Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 22nd, 2005, 09:20 AM
Yeoman

Default Anyone familiar with LAX?

Posted this under Mexico, but no luck.
We're flying into LAX. Another one from our party will be flying in a few minutes prior to us. Looking at the map, he'll be flying into terminal 1 (southwest) and we'll b flying into term 5 (delta).
Looks like it's pretty far away from us. Parking areas between the group of terminals. If we had him get his luggage and come to us, where is a good place for us to meet without getting lost. It's been a long time since I've been there and looks to have really grown. The last thing I want is to lose someone from our party.
Also, we'll have a shuttle service take us to Long Beach port, where do they meet us at? After we get our luggage, do you just go right out of the area to the curbside in front of terminal 5?
One more question, we arrive very early and going to meet someone there on our return. Can we do an early check in with our luggage so we don't have to haul it around the airport?
Not even sure this will work with meeting someone there. Is there an "easy" meeting place to meet someone at the airport?

Thanks for any help you can give me!
Sponsored Links
Old April 22nd, 2005, 10:25 AM
Yeoman

Send a message via Yahoo to karessamom
Default Re: Anyone familiar with LAX?

My honest suggestion is to pick a time and place to meet at the port. Take the shuttle to the pier and don't worry about it. That may sound crude, which i don't mean to sound that way but LAX is a "zoo" and it's going to be hard to meet up. A few years ago our family had to fly into LAX for my mom's funeral and i couldn't believe the changes and growth!! You may get lucky and wind up on the same shuttle but i wouldn't count on it. Unless you wanted to take one of the airport shuttles over to terminal 5 or have your person take the shuttle and meet you at your terminal. Hope this helps.

Old April 22nd, 2005, 11:56 AM
Yeoman

Guess I'll have him take an airport shuttle over to our terminal to meet us. I'm responsible for him, so I have to meet him. Just not sure if there's a good area for him to meet us at our terminal since I'm not familiar with the layout.
thanks
Old April 22nd, 2005, 01:09 PM
Yeoman

you might try this site http://www.iflylax.com/ for info on the airport. Seems to have a good terminal map and info on shuttles, ground trans. etc. hope it helps you.

Old April 22nd, 2005, 01:28 PM
Yeoman

Thanks! It is a wonderful map and really does help. They also have a number I can call. The airport just looks a bit overwhelming to me, but I think we'll manage.
Old April 22nd, 2005, 01:58 PM
Yeoman

It is! but now that i'm looking at Dallas Ft. Worth (We have to change planes and terminals there on our way to NO) LAX doesn't seem so bad! ! You'll be alright.

Old April 22nd, 2005, 04:21 PM
Admiral

bigsky,
You might have your situation already under control but if not, here is my opinion. I fly out of LAX a couple times a year. You didn't say how old the solo flyer was but if he's old enough I would have him get his luggage from the baggage claim area, go outside and take the terminal shuttle over to terminal 5 and meet your party at YOUR baggage area. I have done this a couple of times and it worked out fine. Does each party have a cell phone? Call him and tell him exacty which baggage area you are going to be. Once he meets you there, your whole party can take the shuttle to the port together with no further worries. If its a cruise ship shuttle, they will be there with signs and will tell you where to go. As far as your return trip, I believe you can check your luggage in up to 4 hours before departure. Again, the only good meeting place at LAX that I know of is the baggage claim area. Hope this helps.

#36-Carnival Splendor 9/16/12
7 night Mexican Riviera
Retirement Celebration

#37-Allure of the Seas 11/11/12
7 night Eastern Caribbean

#38-Celebrity Solstice 4/8/13
17 night Tahiti -- Sydney-Honolulu
40th Anniversary Celebration

270 days at see; soon to be 302
Old April 22nd, 2005, 09:41 PM
Yeoman