Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 18th, 2005, 11:53 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Dinner room service

If we decide not to go to the dining room for dinner, can you order items listed on the dining room menu through room service?
Sponsored Links
Old April 18th, 2005, 11:59 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki
Default Re: Dinner room service

Not on Carnival you can't. They have a fairly limited room service menu.

However you can also have more choices on Lido Deck at the buffet, if you don't feel like doing the dining room.

Old April 19th, 2005, 04:07 AM
rosetattoo

The in-room dining menu is very limited, you cannot order from the dining room menu. The buffet has very good food at dinner time, prime rib, baked ham, roast beef at the carving station on different nights. You can always bring back dinner from the buffet to your room. We always go to the dining room sometime during the day and check out the menu posted outside.
Old April 19th, 2005, 05:12 AM
Cruise Maniac

ty
Old April 19th, 2005, 08:18 AM
Cruise Maniac

Nope on the dinner but there are a ton of yummie other things to get with room service... don't forget though if you order room service YOU HAVE TO TIP so don't forget the workers on that! =)
Old April 19th, 2005, 08:23 AM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via MSN to PeterV Send a message via Yahoo to PeterV

Actually you don't HAVE to tip anything. If you like the service you received give them a buck or two, but you do not HAVE to do it.

Cheers,
Peter

Old April 19th, 2005, 08:25 AM
Cat

Is room service included, or is it separate and added to your sign &sail? I know you have to tip but are you charged for room service.

Thx
Cat
Old April 19th, 2005, 08:31 AM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via MSN to PeterV Send a message via Yahoo to PeterV

Nope, it is free, they do not deliver things you have to pay for.

Old April 20th, 2005, 09:45 AM
CherylR

CherieB-
Another suggestion for dinner, and I don't know if it is just the two of you or more family and friends going, but once I couldn't make it to the sit-down dinner because I was sick so my family went and my husband brought back a couple entrees from the dinner back to the cabin for me.....I think a strip steak and seafood in pastry they had that night so I wouldn't feel left out. The food at the buffet at dinner is very good, but going to the dining room is a nice experience and the food great and you can order as many appetizers, entrees and desserts as you want. They post the menu for that night right outside the dinig room on the wall, so if it has something really good that you don't want to miss you can know ahead of time. Room service we order all the time...we get coffee and danish delivered early every morning by filling out the order card and putting it outside our door the night before to get us started in the morning, and late at night my son loves their pb&j sandwich (must be that magical cruise peanut butter and jelly!)and we get some other tidbits, they have sandwiches, cookies,brownies, etc you can order. It is free, but I always give them 1 or 2 bucks for the trouble of bringing the food....it is only appropriate. If my food doesn't come for over an hour, of course I would think twice, but for the reply that you HAVE to tip, I think it is only in good standing to give a tip for someones work. A dollar or two every day isn't going to break the bank. I would feel embarrassed if I DIDN'T tip and I know the workers appreciate it.
Old April 21st, 2005, 04:05 AM
Big Craig

ofcourse you tip them a buck or two each time they bring you something, they have to leave there assigned work station and bring you something cause your too lazy to go get it yourself, there walk is worth a little something.
plus you may not get quick service the next time you call, they talk to each other about the passengers.
Old April 21st, 2005, 02:56 PM
mrselves

Default Re: Re: Dinner room service

Wow!! "Big Craig" is sure critical - what's wrong with room service on vacation - I certainly don't get service of any kind at home. I wish people would lighten up sometimes, what
purpose did "Big Craig's" post serve anyway?? Just my humble opinion.
Old April 21st, 2005, 03:37 PM
Cruise Maniac

It IS the proper thing to do is tip the room service worker, the tips you pay at the end of the cruise don't go to them, no one factors in how many times you ordered and splits it with them....
Old April 21st, 2005, 05:45 PM
Cruise Maniac

Everyone says a buck or two............... is it a buck or is it two bucks? I know "don't have to" but if I am a kind person that is to lazy to go get my own food hehheeehhe do y'all go by the amount of food brought to your lazy butt? lol
Old April 21st, 2005, 06:00 PM
Don Smith

Big Craig is correct. Think of it this way...Would you want to ask me to bring you food a second time after you had failed to tip me once...I do not think you would,... trust me.
Old April 21st, 2005, 07:15 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Dinner room service

Cherie,

The amount depends upon your order. If its cookies/brownies or coffee . . . $1 should be fine . . . if it's 3 sandwiches, cookies/brownies . . . I would go with $2. The more you order . . . the more $ you tip!!!

Old April 21st, 2005, 09:31 PM
rosetattoo

Big Craig needs to take a chill pill. People that order room service on a cruise once in awhile might have small children in the room that sleep late or go to bed early or they might be under the weather but we're on vacation and room service is a very special treat for us hard workin' common folk. I'll take advantage of the opportunity to be spoiled for 7 days out of 365 (if ordering room service is considered being lazy, so be it, I'm ready to be lazy). I work like a dog the rest of the year and look forward to every minute on vacation that I don't have to work 10 or 12 hours per day, shop, cook, clean, etc. Big Craig is being a little too sarcastic and nasty which is totally uncalled for. You should be ashamed of yourself.
Old April 21st, 2005, 10:05 PM
CherylR

I agree with RoseTattoo! Having a pot of coffee and some danish delivered when we wake up in the morning while we are still in our PJ's or later at night when we are chillin out in our room when the food places are closed exept for the pizza place and feel like having a sandwich or some brownies is not considered lazy! I work so hard all year, also working long hours with a very stressful job, and long commute, taking care of my family, cooking, and cleaning , that getting room service every once in a while is a nice treat. That is what the room service menu is there for, and we always tip 2 bucks for their trouble. If we go to a hotel for a little weekend getaway you can bet your butt we order room service, so why not on the ship. If I wake up in the morning and don't feel like waiting to eat and have coffee until I have showered and dressed, then by God I am getting a little start-me-up delivered to my stateroom while we are all getting ready!
Old April 22nd, 2005, 11:07 AM
Cruise Maniac

I have never had room service before that was included with the trip. First cruise.......at home, I AM the room service!! We plan on using it because we can, but we also will be tipping and loving it!!

Carnival Celebration
Holiday-2005