Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 1st, 2005, 02:09 AM
Beginner

Default Princess Job

I am desperate to fulfill my dream of a cruise ship job on Princess Cruise Lines. I have loads of retail experience, but I just completed a Security Guard and Loss Prevention Officer course(with Honors) and would love to gain employment in either of these fields onboard a Princess Cruise Line. I have sent so many resumes, with absolutely no response, can any current crew member give me any suggestions? Or recommend me(after all...you can now say you know me) thanks anyways to anyone for your help.
Sponsored Links
Old May 1st, 2005, 05:18 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Princess Job

Try the cruise lines web sites, maybe call the numbers and ask for information. I would also repost this message on the Ask a staff member post on this message board, or on crewmembers message boards both are on this site.There are many job agencys in Fort Lauderdale that deal with cruise ships also cause I saw them while driving to the airport. Good luck.
Old May 1st, 2005, 12:12 PM
Admiral

Merrymugs, the best way is to send your resume to the line directly through their recruiting department which you can do online. You can also sent a hard copy to the home office and follow up on it every two weeks. It just is not easy to get a job on a ship. That said, also be prepared as they could call you and say be here in a day or two to start your job! I know of that happening that fast. Best of luck.
Jim

Old May 1st, 2005, 05:01 PM
Beginner

Thanks showcat and Jim for both of your suggestions. I live in B.C., and Jim I have sent my resume and cover letter via E-mail directly to the Cruise Lines themselves. Actually I have sent them to a few, not just Princess, as the truth be known I'd just love to work on board any ship. I just love the name Princess, but I'd be content working onboard any of the lines.
I will also send a hard copy to the main office as you have suggested Jim, as well as my two week follow-up. Thanks
Merry