Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 24th, 2005, 04:52 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to cherylroy
Default Was going to do cave tubing in Belize but it is not on my si

Was going to Belize and was going on the Cave tubing excursion -- isn't there anymore on the site where I am booked with Carnival. Does that mean it is all booked up???
cheryl
Sponsored Links
Old April 24th, 2005, 05:25 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Was going to do cave tubing in Belize but it is not on m

Quite possibly. There are others--not affiliated with CCL--who hold the excursion. Most notably, Reggie.

***commercial URL deleted***
Old April 24th, 2005, 08:17 PM
Admiral

Also check Coral Breeze Limited and Shore Trips web sites, they both do this tour I just got back from Belize and did Shark Ray tour with Coral Breeze I was very happy with them.
Old April 24th, 2005, 09:33 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to Sclmkl

Hi, I was on the Valor in FEb and the tour desk said that the Cave tubing does NOT fill up that if it is necessary they could take the whole boat. I would check with carnival, they might be having problems with their site

Sue
Old April 24th, 2005, 10:05 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to cherylroy
Default Re: Re: Was going to do cave tubing in Belize but it is not

OK...call me chicken, but I am to worried about taking an excursion not with the cruiseline. Wonder what would happen if I didn't book and just waited until we were on the ship. Sue, did you do this excursion? I have ups and downs about it -- some love it, others say the water is to low and you have to pull each other along. Thinking of being conservative and just doing the city tour and zoo.
cheryl
Old April 25th, 2005, 07:57 AM
Admiral

We used X-Stream for cave tubing in Belize and we were well taken care of. They were very conscious of the time and watchful of the "cruise sponsored" tour that was right behind us. Of course there IS always a chance that something could go wrong, so if you worry about that, then book the ship's tour. The water was a little low in spots when we were there, and you needed to ride a little higher in your tube through those spots. The current was slow with a few little rushes every now and then. We paddled off and on with our hands to go a bit faster and keep to the deeper areas.

The water depth and speed is dependent on the rainfall of course, so maybe you could keep an eye on local Belize weather. If you've tubed before, you pretty much know what to expect. It does take some effort, expecially when the water is low. But there are also the moments when you lean back and watch the beautiful rain forest glide past you. I personally loved the tour and would recommend it if you enjoy moderate physical, outdoor activities.

Have you played CruiseMates Cruise Trivia Today?
Old April 27th, 2005, 12:21 AM
Ricky Sr

Hi Cheryl, Just returned from our cruise on the 17th, the cave tubing was great. We did however book through Carnival and had a wonderful time. I was skeptic about booking with a local because there is no guaranty of returning on time. There was some people who did book with locals and said they had no problems making it back in time to catch the ship. If possible take that excursion I feel you would have a good time. Ricky