Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 20th, 2005, 09:21 AM
Passenger

Default Someone else's child

Let me say I love reading the boards and hope someone will be able to help me. We have started talking about taking a cruise this summer with our son and his girlfriend, and my hesitation is that after I pay for this cruise what if something happens between them and he no longer wants her to go (young love 17 & 18). How much would it cost to change the name on the tickets for someone else? How would you go about it?

I also have another questions about her, will I have a problem taking her to Mexico without her parents being with her? What kind of documintation would I need? She will be 18?

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Terri
Sponsored Links
Old April 20th, 2005, 09:34 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Darcy
Default Re: Someone else's child

Terri

Up until the date of final payment you can delete any member of your party without charge. After that there is a fee for a name change (I beleive it's $50). As long as she's 18 she's not considered a child and doesn't need parental permission. She will need a certified copy of her birth certificate and a photo ID, if she doesn't have a passport. If you have to fly, I would make sure I would buy a refundable ticket for her.

Darcy

Monarch of the Seas 3/06
Carnival Inspiration 8/05
Carnival Miracle 4/05
Carnival Inspiration 4/04
Sovereign of the Seas 4/03
Old April 20th, 2005, 12:20 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Re: Someone else's child

I also heard that as long as the tickets have not been printed (even if you've paid in full), they will change the name (no refund though).

NCL Dream - '08
Carnival Miracle - '07
NCL Dawn - '06
NCL Spirit - '06
Carnival Legend - '05
NCL Dawn - '04
NCL Dawn - '03
NCL Sea - '02
Cunard QE2 - '98
Old April 20th, 2005, 12:26 PM
Admiral

We had a paid ticket for my daughter a few years ago. She ended up leaving home (and family) for awhile and chose not to go.So at the last minute, we substituted my son's best friend, no problems. As he was underage (14) we got a letter of permission from his parents, and all other info, like passport, etc. You should have no problem.

donna

Old April 20th, 2005, 01:06 PM
Rose M

You can change a name or substitute another person before final payment is made. If you change a name after final payment is made they will charge you $25.00.
Old April 20th, 2005, 09:10 PM
cajuncrab

We took an 18 year old friend of my boyfriend's daughter on the cruise. We still needed signed papers from her parents to take her on this cruise. I beleive the reason was because on the cruise you have to be 25 to have your own cabin and be considered an adult. The girls stayed in the same cabin as we did, but because you have to have a guardian with you, if you are under 25, we had to have the papers.
Old April 23rd, 2005, 10:07 AM
Cruise Maniac

Wow, did I get the wrong idea about this thread. For a second, I thought Terri was trying to tell her hubster something.