Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 23rd, 2005, 10:46 AM
Passenger

Default LAX????

HELLO ALL,
Not only is this going to be my first cruise, its also going to be my first time flying(im 28 lol). Can someone give me an idea of approc. how long it takes from the time you land in LAX til you get to port. Is it a long process to find your baggage and the shuttle service?? Since i have never flown on an airplane before im not at all familure with the whole rutine. We land at LAX from portland, Oregon and 12:24 and i know we will have plenty of time to get to the ship but im just curious.
thanks for any help!

AMBER
Sponsored Links
Old April 23rd, 2005, 11:05 AM
Yeoman

Send a message via Yahoo to karessamom
Default Re: LAX????

I'm not sure about the time getting to the port? are you doing a Carnival transfer?? if you are they'll be people at your gate to meet you, if not, then you'll have to go to the luggage area to claim your baggage and then to the shuttle area to grab shuttle, taxi or ?? Count on at least a good 45 minutes to an hour from the time you land till the time you claim your baggage and get to the shuttle area. Some people can do it faster--depends on how many in your party and if you have kids or not. When we flew a couple of years ago to LAX we had our then 15 or so month old baby --it took forever it seemed because he was always wanting to wander off (he wouldn't stay in the stroller )
but by the time we got to the luggage area, the bags were waiting for us to grab. Srry i'm not much help when it comes to getting from airport to terminal tho.