Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 20th, 2005, 05:28 PM
Passenger

Default leaving on monday...any last minute suggestions?

hi all...leaving on monday on the inspiration....it will be my first cruise (my honeymoon!).....just wondering if there were any last minute suggestions of what to pack or where to visit in grand caymen and cozumel..where to eat on the ship, etc.....all suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated!!!! =) thanks
Sponsored Links
Old April 20th, 2005, 06:19 PM
rosetattoo

Default Re: leaving on monday...any last minute suggestions?

One thing I like to do on a cruise is get up early and watch the sunrise, spectacular!!
Old April 20th, 2005, 06:22 PM
CherylR

Hi Kelly!
Congratulations on your upcoming nuptials and honeymoon!! You two will have the time of your lives and will never forget it. Once you get back, you will be hooked and hitched! They have a great site on the home page for first time cruisers, and if you go back to "older messages" about 8 or so pages back to the date of 4/8 on the post from author TommyB, the subject is "Last minute must have list" and has some great suggestions from all of us you might find useful. If you have any questions just ask...we cruise addicts aim to please!! CherylR
Old April 20th, 2005, 06:31 PM
CherylR

Oh, and Kelly, make sure you have some sexy lingerie and the Do Not Disturb sign for your door!!!
Old April 20th, 2005, 09:33 PM
BoosterMom

Kelly, early congrats. Have a great cruise. Really, as much as you may not want to, go to the shopping talk on board the boat. People say Carnival gets a kick back, ok, but I felt better shopping at stores they recommend. Everything at the pier in Coz will be OK. Touch of Gold had pearls for $1.00 an inch, black, pink, white. Fun little thing to take home, a bracelet for $10.00! They also had some loose stones for good prices. I was told by my jeweler here at home, however, that sometimes those stones are a little off shape and to set them, you "might" have to get a setting made. Hasn't happened to us yet though.............Cinco de Soles, great place for little silver rings, earrings, etc. Can't dicker there though, pretty set prices. For nicer jewelry Tanzanite International or Diamonds International.........just know what you are looking for as far as cut, color, clarity because the info will overwhelm you and you won't know if you're getting a good buy or not. Eat everywhere on the ship!!! The Inspiration has a sushi bar that opens about 4:00 each day. Great place for appetizers before dinner. The 24 hr pizzeria is great, so are the ceasar salads there. The deli in the Lido buffet is good and the 24 hour ice cream/yogurt machine is wonderful. The Atrium Bar has great cappucino. Ask for whipped cream, hey you're on your honeymoon! Carry an extension cord for your hair dryer. The Inspiration bathroom has a medicine cabinet (nice size) and in the shower there is a dispenser for shampoo and shower gel. Go to Mr. Sanchos beach or Chankanaab in Coz. I didn't care for Grand Cayman so I can't tell you much there except that we had fried conch and some kind of juice at a little restaurant there. Shops were OK, but even though Coz has gotten a little more commercial, the selection was better there. Have fun girl!
Old April 20th, 2005, 10:37 PM
Yeoman

In Grand Cayman..go to Stingray City..It is a sandbar in the ocean that is visited by hundreds of stingrays. We used Captain Marvins and got a smaller (16 vs 125) group, and it was really fun! Captain Marvins is just a block or so from the tender and they are very reliable.

Lesley

Valor

Old April 21st, 2005, 05:52 AM
Passenger

Have a wonderful time!!! CONGRATS on the marriage!!!! I as a wife who got pregnant the first month I was married would say pack the birth control!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol Please let me know how everything is on this ship. I am going 6/6/05. I want to know how many formal nights there are etc.... Happy Sailing!

Angie

Old April 21st, 2005, 11:30 AM
Admiral

Have a great cruise!!! I really liked Coz & GC. Definitely C.Marvins if you are doing the Stingray thing.
My only advice would be:buy your own snorkeling gear (if you plan on any snorkeling) before you go of course. Snorkel,mask-who likes to share that sort of thing! (You can use their flippers if you need any.)
atj- Great advice though!!!
Congrats!!!!

Old April 21st, 2005, 12:57 PM
Passenger

so much great information.....i will without a doubt pack the lingerie...hehehe...and get the whipped cream too...heehehehe.....thanks so much for the great ideas!!
Old April 21st, 2005, 01:15 PM
venice

Kelly, you have it all wrong, the sexy lingerie is for your HUSBAND to wear (smile)..yu have to train men right from the very first wedding night (VBG)..just relax and enjoy yourself and don't try to do everything..one of the great aspects of cruising is that you can make time just for the 2 of you without having the everyday hassles (cooking, cleaning, work, phones etc.)

remember the old saying "if you can cruise with a person without a disagreement on the ship, you can do it in life "
Old April 21st, 2005, 03:13 PM
Admiral

My suggestion is to buy some disposal underwater cameras before you leave! They are very inexpensive at your local dept store, but the ships charge $20 each for the same thing! And u/w photos are great to have...

Enjoy! And don't forget the Bonine....we take one every morning, no drowsiness, no seasickness....

8/92 Mex. Riv. Commodore
9/98, 9/00, 9/02 & 7/04 Caribbean - Paradise
10/00, 08/05 Pac. Wtrs. Holiday, Monarch
04/06 Hawaii - Celebrity Summit
09/07 Alaska - Celebrity Summit
07/09 Western Caribbean RCCL Liberty of the Seas
Old April 22nd, 2005, 10:57 PM
superkid

Carnival charge $ 50.00 dollars which is refundable to your S&S Card as collatoral to make sure you pay your bill at the end of your cruise.

P.S. I'm leaving on a carnival cruise on Monday to Mexico
Old April 22nd, 2005, 11:29 PM
Admiral

Just returned from the Legend. Pack a travel alarm clock there is no clock in the room, a power strip cause there is only one electric outlet, a night lite cause the cabin lights are too bright and it's pitch black without. Extra batteries for cameras, sunblock and aloe gel, plenty of film or a large digital card, your prescription and non prescription medications, immodium AD ( void eating fruit in ports I made that mistake) Bonine or non drowsy dramamine (I took just 1/2 tablet before bed each night starting the night before cruise and it worked like a charm) A sweater or jacket if you get cold, air conditioning is sometimes cold in the dinning room and on deck can be windy. Of course don't forget your tickets, and make sure you have your luggage locked with eather cable ties or TSA approved locks. Prepare to have a great time!!!
Old April 22nd, 2005, 11:39 PM
Admiral

Have a great time - don't forget your sense of humor - it's a good thing to have for getting through all those long lines. And here's wishing you both a long and happy marriage. Best marriage advice - never go to bed mad - making up is so much fun lol. TTFN Jennifer
Old April 23rd, 2005, 01:48 AM
Cruise Maniac

Have fun and congrats.
Old April 23rd, 2005, 05:02 AM
Yeoman

Default Re: Re: leaving on monday...any last minute suggestions?

Congrats to you and your husband ! Hope you have a wonderful life together !
For the cruise, just relax and have a wonderful time ! Everything else will be fine !

Happy sailing and smooth seas;
david
Old April 23rd, 2005, 08:44 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to cherylroy

You will love the inspiration. It is my favorite ship so far - I went on the inspiration 3 times! I also went on a cruise on my honeymoon -- now 25 years later I am still cruising and am about to surprise my hubby with a cruise to Alaska. Enjoy everything -- the more involved you get, the more fun you have. Make your hubby do the hairy chest contest! Do survivor -- do the scavenge hunt -- make sure you see the shows nightly! Just have fun and let us know how you enjoy it!
cheryl
Old April 23rd, 2005, 08:46 AM
Captain

Send a message via MSN to hockeyluver

Have a great time and Congrats!!! We saw a couple on our first cruise Dec 2003 they had just gotten married and they were on our second cruise Dec 2004 celebrating thier anniversary! Now that is the way to celebrate with a cruise evey year.

Next up Elation Aug 23 '10
then the Miracle again Feb 7,2011
Miracle '10
Holiday '09
Legend '09
Triumph '08
Valor '07
Triumph '06
Fascination '04
Legend '03
Old April 23rd, 2005, 02:23 PM
Passenger

Enjoy and have fun! If I were you I would try to bring along my parents credit card ONE LAST time ;-)

Congrats

Glory Jan. 2006