Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 26th, 2005, 12:20 PM
Passenger

Default Past cruise party

I will be on a cruise in July and was wondering if someone is sailing with you that hasn't sailed on Carnival do they get invited to the past cruise party or just the persons that have. There is 4 of us in 2 different rooms and 3 have sailed with carnival and the other hasn't. Has anyone had this problem before? I hate to leave one out of the bunch.

Terri
Sponsored Links
Old April 26th, 2005, 12:26 PM
s langham

Default Re: Past cruise party

That's easy enough to remedy. The invitation will be for the past-cruiser PLUS a guest, so someone can just take the 4th person along as their date.

We encountered this same situation when three friends and I traveled together on the Elation in January. Two of us were past guests, two were not. We just took the other two people as our guests/dates.

skl
Old April 26th, 2005, 12:33 PM
Passenger

S Langahm,

Thanks for the info I feel better now. I would hate not to go (free food and drinks) but I wouldn't want to leave someone out of the group.

Terri
Old April 29th, 2005, 01:23 AM
Passenger

Don't worry. I used to work for them. Just go and talk to the pursers and ask them if its alright if your guest comes and have them ad their name on that invitation or have them print you out a new one. Its not a big deal. They would rather have another guest, than one complain about it later on. Exceeding the guests expectations is the creedo, so they try and stick to it.
Old April 29th, 2005, 02:03 AM
CherylR

We are going to skip the past guest party this year..( we are leaving in 2 days on the Valor May 1). We were disappointed the past 2 years in a row on the Victory w/ the past guest party. They had alot of people as past guests, and everyone each cruise had to be in the main show room lounge, which is big, and even then arriving on time it was almost standing room only since there were hundreds of people in there, and we had to make some other people move over so we could sit down. They did not have enough waiters bringing appetizers and drinks, and we couldn't even flag one down last year to get one drink or appetizer. We sat for 20 minutes listening to the band with a handful of people dancing on stage,wishing we had a drink or a bite of food, and then left. The Captians Cocktail party is much better on one of the formal nights...they had it in a lounge at the back of the ship, and we got there early so we could get a table for the 8 of us. The band was good, we danced, they took pictures of everyone, and the drinks and appetizers were coming around as if on a conveyor belt. By the time we went to dinner we were pretty well liquored up and almost full from all the yummy tidbits we ate!
Old April 29th, 2005, 04:59 AM
Ricky Sr

We attended our past guest party on the Elation a few weeks ago. I am still yet to get an invitation that allows me to bring a guest that is not a past guest. My wife and I each recieve a card that only says (You are invited) no where on it does it say you and a guest. Also my sister and brother-in-law were previous cruisers on our last cruise but the 14 & 16 year old children were not. They were told there children could not attend without an invitation. Ricky
Old April 29th, 2005, 05:51 AM
First Mate

Location: Near Liz's favourite home, Windsor Castle, Berkshire, U.K.
Default Re: Re: Past cruise party

Cherly,

We had EXACTLY the same experience on the Victory as well! The past cruisers party was a complete joke - like you said, harldy any waiters, no drinks or appetizers. Thak god I had read up that you can go to the bar yourself and order drinks which are complimentary - that is if you can get to the bar as nobody was being served anything.

It was a complete farce and an opportunity for that awful CD to tell you how clever you were to book Carnival and to be thankful for that tacky plastic funnel badge they gave you.

Last time we travelled with Carnival on the Inspiration, the past cruisers party was absolutely great so much so that all our group skipped dinner afterwards!!!

Maybe it is just the Victory or do you think it has become par for the course on all the ships?

Regards,

KG
Old April 29th, 2005, 09:30 AM
BoosterMom

When do you get invited to a past guest party? We've cruised twice on Carnival and have third booked......Always told them we were returning guests..
Old April 29th, 2005, 09:37 AM
First Mate

Location: Near Liz's favourite home, Windsor Castle, Berkshire, U.K.

Dear Boostermum,

You will get a personal invitation under your door or left in your cabin by the steward. As I said on the Victory last year we found it to be a lot less personal than previously, most probably due to the numbers of past cruisers.

I would advise you to go early to get a seat and if you are lucky a drink and a little nibble and dont forget that lovely little Freddie the Funnel badge!!!!!!

KG
Old May 2nd, 2005, 09:16 AM
Passenger

My wife and I just returned from the Glory. We were past guests...way past! ;-) Our last CCL cruise was on the Tropicale in October of 1984. Our CCL vacation planner couldn't find the old records and was trying to tell us the party was no big deal to go to. (really!)

I found my old cruise documents and took them along...just in case. I forgot about them until we were underway, so I stopped in at the purser's desk and explained the situation. The young lady behind the desk was very peasant...even commented that she thought thery had made an artificial reef out of the Tropicale some time back. :-)

We were immediately upgraded to "Gold Cards" and invited to what turned out to be a great get-together. Good music...nice finger food...plenty of free drinks...we were beating the waitstaff off with a stick!
Old May 2nd, 2005, 10:24 AM
AirWARRIOR71

I'm wondering if I can get "past cruiser" status..I took my first and only cruise back in 1988 when I was 16, on the Carnivale out of Miami around March 31st. I know the date is in the ballpark because I just recently watched the vhs video of that vacation. Talk about sobering...17 yrs later to see how goofy you looked and acted is definitely eye opening...lol. I will be on the Fantasy on May 15th...can't wait!
Gary in Ohio
Old May 2nd, 2005, 12:47 PM
c4ddym4n

We just returned from Eastern Valor on 04-17-05. The past cruiser party was in the Eagles lounge. There was plenty to drink and eat. We had a great time. There was good band also.