Carnival cruise!

I may try that next time, thanks!

Jim Bragg April 26th, 2005 08:51 PM

Nope, you won't get slammed for making honest remarks about your observations or feelings. That is what we want to hear here, both the good and the bad. Posts that say "the ship was perfect", or the "ships sucks" are the ones that are not helpful. We want to know why one feels the way they do. People that complain that the ships rocked in heavy seas, or that they were forced to buy something are the ones I pretty much ignore just as I do the ones that think everything was perfect and could not possibly be inproved upon. I am interested in the problem you have as to what cabin that is and of course the Purser was totally wrong! He cannot refuse to allow you to talk to the Head Purser or the Hotel Director who who have been the better person to talk with. Good luck with your outcome and I honestly think a 50% off would be proper as you actually informed them you wanted to take advantage of the guarentee and ONLY remained onboard because of the promise from the purser.
Jim

AKcruiser April 26th, 2005 10:05 PM

Jacque Bearstows Parents,

We are booked in one of the double balcony rooms next Jan. Have you already stayed in one or is it upcoming? I'd love to hear how you liked it.

Brutis,

No bashing here from me. Sounds like you received poor customer service. Hopefully Carnival will learn form the experience and see that it's not repeated.

So sad to hear that Wee Jimmy has changed ships. We were looking forward to seeing him again in Jan. Jim, I bet you'll be happy to see him!!

AKcruiser

mullins5 April 27th, 2005 02:39 PM

WHAT IS WEE JIMMY?

Jim Bragg April 27th, 2005 04:03 PM

Yes we will AK! Very much looking forward to it.
Mullens, Wee Jimmy is a nickname for Ralph V. who is an asst Cruise Director on CCL and quite well known for being so good at his job. The "Wee" part comes in because Ralph is 5 foot nothing in hieght. <G> The "Jimmy" part is because Raplh is Scottish and all Scotsmen are called "Jimmy" in the rest of the UK. Sort of like calling someone from the South a Rebel, or someone from the North a Yankee. Here is a photo of the little druid. <G> Reall, Ralph is a good friend and we talk quite often. I am looking forward to seeing him again in Sept.
Jim

http://12.129.101.60/forum/attachmen...val/111635.jpg