Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 29th, 2005, 03:15 PM
maryanne

Default open railings on promenade deck,RCCL

For all those interested, i was just talking to a friend who came back from a rccl cruise on one of their oldest ships and she was saying that on one of the decks she and her husband werestanding on, there was just a railing which a child could fall over very easily. they had an 8 year old with them and when he was not with them he was in the rccl camp activity. having not cruised on either, but going on carnival soon here, i find it interesting there is anywhere on the ship where kids could fall through so easily.
Sponsored Links
Old April 29th, 2005, 03:27 PM
Rose M

Default Re: open railings on promenade deck,RCCL

I hope people remember to pack their brains when they go on a cruise....be vigilant at all times with young children...not only on open decks but everywhere on the ship, the stairs, elevators (which are taken over by children riding up and down, up and down). The decks near the pools get very wet and slippery and people are walking with bare feet into the buffet dining room and I've seen many people slip and fall, one young girl broke her leg and was in a cast for the rest of the week. My friend who is a T.A. went on a Disney cruise and she told me that as soon as people board they have a false sense of security because it is a Disney ship and let their children run free with no supervision....she saw young children in packs running around by themselves. If anything happened to these children, the parents would probably blame the cruise line. The parents are responsible for monitoring their children at all times.
Old April 29th, 2005, 03:42 PM
Admiral

EASILY, no. Can they do it, yes. As far as I know no child or even adlut has ever fallen through the railings overboard but that isn't to say it cannot happen. People have fallen over the railings being stupid or drunk and being stupid. As ever, one should watch the little children and not let them wander around without supervision on the open decks, that is just asking for trouble.
Jim

Old April 30th, 2005, 08:32 AM
CherylR

I totally agree with Rose. Going anywhere on vacation, people seem to leave their common sense and brains at home. There are always kids just running around the ship in packs, up and down stairs, or while you are trying to wait patiently for an elevator they are riding them up and down, runnng around decks laughing and screaming. I know you want your kids to have a good time, but you should not let them behave in such a way that is going to offend the other passengers. I don't see anything wrong with the railings and it would be very hard for a kid to squeeze through them. On the Sun deck and on top of the Lido deck, I just loooked at my pictures and the railing actually runs horizontally, not vertical and there is maybe 5 inches between bars. Good grief, just look after your kids if they are young! Would you actually let a 4-5 year old run around by himself on the ship?