Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 30th, 2005, 10:38 PM
Passenger

Default just returned from inspiration- my thoughts

hi all....just returned from my 1st ever cruise (my honeymoon cruise) aboard the inspiration...just thought yall would like to hear about it.....
LEAVING FROM TAMPA- we flew in the day before to avoid feeling rushed...DO NOT stay at the hampton inn westshore.....the front desk clerk was extremely rude and the hotel was in a louzy part of town, 20 mins from the port and not even close to a decent restaurant.
getting on the ship- things went great, very smooth. arrived at the port at 1030 and was able to get on the ship at 1130. all the staff was great! very professional and eager to make your vacation a great one. being a 1st timer, i didnt know what to expect about the ship. i know this ship is an older one, but to me, it didnt look old. everything looked brand new and very clean.
FUN DAYS AT SEA- there were so many activities to do aboard the ship. the only thing i wish is that there were a bigger pool or at least another pool on the ship. my fiance and i couldnt get in the pool the entire time because their were SO many people in the pool. bingo was fun. and the broadway style shows were really good!! beware of drinking a lot of alcoholic drinks during those shows...it really adds up on the sail and sign card at the end. the cruise director chris was awesome!!!!!!! oh and the food.....really really really good!!!!!!!
PORTS OF CALL- grand cayman- to be honest i was disappointed. i know that they are cleaning up and all from the hurricane, but i just wish there were more stuff to do on the island. but it was partly due to the fact we werent there that long. getting off the tender was terrible- there were 3 ships there that day and too many people trying to start their respective tours...way too many people...we took the highlights shore excursion- skip it....it is way too rushed and crowded to be enjoyed...word of advice...wait to get off the ship and then purchase excursions...way cheaper. Cozumel- had a fun day. we did the sub ocean view...it was great...not crowded. we then went to playa mia- a little crowded but still fun...the shopping was pretty cool...carnival gives you a lot of info about shopping in the ports which was really nice
GETTING OFF THE SHIP- we chose to do "relaxed" method (didnt carry our luggage off our self)...it was a little crowded getting off but we were done and past customs by 915
Im sorry for the long post, just thought i would let everyone know that the inspiration was overall a great ship and we had a blast!!! thanks everyone!!
Sponsored Links
Old May 1st, 2005, 07:47 AM
Passenger

Default Re: just returned from inspiration- my thoughts

Congrats again on your marriage! Thank you for your review. I am going on the same ship on June. It will be my first cruise as well. I am looking forward to it.
Have a wonderful happy life together.
Angie

Old May 1st, 2005, 12:28 PM
Yeoman

Glad you had a great cruise and a wonderful honeymoon ! May you have a wonderful life together !
Hopefully, you will be able to go on another cruise very soon ! They make wonderful aniversary gifts ! !

Happy sailing;
david
Old May 2nd, 2005, 11:02 AM
Admiral

Happy to hear you had a great cruise on your honeymoon!! Congratulations on your marriage!
Old May 2nd, 2005, 11:39 AM
BoosterMom

Congrats on your marriage and I'm glad you like the Inspiration. So far it is one of my favorites. Not too big, not too little. After you figure out which elevators go all the way up and where your dining room is, you've got it made. Lots of little nooks and crannies to hide in with a good book.
Old May 2nd, 2005, 11:57 AM
Passenger

Congratulations! Me and my girlfriend have decided to go on this ship in August. I'm glad to hear it's in such good shape.

Does the Inspiration have a waterslide, like some of the bigger ships? It's not a big deal, but they are fun.
Old May 2nd, 2005, 01:12 PM
Cruisingrandma

yes they have a water slide... It s a great older ship in great shape. One of my many favorites on cArnival. Happy cruising..
Old May 2nd, 2005, 01:35 PM
Admiral

My most sencire congratulations on your marriage and hope you have many wonderful years ahead of you. Thank you for the report on pre-cruise in Tampa. We have very little information on places to stay there. Glad the ship was satisfactory and you enjoyed it. Sorry about GC but most people that have been there can tell you that there really isn't much to do there. The StingRays are a much do but that is essentually it. You can drive over to Rum Point which is nice or just snorkel or dive at Edens Rock.Devils Grotto. Basically that is all there is to do other than shop and everything is pretty expensive there.
Jim

Old May 2nd, 2005, 06:55 PM
Passenger

thanks everyone for your kind words about getting married!! =)