CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/)
-   -   Triumph Lido Deck (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/203590-triumph-lido-deck.html)

RMG1600 April 25th, 2005 12:51 PM

Triumph Lido Deck

I am sailing on May 14th on the Triumph....We booked a guarenteed inside room and we were upgraded to the Lido Deck, but I am not sure if it is such a good thing with so much stuff on the Lido Deck. Or is it a good thing because there are not even half as many cabins on the Lido as there are on other decks, I would love to hear from anyone with some input.

Thanks,
Rich

PapBill April 25th, 2005 01:56 PM

Re: Triumph Lido Deck

I answered this question just the other day about a similar cabin on Destiny, a sister ship. The cabin location is great. They are isolated from the noise and hubbub of the Lido deck activity. You hear nothing. Yet, you can run back to your room for sun screen or get a cup of coffee and not spill it on the elevator. The hallway is about 25 % as long
as on the other decks so you get 75% less traffic and noise.
It may have been the best cabin location we have ever had.

RMG1600 April 25th, 2005 03:11 PM

How about the motion of the boat on Lido?

Thanks
Rich

Rob M. April 25th, 2005 04:12 PM

I agree, Lido deck is a great location for the cabin. On the downside it is on the upper levels of the ship and towards the front so you will feel more ship movement.

But I would rather have movement and be close to everything.

Enjoy.

hockeyluver April 25th, 2005 04:17 PM

Is there any one deck you would not recomend on the triumph?

Brutis April 25th, 2005 04:35 PM

Definitely not the verandah right under the Lido. There are about 6 rooms on each side of the ship that are right under the part where everyone sits to eat on the Lido. You hear everytime someone moves their chair at 6am in the morning until the last person from the deck party goes back to their room at 2am. The floors are teak in that area so you hear everything!

soxmary April 25th, 2005 04:41 PM

I was just on the Triumph - Lido deck on 3/26 and it was great. I would not stay on any other deck now that I have stayed on the Lido. Enjoy we had a great time.

RMG1600 April 25th, 2005 09:39 PM

Thanks for the help everyone........

AKcruiser April 26th, 2005 12:05 AM

We loved the Lido deck....right there near the buffet!!! carried our food back to the cabin and ate on our balcony. This next cruise we booked a Cat 8 room instead because we got one of the "L" shaped rooms that have a much bigger balcony, otherwise we would have selected a lido deck one.

AKcruiser

RMG1600 April 26th, 2005 09:38 AM

Thanks for the help, it sounds like I am in for a great time,and it sounds like Lido is in a very convienient location.