Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 27th, 2005, 09:52 PM
Spongiebob

Default birth certificate help!

hey all:
we're going on a cruise to western caribbean next monday. My boyfriend has a birth certificate from the dpt of vital statistics in georgia. It has a seal although i'm not sure if it's raised, and it's certified by a public notary. He used this certificate to obtain a copy of his social security card when he lost it. Is this OK? thanks
Sponsored Links
Old April 27th, 2005, 10:54 PM
Admiral

Default Re: birth certificate help!

If it's the original Georgia [or an official copy...gotten from a Government agency] birth certificate, it's OK. Mine, which I used to get my Passport, has a watermark and is stamped in multi-colored ink. No "raised seal".
Old April 28th, 2005, 08:49 AM
Happy Camper

It can NOT be from the hospital. Those they do not want - they want the state copy. Call Carnival - (800-CARNIVAL) and make sure you have the right one - it is very very important because as someone mentioned in another post with an alien card - they were denied boarding and lost their cruise fare. It is up to you to make SURE that your paperwork is right. Debbie
Old April 28th, 2005, 05:21 PM
Admiral

Yes it is good. This is the same thing he will use to get his passport. Differant states and even city's and county's issue differant looking official certificates. This is one reason it takes so long for one to go through immigration when you embark and debark the ship. Passports are pretty much the same the world over and the best means of ID.
Jim

Old April 29th, 2005, 07:47 PM
Ricky Sr

I agree Jim, my wife and I just applied for our passports after we got off the last cruise in mid April. We all had to officially go through Immigration and then go turn in the customs card to the customs agent and the people with passports seemed to go through the line much faster than we did with our birth certificates. Ricky
Old April 30th, 2005, 07:32 AM
Spongiebob

i just saw it. it has a white seal on the bottom. the top of the paper says department of human resources-vital statistics, and it's certified by a notary. so i guess this one is ok. thank you all for your help, god bless u all!